• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I didn't get to see that game. The TSS loosehead was Toby Greenup, a QLD u/16 rep who played 2 or 3 games for TSS last year while Evander was injured.

He's very good, and I had him pegged starting for GPS 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
You may be right - I was on the the right touchline so I never saw the loosehead side. I did spot him wearing 8 though

I'm not sure when Terrace start training, but some other schools begin their fitness training in December. If Leofa is still this unfit weeks out from competition starting then I'm not sure how much fitter he'll get. These were 30 minute games at absolute tops, and Leofa was completely spent. I hope for competitions sake he can pick himself up

I have watched GT train for the last 4 weeks, and last week was first training (other than light drills) I have seen Leofa participate in and he was running with the seconds so I would 'guess' he has only been 'in work' for a week or so. He was working hard last Thursday.

BAG

mr pls

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anybody wanna have a crack at the TSS, BGS and IGS 1st xv teams I havent heard much about these teams so far

Coogee Boy

Allen Oxlade (6)
I agree- BBC lineout was a shambles (as it has been for 3 years ) but scrum was strong(as it has been for 3 years)
At one stage BBC v Nudgee, the Nudgee 1 & 2 were lifted off their feet and driven onto their backs- against the feed. At least two other occasions the BBC tight head split the Nudgee front row.

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well this certainly wasn't the case for him (Syd Smith) today vs Nudgee. Biggest on the field by quite a bit (size). Looked absolutely gigantic.

Holy shit there is some big 15/16yo units in that pool. IGS 18 (an absolute monster, biggest out there), BBC 12, NC 13 and IGS hooker!

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Fraser McReight played some part in the BGS side and is in year 10. He plays 8 in his age group. How did he go and where did he play?

Is he the only year 10?

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Walked past Carrozza with his little Red notebook and he had written down
BBC-15,10 , 4,2
-NC 12 &3
-IGS 3
not surprising- all but BBC 10 are in his QRU under 18 squad

-

You must have eagle eyes GSP. Also number 10 from BBC is not in the reds 18 squad, Tiontian Raoren is from W.A but was never selected into the squad, only Jayden Ngmanu.

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm not sure when Terrace start training, but some other schools begin their fitness training in December. If Leofa is still this unfit weeks out from competition starting then I'm not sure how much fitter he'll get. These were 30 minute games at absolute tops, and Leofa was completely spent. I hope for competitions sake he can pick himself up

Bit harsh the comments on Leofa, a few factors to consider:

How many games has he actually played since 15A's at state high due to injuries?

How many games has he actually played at Prop?

Saturdays games I believe was his first hit out first XV level.

Transition from No 8 to LH prop is not going to happen automatically, will take time.

Scott from Scotland

Bob McCowan (2)
Number fourteen for Churchie was brilliant. . . thought he added some great counterattack to the Churchie backline

Tyrone Southorn reminded me a lot like the red headed rocket from Scots college, Andrew Kellaway. . . .Brilliant.

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)

How many games has he actually played since 15A's at state high due to injuries?

Transition from No 8 to LH prop is not going to happen automatically, will take time.

I have to agree, Leofa is a great player, but due to his wrist/hand injury and lack of playing and fitness training, he is currently stuggling.

Should this have an affect on his chances of being selected into the next round of GPS trials? Should they select him on current form or hope that another run in the next round of trials will see improvement?

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
I see Conrad Quick has been added to the Aussie under 20 squad for the World Cup in NZ.
That makes 3 boys from the ill - fated 2012 BBC 1st xv in that squad . Those 3 boys played a total of only 5matches between them in 2012.
So IGS &BSHS there is a lesson to be learned for this year: to win a GPS premiership you need no injuries or
Depth/depth/depth.

SideKick

Herbert Moran (7)
I see Conrad Quick has been added to the Aussie under 20 squad for the World Cup in NZ.
That makes 3 boys from the ill - fated 2012 BBC 1st xv in that squad . Those 3 boys played a total of only 5matches between them in 2012.
So IGS &BSHS there is a lesson to be learned for this year: to win a GPS premiership you need no injuries or
Depth/depth/depth.
2012 was actually an impressive side, but I think it still had a bit of self-doubt about it: ie. the loss to Grammar.
The current side looks aggressive and determined. They'll need to sort the line-outs out but Tuuga has only had two games at hooker so the throwing should improve over the trial season.
The scrum, before Peterson went off- was devastating- one minute collapsing the Nudgee front row then the next lifting them clean off the ground and over on their backs- I have never seen that happen to a Nudgee scrum.
Add to that a back-line that cuts like a hot knife through butter.... very early days but could it finally be the year of BBC?

L Yates

Herbert Moran (7)
Add to that a back-line that cuts like a hot knife through butter.. very early days but could it finally be the year of BBC?
SideKick, Yesterday at 10:12 PM Report
Hot knife through butter???Which game did you watch on Saturday.??
I saw a slick 10 & 15 and two athletic 6 foot 6 locks.
But I also saw a 9 that threw some bad passes and 2 huge league centres that kept running back inside into the ruck.
However for the 1st time in 106 years there was real depth.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
My personal pet hate is League players that ALWAYS try and cut inside.. coached into them from a young age

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Fraser McReight played some part in the BGS side and is in year 10. He plays 8 in his age group. How did he go and where did he play?

Is he the only year 10?

Seemed to play 12 when he came on. He has been a No. 8 in the past however Emtage may be looking to develop his game into more of a "crash ball" centre option, due to his size and adequate speed. For a first outing, he handled the physicality aspect well. Yes, the only Year 10 that played on the weekend.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)

Regardless, there was A LOT of hype about him...

Status
Not open for further replies.