• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Where do we go to find them as it's past 7:30?

I've just had a chat to a media guy at the Reds who said he hadn't even been briefed about it. Unlikely it'll go up on Reds.com tonight.

Considering our friend qldRU suggested 7:30 tonight is the time it's released, before raging about Ponga missing out on AIC selections, I'm not sure how reliable that 'fact' was.

All the same I'd be checking the GPS sporting pulse page.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've just had a chat to a media guy at the Reds who said he hadn't even been briefed about it. Unlikely it'll go up on Reds.com tonight.

Considering our friend qldRU suggested 7:30 tonight is the time it's released, before raging about Ponga missing out on AIC selections, I'm not sure how reliable that 'fact' was.

All the same I'd be checking the GPS sporting pulse page.

laughable mate, ill just keep the gps teams to myself then :3

gtarmy

Frank Row (1)
would have thought connor moroney would be higher up than gps 2 bench seeming he was startin 7 for qld last year

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
would have thought connor moroney would be higher up than gps 2 bench seeming he was startin 7 for qld last year

I agree. I figured Moroney would be starting for GPS 2 behind PJ Van Den Burg, but it appears there's another 7 who figures higher.

The only other options are Jackson Evans from NC, Jaidan Schultz from IGS, Mace Hartley from TGS, and Matt Sautia from BSHS, possibly Paddy Dooley from BGS.

Christian Malaulau didn't make the second trial.

On trial form I'd guess Matt Sautia must have locked it up, which I don't exactly disagree with. He's a very physical player in my opinion better suited to 8. If he's been picked at 7 it may be to compromise for a slighter pack.

My next guess would be Dooley, who played exceptionally in defence in the first round of trials.

EDIT: I'll just remind everyone that the 'report' button is just below the post, if anyone feels there is anything that needs to be reported

gtarmy

Frank Row (1)
Y
I agree. I figured Moroney would be starting for GPS 2 behind PJ Van Den Burg, but it appears there's another 7 who figures higher.

The only other options are Jackson Evans from NC, Jaidan Schultz from IGS, Mace Hartley from TGS, and Matt Sautia from BSHS, possibly Paddy Dooley from BGS.

Christian Malaulau didn't make the second trial.

On trial form I'd guess Matt Sautia must have locked it up, which I don't exactly disagree with. He's a very physical player in my opinion better suited to 8. If he's been picked at 7 it may be to compromise for a slighter pack.

My next guess would be Dooley, who played exceptionally in defence in the first round of trials.

EDIT: I'll just remind everyone that the 'report' button is just below the post, if anyone feels there is anything that needs to be reported
yeah that's understandable if they want some size in the pack but moroney is exceptional at the breakdown

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
As it turns out, Matt Sautia strained a muscle in his neck against Toowoomba in the second game of the first trial, and had to be stretchered off in a neck brace. Sautia didn't trial in the second round, making it unlikely he's been selected. He won't trial against BBC next week either, but is expected to come back after that.

That makes Paddy Dooley my favourite to start at 7, though Jaidan Schultz may well be selected.

My source says Matt Smith (playmaker), Jim Henjak (centre), Liam McNamara (playmaker), Tyrone Southorn (wing/centre), Johann Koorts (front row), Tuaina Tualima (lock/blindside), Enokka Kalupou (prop), and Tim Sipple (halfback) were the only BSHS players invited to the second trial.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
As it turns out, Matt Sautia strained a muscle in his neck against Toowoomba in the second game of the first trial, and had to be stretchered off in a neck brace. Sautia didn't trial in the second round, making it unlikely he's been selected. He won't trial against BBC next week either, but is expected to come back after that.

That makes Paddy Dooley my favourite to start at 7, though Jaidan Schultz may well be selected.

My source says Matt Smith (playmaker), Jim Henjak (centre), Liam McNamara (playmaker), Tyrone Southorn (wing/centre), Johann Koorts (front row), Tuaina Tualima (lock/blindside), Enokka Kalupou (prop), and Tim Sipple (halfback) were the only BSHS players invited to the second trial.
Whilst I thought Van Den Berg would land the #7, I'm told that Jaidon Schultz has secured the jersey. Very strong player also!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Whilst I thought Van Den Berg would land the #7, I'm told that Jaidon Schultz has secured the jersey. Very strong player also!

