• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARU Footy Keen

Frank Row (1)
I think TSS are a lot stronger than a few people think. However after watching what Churchie did to BSHS on the week end I think that they will have their hands full playing each other. Again I have to make comment on Ponga, what a game. I think it will be the game of the season.
On another note I was very impressed with the 15a's from BBC of last year, being undefeated, however I saw that they got beaten by TSS last week. What happened, did most of them go up to the 1st's already?

Have to agree with you there, TSS are extremely underrated. Although they only have a few guns (Fittock, Dorrough, Van den Berg) the TSS coaching staff seems to have produced yet another well rounded team. Unlike sides such as BBC and Terrace, schools like Nudgee, Churchie and Southport know how to play as a team and are really showing that. From the two games I witnessed in the "shark tank", both BBC and GT were relying on their star players to stand up compared to TSS who looked more like they were playing for each other. The spirit is clearly strong from the coastal boys.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
[quote="Monday's Expert, post: 644234, member: 12279"]Round 3 opinions (Thus far tipping 7/8)

ACGS v TGS

Churchie toured Scotland as an acclimatization exercise for the TGS game and the school has razed a local slum to erect a purpose built climate controlled indoor rugby pitch to replicate the conditions the $2 Billion Churchie rugby satellite has predicted they will face this weekend on the range. TGS will put up a brave fight for the first twenty minutes but will be ultimately be rolled by one of the most cynically amassed rosters of schoolboy rugby talent since NC had Australian Schools players (Matahaere) in the 2nd XV. If Perese, Ponga or Mason do a hammie in the cold, this could become a very different season for Churchie although no doubt another "full fee" payer would bounce up next week to fill in.

NC v BBC

Before the season started, people were considering local apartment rentals to get close to the action of what was tipped as a blockbuster but if beating TGS by 3 at Miskin is the best BBC can do with its embarrassment of riches, then this does not deserve match of the round status. The White Elephants need to find their mojo because the season is nearly half over. NC had a yawn and a stretch last week before casually flicking BGS to the kerb and BBC will be sweating like Gerard Baden-Clay at his first shower parade that NC do not do the same to them, condemning them - again - to a season of excuses. NC by 15-20, but only if they focus on the game at hand and not the following week - NC v Churchie at Churchie.

Very funny -very accurate.Your best yet.
The ACGS 2nxv is very average -so they better hope for no injuries.But 1st xv backline is brilliant.Has there been any better>?
The Broncos rate Sua very very highly,

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
IGS vs TSS: Tighter than might be expected. But TSS by 9

ACGS vs TGS: Sorry TGS but a whupping is on the cards. ACGS by 30+

BBC vs NC: (As an BBC old boy) I don't know what has gone wrong this year, or if it was perhaps a few too many excited BBC posters that left me feeling confident (I live in the US and I am far removed from the school), but from what II saw on live stream vs TSS and the score vs TGS, and my own personal experience playing Nudgee (did not look forward to that fixture at all, it felt like an ingrained fear at BBC after so many years and all grades of getting dominated by the boys in butcher stripes), I expect Nudgee to put paid to BBC's dream of their first "outright" premiership and truly break the spine of this much-hyped team leading to a collapse in self belief that will see BBC lucky to win more than 2 more games this season (BGS and BSHS)
Nudgee by 20+

BGS vs BSHS: Who cares? They will both be at the lower end of the table. BGS by 1

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Good tips mate but a lot of people 'care' about the BGS BSHS game.

You sound like a League fan on the Foxsports page with that jibe! "Who Cares" is their favourite buzz word

ruckhudson

Peter Burge (5)
My ealier post seemed to dissapear asking on the decline in BSHS rugby not sure if upset one of the private school old boys with influence.

As I said they used to have D's even E's from 13's to opens but now struggle for B's....any insight??

