• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy

Peter Burge (5)
1st XV Table unofficial but should look something like this at end of round 8
ACGS 14
NC 12
TSS 10
BSHS 6
TGS 6
BBC 6
IGS 6
GT 4
BGS 0

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Well I can truly say that Ponga was phenomenal.

Churchie would be a 30 point less side without him. How many did he bag?
5? 6?

What the hell does he do to make those breaks? Surely it's not just speed

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Well I can truly say that Ponga was phenomenal.

Churchie would be a 30 point less side without him. How many did he bag?
5? 6?

What the hell does he do to make those breaks? Surely it's not just speed

His step is crucial in his game, as is his vision. He has great leg drive to break weaker tackles and always beats the first defender.

Impartial Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
Is it always the best thing to do to enforce the mercy rule?
It seems like almost a more demoralizing option than the extra 10 or 15 points that would be put on, had the game continued.

Watching the Churchie - BGS game now, but it seems like it would be even more of a slap in the face for the BGS First XV to have to call the game off early.
They actually did end the game 1 minute early - looked like it was instigated by Churchie

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
For those interested in seeing the comparison of NSW and QLD GPS, here is a a magnificently put together video of the winning NSW GPS team in 2014, Scots College:

No racism intended but I notice a distinct lack of Islander and Indigenous boys in the NSW First XV teams compared to QLD, is there a reason for this?

kickingtee

Allen Oxlade (6)
@Realdeal, Happy for you to do your survey.

Report your survey findings on the appropriate thread not this one. Click on this link if you want to talk further on importing, scholarships, poaching, bursaries, fees assistance or similar ->http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/school-sporting-scholarships.5780/

Do not post about it any more on this thread if you want to remain part of the Green and Gold Rugby Community.

Same warning to all readers.

What are the chances Hugh Jarse of splitting the scholarship thread into NSW and QLD threads? Anything put by us in the scholarship thread gets buried pretty quickly...

WebbEllis

Ward Prentice (10)
Correct, they stopped it at 33:23 from my memory.

Although I'm sure the players (and spectators for that matter) wanted to crack the 100 point margin.

I was listening into the referee audio and the time on the scoreboard wasn't the official time he was using.

He told the players that it the time on the scoreboard was wrong. Not too sure that this was the mercy rule.

Impartial Observer

Bob McCowan (2)
Fair enough - either way there are no winners from a result like that. The BGS boys actually competed well and it was just one of those days where class won the day with lots of length of the field try's from broken play and turnovers. BGS supporters - the few that there were - seemed pretty relaxed about the whole thing. But I guess they were still glowing in the aftermath of their main objective being the Chess premiership BGS won the night before.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Well done today Churchie. Master class.
BGS battled but a few quick tries at critical moments just rubbed them out. The two after the break from Churchie were brilliant, amongst others.
Tough to come back for the second half with any confidence down 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.