• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Great stat King.
The other two?

Campbell Magnay and Bobby Tuttle, 2013 NC.

Both coming off the bench for Q Country*.

When I have a bit of time I'll write an article about all the GPS boys in the competition.

Melbourne just took the lead after an exceptional Jonah Placid (TGS 2012) offload.

Theres a big Queensland flavour in this rising team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Campbell Magnay and Bobby Tuttle, 2013 NC.

Both coming off the bench for Q Country*.

When I have a bit of time I'll write an article about all the GPS boys in the competition.

Melbourne just took the lead after an exceptional Jonah Placid (TGS 2012) offload.

Theres a big Queensland flavour in this rising team!

Saw Placid. Smart player. We will see more of him in Super 2015 without doubt. Rebs prop 3 from the BSHS 2009 side.

Looking forward to your piece

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Saw Placid. Smart player. We will see more of him in Super 2015 without doubt. Rebs prop 3 from the BSHS 2009 side.

Looking forward to your piece

Sam Jeffries (lock) and Ben Meehan (res. half) are both GPS old boys too, NC and BSHS respectively

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Speaking GPS makes me think of the club at Ashgrove. Rumours strong that Dammers is coaching their Prems next year. Surely not

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Dammit King, you snagged six extra likes off my match report! :p

Thanks for the comments fellas, means a lot to a young first-time writer.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Dammit King, you snagged six extra likes off my match report! :p

Thanks for the comments fellas, means a lot to a young first-time writer.

I won't lie to you Ruggas, I didn't feel guilty for a minute. Always happy to take a profit off others hard work ;)

In all seriousness well done, glad that the report got to see light eventually

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
NC V IGS
Ipswich Lord Mayor Paul Pissalle is the guest bus driver this week for IGS and the boys will be frothing at the mouth when they get off the bus at Boondall after listening to his drivel for an hour and a half. The red & white forwards will be chocko-block full of angry pills and the new Paul Gallen range of peptides too, (now available at Coles Ipswich btw).
I'd rather be on a Kontiki Tour of Syria than in the first few rucks on Saturday afternoon. It's going to be ugly up front and that will be where the game is won and lost. The Nudgee boys will survive a scare but get away with it.
Nudgee by 7

BSHS v GT
Terrace losing 6 in a row will go down like a cup of cold sick in the corridors of power, a top of Gregory Terrace, so the Red/Black will be more fired up than Bert Newton on the way to a spray tan appointment. State High have basically had enough this season and will lose interest in the second half as Terrace bore them to death with a series of up-and-unders and grubber kicks, leading to a couple of soft tries and a relatively easy win. State High won't even open the tuckshop (thankfully).
GT by 12

ACGS v BGS
Churchie will be cockier than Sonny Bill Williams in the girls toilets at Zuri Nightclub. Most of the Churchie team will have spent last weekend in the house of mirrors getting to know themselves, but will ultimately be fresh and rested. Grammar have decided that a composite 15 made up of the Volleyball team, the Tennis First V and the 3 quickest mums from last weeks tuckshop roster could be what's needed to roll the 2014 Champions. The strategy will work for the first 45 seconds, but the cream will rise to the top quicker than a Churchie mum whipping up a strong punch at a fundraiser.
ACGS by 60

TSS v TGS
The Southport coaching staff won't be at the game - they'll watch the 16A match and then head over to Skilled Stadium at Robina to sign a few Pumas for next years season. With attention well and truly turned to next season down at the Port, the T-ba boys might just sneak off with this one, putting them equal third on the table at the end of the round.
TGS 1

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
After getting all predictions right last week, I will continue to have a go at the rarely talked about U16A teams.

TSS vs TGS:
This game will effectively act as the premiership game for the U16A side this year, with a potential upset causing a tied premiership. The boys from Toowoomba will be raring to go after the elongated bus trip down and will bring it to the boys from Southport, especially in the forwards early on. But after the half time oranges made by the new multimillionaire wife with a husband who looks up to Justin Bieber, Southport will get cracking and be too strong in a closely fought battle.
TSS by 10

NC vs IGS:
This game will bring back confidence into the previously dominant Nudgee side and may be a good game to watch for those at Ross Oval. Nudgee have had an up and down season, losing badly to Churchie and just missing out on a tight game to the undefeated Southport and will pull ahead of the team that tied with Grammar...
NC by 18

ACGS vs BGS:
For those who want to watch multiple shellackings in the one day, you're day has come this weekend at Oaklands Parade. The Grammar parents are better to leave the car at home and walk to Churchie considering the parking dilemma that occurs every Saturday and as a result will miss the first half where Churchie have opened up a substantial lead. Although Churchie's forward pack is half filled with B players, Churchie will come out on top to the happiness of the tuck shop mothers.
ACGS by 28

BSHS vs GT:
State High will be looking for their first win the weekend and are sure this is the week their coaches have been telling them. After Terrace stops complaining that Thursden Road doesn't have a grandstand that can match their's, they will open up a lead that will leave State High win-less as they have a bye next weekend.
GT by 12

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Loving this forum now that we are back on the rugby.