FightingFarmer69

Frank Row (1)

ACGS vs TGS: Sorry ACGS but TGS at home cant be beat, TGS by 30+

BBC vs NC: (As an BBC old boy) I don't know what has gone wrong this year, or if it was perhaps a few too many excited BBC posters that left me feeling confident (I live in the US and I am far removed from the school), but from what II saw on live stream vs TSS and the score vs TGS, and my own personal experience playing Nudgee (did not look forward to that fixture at all, it felt like an ingrained fear at BBC after so many years and all grades of getting dominated by the boys in butcher stripes), I expect Nudgee to put paid to BBC's dream of their first "outright" premiership and truly break the spine of this much-hyped team leading to a collapse in self belief that will see BBC lucky to win more than 2 more games this season (BGS and BSHS)
Nudgee by 20+

BGS vs BSHS: Who cares? They will both be at the lower end of the table. BGS by 1[/quote

jack07

Chris McKivat (8)

ACGS vs TGS: Sorry TGS but a whupping is on the cards. ACGS by 30+

Nudgee by 20+

BGS vs BSHS: Who cares? They will both be at the lower end of the table. BGS by 1
Wow that is called putting the knife in to BBC.........
Lets hope as an "Old Boy" that you will still support college as I don't believe that Nudgee is unbeatable.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Nice work Monday. But I'm pipping you by 1 at this stage.

I'll take a different approach this week....

IGS Vs TSS
The TSS Dads have supported well this year, focussed more on the rugby and less on comparing tatts and their new pair of clubbie budgies. The real issue this week is if any of them will be buggered to get to the Switch to cheer their team on.
The Ippy dads on the other hand will be quite happy with a home game and they'll be chock full of the angry pills and those really big 750ml Mother Cans. It's been a while since anyone from Ippy has donated anything and they sure won't be donating a half of rugby like BBC and Terrace have in the 2 previous weeks. TSS will be up by 9 at half time and The TSS boys will be on the bus revving it up with 10 minutes to go. Leaving behind a lone, TSS dad still trying to sell his book of $100 raffle tickets for a new Toyota Yaris.
TSS by 18

BGS V BSHS
The Grammarian dads will be fired up for a win out at Northagte on Saturday. You won't be able to hear yourself think for the enthusiastic discussions about their sons OP predictions and how good the 2012 team was (and this years Chess team is).
The State High dads will be shining their State High bumper stickers early on saturday morning and will be very confident of giving a bit of stick from the sidelines. Good thing is they won't understand a word any of the Grammar dads say (who does?). The game should pass without drama, until some late excitement around a Grammar win causes some burnt burger patties on the BBQ to set off the canteen fire alarm. Alas all of the excitement will be quashed by 2 runaway tries from the State High boys in the last minute.
State High by 7.

ACGS V TGS
The Churchie dads will have had the Range Rover turtle waxed by the hired help and the sun roof will be shut on the way up, so mums new hair-do doesn't blow out. There will be more focus on the placement of the picnic rug and the ice bucket than ensuring the investment in the salary cap pays off in this one.
The T-Ba dads will have the RM Williams deck chairs out early, with lots of effort put into the Old Boys Annual Quilting and Scones competition, the winners of which will be displayed at halftime.
Churchie to win by 24.

BBC Vs NC
BBC dads will want to get there early on Saturday morning as the best chance of them chalking up a win will be in the younger age groups, or the basketball. The Nudgee dads will be seen shaking their heads in a more than condescending manner at their novice Rugby Recruiting Counterparts, whilst puffing chests and whinging about every referee decision that goes against them on the day, including the lodgment of a 4 page written complaint about the reff-ing standards in the 13E match which they will win by 70.
Nudgee by 16

GT Dads will have the day off to attend a working bee on the brand, new grandstand at Tennyson.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
[quote="warrenwobble, post: 644459, member: 21200"]Nice work Monday. But I'm pipping you by 1 at this stage.

BBC Vs NC
BBC dads will want to get there early on Saturday morning as the best chance of them chalking up a win will be in the younger age groups, or the basketball. The Nudgee dads will be seen shaking their heads in a more than condescending manner at their novice Rugby Recruiting Counterparts, whilst puffing chests and whinging

Very good.I got a good chuckle.I see BBC v TGS in basketball played 28 won 28.(ists won by 40)

"Poor old BBC let Nudgee &TSS have 15 to 20 years headstart in recruiting.

Nudgee 14A now recruiting like Real Madrid- get boys on board (even though you are undefeated by heaps) just so other schools do not get them. NC 14B won by 90 on Saturday!!

BORED

Herbert Moran (7)
Nice work Monday. But I'm pipping you by 1 at this stage.

I'll take a different approach this week..

IGS Vs TSS
The TSS Dads have supported well this year, focussed more on the rugby and less on comparing tatts and their new pair of clubbie budgies. The real issue this week is if any of them will be buggered to get to the Switch to cheer their team on.
The Ippy dads on the other hand will be quite happy with a home game and they'll be chock full of the angry pills and those really big 750ml Mother Cans. It's been a while since anyone from Ippy has donated anything and they sure won't be donating a half of rugby like BBC and Terrace have in the 2 previous weeks. TSS will be up by 9 at half time and The TSS boys will be on the bus revving it up with 10 minutes to go. Leaving behind a lone, TSS dad still trying to sell his book of $100 raffle tickets for a new Toyota Yaris.
TSS by 18

BGS V BSHS
The Grammarian dads will be fired up for a win out at Northagte on Saturday. You won't be able to hear yourself think for the enthusiastic discussions about their sons OP predictions and how good the 2012 team was (and this years Chess team is).
The State High dads will be shining their State High bumper stickers early on saturday morning and will be very confident of giving a bit of stick from the sidelines. Good thing is they won't understand a word any of the Grammar dads say (who does?). The game should pass without drama, until some late excitement around a Grammar win causes some burnt burger patties on the BBQ to set off the canteen fire alarm. Alas all of the excitement will be quashed by 2 runaway tries from the State High boys in the last minute.
State High by 7.

ACGS V TGS
The Churchie dads will have had the Range Rover turtle waxed by the hired help and the sun roof will be shut on the way up, so mums new hair-do doesn't blow out. There will be more focus on the placement of the picnic rug and the ice bucket than ensuring the investment in the salary cap pays off in this one.
The T-Ba dads will have the RM Williams deck chairs out early, with lots of effort put into the Old Boys Annual Quilting and Scones competition, the winners of which will be displayed at halftime.
Churchie to win by 24.

BBC Vs NC
BBC dads will want to get there early on Saturday morning as the best chance of them chalking up a win will be in the younger age groups, or the basketball. The Nudgee dads will be seen shaking their heads in a more than condescending manner at their novice Rugby Recruiting Counterparts, whilst puffing chests and whinging about every referee decision that goes against them on the day, including the lodgment of a 4 page written complaint about the reff-ing standards in the 13E match which they will win by 70.
Nudgee by 16

GT Dads will have the day off to attend a working bee on the brand, new grandstand at Tennyson.
Have just been told that all IGS games are being played at their Brassall Grounds and not at the School. Looked it up on Google Maps and they are at the end of Pearse Drive, Brassall. Looks to be a bit of a navigation nightmare so may need to leave 15min early to make sure I get there on time.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Reading these posts about BBC getting whipped by NC. Is making me wonder that everybody bagging them is secretly BBC supporters hoping that the coach pins up a copy of this forum for motivation for the BBC boys. One read of the comments above sure would fire me up.

paddywagen

Allen Oxlade (6)
NCOBA.jpg

underdone

Peter Burge (5)
Reading these posts about BBC getting whipped by NC. Is making me wonder that everybody bagging them is secretly BBC supporters hoping that the coach pins up a copy of this forum for motivation for the BBC boys. One read of the comments above sure would fire me up.

I think they will be a much more positive team this week, with the return of a couple of serious players in Tuuga & Gunter and Dempsey will be giving 110% like he always does and the fast feet of Verevis at #15 will certainly change the dynamics of the team, maybe back to the team we saw playing at the GPS trials.

bear

Herbert Moran (7)
My ealier post seemed to dissapear asking on the decline in BSHS rugby not sure if upset one of the private school old boys with influence.

As I said they used to have D's even E's from 13's to opens but now struggle for B's..any insight??

I know that the bshs u/13 a's have won four trials and beat toowoomba grammar and churchie pretty easily in comp. games. The u/13 b's beat tgs 87 nil. In fact i think the a, b and c teams in 13's , 14's and 15's have pretty well won most of there games this season so they must be doing something right.

El Nombre

Frank Row (1)
Did I just read those results correctly? Churchies thirds downed by Nudgee's fifths. Speaks volumes of the depth at that place, it's a shame only a handful of schools can put enough teams in to make up full numbers with schools like GT and Nudgee.

Status
Not open for further replies.