• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Matt Adcock out for season with knee.

So Churchie is going to look like this for the regular season? This is virtually an identical forward pack. Minus Will Bailey, Brusasco and Asiata played half games each, and Digger McMillan substituted by young James. BBC have lost Bronson and Brad Saunders, meaning these teams have the exact same amount of First XV experience in the forwards at 6/8 returning. Churchie and BBC might be battling it out for first and second this year.

1. Angus Wagner
  2. Josh Webb
  3. Richie Asiata
  4. Angus Scott-Young
  5. Jeremy Gimpel
  6. Liam Wright
  7. James McMillan
  8. Harley Fox
  9. Harry Nucifora
  10. Mack Mason
  11. Hugo Doessel
  12. Jayden Sua
  13. Izaia Perese
  14. Max Quigley/ Ogilvie?
  15. Kalyn Ponga

Ray Price

Frank Row (1)
So Churchie is going to look like this for the regular season? This is virtually an identical forward pack. Minus Will Bailey, Brusasco and Asiata played half games each, and Digger McMillan substituted by young James. BBC have lost Bronson and Brad Saunders, meaning these teams have the exact same amount of First XV experience in the forwards at 6/8 returning. Churchie and BBC might be battling it out for first and second this year.

1. Angus Wagner
  2. Josh Webb
  3. Richie Asiata
  4. Angus Scott-Young
  5. Jeremy Gimpel
  6. Liam Wright
  7. James McMillan
  8. Harley Fox
  9. Harry Nucifora
  10. Mack Mason
  11. Hugo Doessel
  12. Jayden Sua
  13. Izaia Perese
  15. Kalyn Ponga

Close.

1. Angus Wagner
  2. Josh Webb
  3. Richie Asiata
  4. Angus Scott-Young
  5. Jeremy Gimpel / James Gall
  6. Sam Wallis
  7. Liam Wright
  8. Harley Fox
  9. Harry Nucifora
  10. Mack Mason
  11. Hugo Doessel
  12. Jayden Sua
  13. Izaia Perese
  15. Kalyn Ponga

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
What's Wallis' resume like? Queensland 16s, Brisbane Purple?

Not Queensland 16s but definitely played Junior Gold Cup in Brisbane Pink. I heard he played B-Grade rugby at ACGS but with the amount of Grade 11s in the firsts last year it wouldn't surprise me if he ran with the 16As.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
Perhaps, but if size and strength are his main attributes then the step up from u16 to u18 is a big one, much bigger than if he were a speed/skill player. It will be interesting to see if they play him this weekend.

They will play him this weekend for sure...
Bbc was brittle in the centres last Saturday,that was the area that Grammar made good metres in the 1st half of the game.
However it will be a big step for Smith to go up to u18 comp.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
If Kareem Tuuga does indeed stay at hooker, where does this leave Connor Christiensen? And who will play 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
If Kareem Tuuga does indeed stay at hooker, where does this leave Connor Christiensen? And who will play 6?

Christensen in the front row
Farrell to no6
Davidson to lock with Leyland.
That will give them a lot stronger and fitter pack.

NextPropModel

Frank Nicholson (4)
Christensen in the front row
Farrell to no6
Davidson to lock with Leyland.
That will give them a lot stronger and fitter pack.

Davidson is the fittest boy at BBC, so perfect for 6. Christensen has been out injured for most of the term so word is he's not fit.

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
To light for 6, better off with somebody who is larger and hits harder, but his fitness and work rate warrants him a jersey Imo lock is best suited.

Did Davidson win the Mr Olympia comp at the school.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Leave the school yard rumours to other forms of social media.

If you haven't learned by now, there is ZERO TOLERANCE to that here.

If a post LOOKS like it is a dodgy rumour, talking up a mate, or a piss take of a student, then it will be deleted.

This is NOT a democracy. No correspondence will be entered into.

Do not feed the trolls.

The Moderators

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I do not see this as good news for BBC or rugby. Every league club in the country will now be chasing him.another GPS boy lost to league I bet.

I can't quite agree with you Guru. All schools have brought in League players to bolster their First XVs nowadays, and I challenge you to find me a team that doesn't have one.

These players have been identified as talented athletes while playing at league tournaments for league representative teams, often already contracted to rugby league teams. For many new boys the first experience they have with union is at their new GPS School training. These boys play union to get the good education and win games of footy for their school - in my experience, they are all men of good character and quickly get amongst the passion the schools have for First XV competition.

But I digress. In the case of Syd Smith, I would say he's a league boy through and through, who'd rather play origin than against the All Blacks, and good on him for it.

When the league clubs come calling, it'll be to bring home one of their own. Union never had a shot. I believe it's a pretty transparent business deal, and if all parties agree to it then nobody gets shafted.

Even if you're a kid who's been dropped to the Seconds, the future grandkids will be more interested to know that you got dropped from the XXXX First XV for the next Sonny Bill Williams or Israel Folau. Especially more interested at least then if you didn't, and struggled through a season giving up 70 points a game to those same guys playing against you.

Just my two cents before bed time

Status
Not open for further replies.