Nudgee V IGS will be a great battle in the forwards but that 9-10-15 combination of NC will provide too much direction and variation against IGS but ONLY if the NC forwards can either dominate the advantage line or at least stand their ground.
NC by 10

BSHS will come out all guns blazing. Been saying this since watching their trial games early on in the season that they have immense heart and feed off that enthusiasm if they get a sniff. Marty Koortz to be player of the match as he does his Energiser bunny impersonation and bother the hell out of Horan.
BSHS by 3

Churchie by whatever margin they choose to here. The Grammar lads are brave and enthusiastic. They represent their school with pride but that wont be enough for a very slick Churchie outfit. Nucifora to have the ball on a string again with Ponga (my player of the season) just providing quality support and variations at the back
ACGS by a lot

TSS v TGS will be a cracker but TSS to win here. The one thing that I have learnt is how passionate the TSS supporters are and how intimidating that TSS grandstand is at 2.15pm. TSS just feed off that. TGS have a 2 odd hour trip and whilst they must be seasoned travellers, its a fair way there and a fair way home (unless they are sticking around for the test match). TGS have plenty of heart but I just see the width, speed and the style played by TSS getting up here. Hopefully I win the TSS raffle draw (yes I did buy one of "those" raffle tickets)
TSS by 12

Enjoy your weekend everyone, get into the burgers and Go The Wallabies!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
How's the Nudgee vs Terrace match report coming along?

With all this competitive heat from the rookie I'm really feeling the pressure to step up my own write up this week, so it's coming along slowly ;)

Meanwhile, it's coming to the end of the season and Team of the Year nominations are being thrown around left right and centre.

A decision needs to be made about the format of the Season Review and TOTY announcement, so here are the guidelines. I'm trying to gauge what you all would prefer

If you want a repeat of the 2013 TOTY format (i.e. A vote between the top 4 options for each position, with honourable mentions making the bench), hit like on this post.

Pros: the whole community gets a say in who deserves a spot, rather than just a handful.

Negs: Schools with large boarding houses have a disproportionately large representation.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
If you want a return to 2012 and prior (Writers select a team, justify their own selections) hit like on this post

Pros: Generally accurate, as the writers have seen multiple players multiple times

Negs: The community gets no say, and we're far from infallible

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
A few injuries out GT way with Forsythe and Weller out.

Weller is a huge loss but will be a good look to next year with Quillian playing in the 15.

rugbyhead01

Stan Wickham (3)
TOTY would be a hard one to contribute to. But I suppose the more people who contribute, the more you can get a feel of the top 4 in their positions. Would be hard as I have really only seen most teams once besides two teams in the comp - so would be hard to contribute. Ive seen all, bar 1 game of churches and TSS via video or live, a few of GT, Nudgee and BBC. Player of comp for me so far would have to be Fox. Dominant in every game I have seen. Dorrough has also been outstanding in games I have watched, as well as PJ. Ponga is still a bit individual but that's his league roots, tied in with the fancy footwork he chances, instead of maybe passing the pill. Would have loved to have seen him stay in the comp for next year, or the sport altogether.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The selections for Top 4 come from @RuggasXV, @Spikhaza, and myself, but the final selections rest with the voters.

For 2013 there were 1700 votes for TOTY, and the results were as followed:

1. Evander Guttenbeil TSS (41.94%)
2. Alex Mafi NC (50.41%)
3. Sam Clifton TSS (36.27%)
4. Tom Perkins TSS (27.01%)
5. Jake Upfield TSS (41.51%)
6. PJ Van Den Burg TSS (32.37%)
7. Digger McMillan ACGS (36.97%)
8. Maclean Jones NC (37.55%)
9. Isaac Fines TSS (39.35%)
10. Mitch Third TSS (42.65%)
11. Fred Dorrough TSS (39.35%)
12. Conrad Quick BBC (31.82%)
13. Campbell Magnay NC (40.16%)
14. Isaac Nathan TSS (40.23%)
15. Josh Bowen BBC (32.17%)

16. Jake Lyon TSS (18.91%)
17. Gavin Luka NC (23.06%)
18. Matt Gibbon NC (31.24%)
19. Angus Scott-Young ACGS / Reece Hewat NC (Both on 24.79%)
20. Jayden Rodwell NC (28.06%)
21. Angus Fowler GT (27.10%)
22. Nigel Tanuvasa ACGS (30.09%)
23. George Partridge GT (33.28%)

Most Valuable Injured Player
24. Patrick Morrey BGS (31.52%)

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Any information as to whether Churchie has finally opened their "exclusive" parking to visitors other than just Rolls Royce and Range Rover Churchie parents?

Monday's Expert

Chris McKivat (8)
Warrenwobble - the week has beaten me. Liked your work this round but mentally shot so no creative juices flowing. I'm as dry as Mother Teresa's drip tray. Maybe next week. Hopefully no injuries to any players in any matches and they can finish their seasons on a high next week.

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Any information as to whether Churchie has finally opened their "exclusive" parking to visitors other than just Rolls Royce and Range Rover Churchie parents?

At this point the only way to get a park is via renting a 4 series BMW or equivalent for the day. If not, you're better off parking near the Gabba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom