• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nudgee Jackson Tame

Bob McCowan (2)
Any news on the Ipswich 1st? who will be looking at first jerseys and how the team together will go? Hopefully some improvement from this years horrible season.

Helga

Frank Row (1)
Any news on the Ipswich 1st? who will be looking at first jerseys and how the team together will go? Hopefully some improvement from this years horrible season.

Hi this is my first time replying to someone :eek:
As I understand the beautiful and talented scrum half Harry Parcell will be in line for the number nine jersey again. Also Marantha Aj Ralei will be looking to grab one of the centre spots. I have had the pleasure of watching this aestheticly pleasing young man play football since a young age and certainly think he will have a killer season.

Nudgee Jackson Tame

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi this is my first time replying to someone :eek:
As I understand the beautiful and talented scrum half Harry Parcell will be in line for the number nine jersey again. Also Marantha Aj Ralei will be looking to grab one of the centre spots. I have had the pleasure of watching this aestheticly pleasing young man play football since a young age and certainly think he will have a killer season.

Any contention from the other halfbacks in other grades? That could possibly take his position?

Waradog

Stan Wickham (3)

Hopefully we will see Bryce Edwards holding down either the 15 or 10 jersey at IGS. Leftie with a great kicking game, good pace, and great vision on the field. League background as well so his defence is good as well.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Hopefully we will see Bryce Edwards holding down either the 15 or 10 jersey at IGS. Leftie with a great kicking game, good pace, and great vision on the field. League background as well so his defence is good as well.
IGS Scrum pack is looking fairly good for 2014

1. Josvyn S. (1st XV 2013, U/16 Qld Red (injured)
2. Johann K (U/16 Qld White)
3. Sham V (1st XV 2013, U/18 Qld, U/16 Qld Red)
4. Isaac R (1st XV 2013, U/18 Qld)
5. Matt A (1st XV 2013)
6. Brayden S (1st XV 2013, U/16 QRU City Team)
7. Jaidan S (1st XV 2013, U/16 QRU City Team)
8. Unga W (U/15 QRU City team U/15 West Team)

There are a long list of U/16's and 2nd's player who are also available for 2014.

It may be the first year for a while that IGS has some depth in their squad

Rugby Love

Frank Row (1)
BBC predicted First 15
1. Chris Yanopa/Kahn Helms
2. Bronson Tauakipulo
3. Luke Petersen
4. Dylan Leyland
5. Darcy Swain/Lucas Palmer
6. Kareem Tuuga
7. Christian Malaulau
8. Ben Gunter
9. Max Dempsey/Jack Hay
10. Lenny Ikatau
11. Sam Edwards
12. John Seabrook
13. Jerumi Nanai/Tiann Wilkins
14. Chris Veravis/Jerumi Nani
15. Tiann Wilkins/Max Dempsey

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
I've heard the winger with blue or black headgear may be repeating. I doubt TSS will be weak. 16's have got a fair few talents, plus there were at least 5 yr 11's in the 2nds who were nearly up to the 1sts level.

Only 1 possibly two returning from this years 1st's, yes they do have some talent, but whether they can gain the experience in time is questionable, competing at 1st XV level is more than 1 level above 2nd XV and 16a's.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
BBC predicted First 15
2. Bronson Tauakipulo
3. Luke Petersen
4. Dylan Leyland
6. Kareem Tuuga
7. Christian Malaulau
8. Ben Gunter
9. Max Dempsey/Jack Hay
10. Lenny Ikatau
11. Sam Edwards
12. John Seabrook

Max Dempsey at fullback? Len Ikatau at 10? Max is purely a halfback, and lenny is not a 10, great ball runner and foot pace gives him ideal positioning at 15 or a wing, mate.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Only 1 possibly two returning from this years 1st's, yes they do have some talent, but whether they can gain the experience in time is questionable, competing at 1st XV level is more than 1 level above 2nd XV and 16a's.

I count 4x regulars - Joey Fittock, Issac Nathan, Fred Dorrough, & PJ Van Den Berg

That along with a strong TSS rugby program should ensure a top 4 finish at worse.

Priemership

Frank Row (1)
BBC predicted First 15
2. Bronson Tauakipulo
3. Luke Petersen
4. Dylan Leyland
6. Kareem Tuuga
7. Christian Malaulau
8. Ben Gunter
9. Max Dempsey/Jack Hay
10. Lenny Ikatau
11. Sam Edwards
12. John Seabrook

Forward pack is close but those backs are far off par. I think Seabrook is the colleges best bet at no. 10?

FootyGuru

Bob McCowan (2)
A lot of hype about the upcoming season, just to throw a spanner into the works although very early days who are some contenders for GPS team selections

Elusive1

Frank Row (1)
I have been reading with great interest the comments regarding IGS and have been able to come up with some answers to the question raised in my last post regarding who will be filling 10 with Anderson now gone.

I am reliably informed that the halves will be Parcell at 9 & Hammond at 10 with Edwards competing with Boadhead for 15. Looks like The Coaches will have options as I'm told Hammond was a former 9 for NSW Schools & NSW Country and Edwards can play 10 or 15 just as well. Parcell struggled at times in 2013 but should be better for the experience.

IGS For and Against in 2013 a huge concern and the outside men will need to improve their defensive effort or it will be another long year for the Red & the White. If Forward selections are as shown the Forum they should be competitive, but I can't see much change in fortune for 2014

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Center Lachlan Foulds was picked up by BBC at the State Championships this year. Big, fast and contracted with the Melbourne Storm, he'll be repeating Grade 11 next year. Wouldn't count him out.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
Center Lachlan Foulds was picked up by BBC at the State Championships this year. Big, fast and contracted with the Melbourne Storm, he'll be repeating Grade 11 next year. Wouldn't count him out.
Positions? I'm guessing a back, because BBC's forward stocks are pretty strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.