Have you found yourself a team list Breakdown, or just a chat with someone in the know? I've been talking to a lot of very anxious boys tonight who desperately want to know

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Have you found yourself a team list Breakdown, or just a chat with someone in the know? I've been talking to a lot of very anxious boys tonight who desperately want to know

No team list released but confirmed mail has Schultz @ #7.

I can imagine there are! I'm actually told these won't be publicised until tomorrow.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
No team list released but confirmed mail has Schultz @ #7.

I can imagine there are! I'm actually told these won't be publicised until tomorrow.

All well and good.

My news is that Gavin Luka and Alex Mafi were not required to trial, and I've interpreted that as these are automatic selections. I bumped in to Reece Hewat at Ballymore for Round 1 and he was dressed in a tracksuit, but obviously wasn't playing, so he constitutes another automatic selection for me, but couldn't say what position. He may well feature in the second row again for Queensland and GPS 1, but I doubt it. Angus Scott Young and Dylan Leyland are such quality players that he'll be moved to 6 or 8 (my money is on 8) to fit the most possible talent in.

The backline will be interesting. I interpret it as a battle between Nucifora and Pilz for halfback, with the former my selection. I'd sacrifice a superior running game of Pilz for greater reliability passing.

Horan has been confirmed by one of my current schoolboy sources.

12 comes down to Calvin Pritchard, Eddie McCorley

1. Gavin Luka
2. Alex Mafi
3. James McColl, as a 2013 Australia A Schoolboy has to be an automatic selection. He just has to be.
7. Jaidan Schultz
10. Alex Horan
15. (Does Kalyn Ponga merit an automatic selection? maybe)

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
All well and good.

My news is that Gavin Luka and Alex Mafi were not required to trial, and I've interpreted that as these are automatic selections. I bumped in to Reece Hewat at Ballymore for Round 1 and he was dressed in a tracksuit, but obviously wasn't playing, so he constitutes another automatic selection for me, but couldn't say what position. He may well feature in the second row again for Queensland and GPS 1, but I doubt it. Angus Scott Young and Dylan Leyland are such quality players that he'll be moved to 6 or 8 (my money is on 8) to fit the most possible talent in.

The backline will be interesting. I interpret it as a battle between Nucifora and Pilz for halfback, with the former my selection. I'd sacrifice a superior running game of Pilz for greater reliability passing.

Horan has been confirmed by one of my current schoolboy sources.

12 comes down to Calvin Pritchard, Eddie McCorley

1. Gavin Luka
2. Alex Mafi
3. James McColl, as a 2013 Australia A Schoolboy has to be an automatic selection. He just has to be.
7. Jaidan Schultz
10. Alex Horan
15. (Does Kalyn Ponga merit an automatic selection? maybe)

Correct: Scott-Young & Leyland have the locks with Hewitt @ #8.

Knockon is also correct with Nucifora, Pritchard, Bender, & Southorn leaked.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I guess all will be revealed soon. However, going from prior year selections, GPS 1 and GPS 2 do not have bench players. So an earlier tip of someone making GPS 2 bench may be incorrect.

In prior years only 15 players have been selected for GPS 1 and then a further 15 players for GPS 2 who are also reserves for GPS 1 when they play.

Then there are around 23 players selected for GPS 3, who also then reserve for GPS 2 when they play.

But then again on the AIC thread it was said they were only picking one AIC team which is different to prior years when two have usually been selected.

There is never enough information on the format etc of selections and QLD Schoolboy trials and always seems too much secret squirrel to me.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
I guess all will be revealed soon. However, going from prior year selections, GPS 1 and GPS 2 do not have bench players. So an earlier tip of someone making GPS 2 bench may be incorrect.

In prior years only 15 players have been selected for GPS 1 and then a further 15 players for GPS 2 who are also reserves for GPS 1 when they play.

Then there are around 23 players selected for GPS 3, who also then reserve for GPS 2 when they play.

But then again on the AIC thread it was said they were only picking one AIC team which is different to prior years when two have usually been selected.

There is never enough information on the format etc of selections and QLD Schoolboy trials and always seems too much secret squirrel to me.
for informations sake there is only 1 aic team with 23 players

then in the chairmans team aic has around 13 players

Gary Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
So just from gathering information from the posts above, the GPS forward pack will be:
1. Gavin Luka
2. Alex Mafi
3. James McColl
4. Angus Scott - Young
5. Dylan Leyland
6. Tuaina Tualima
7. Jaiden Schultz
8. Reece Hewat

If I've got anything wrong just let me know

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)

I have been told firmly there are 3x GPS teams of 23x players this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.