• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Yep, I just watched their youtube highlights of one of their games - huge indeed. I would imagine their average age would be higher than our Qld schoolboys because they definitely look like older as well. Oh well, good challenge for BBC, they've done exceptionally well to make the final and I would expect they would be going into the final game to win. So good luck boys!!

yes the S African boys finish school at 18.
many of this team are in the Sharks academy and 10,15 and 14 are in theSA national under 18 sevens squad.
if you thought Kaylan Ponga was fast watch the video of the 3 tries 14 scored in the semi-final against the English boys - which is a rugby academy for the Execter Chiefs in uk premiership- serious , serious jet shoes.
my man of tournament is 4 for SA closely followed by 9 for BBC who scored 2 brilliant tries in the semi.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Good luck to BBC - Well done thus far and hope you bring home the bacon.

i heard from a parent today that BBC played the final without 3 of their best players who were all injured( sound familiar). 8 Gunter (3rd year 1st xv)10(2nd year 1st xv and13who is also 2nd year 1st xv.
anyone know if injuries are serious.Surely not 2013 again.

Taipan168

Jim Clark (26)
ScreenHunter_012.jpg

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
Heard the whisper today that post-match functions for season 2015 will be conducted on the playing pitch soon after the completion of the respective game for each round. This means that end-of-game rituals, warm-downs, stretching and showering and then dressing in school uniform and then mixing in collegiality with the opposition in the traditional function room and thereby forging friendships that reach beyond school years, might be affected or obviated. Until these functions are actually experienced, the impact of the tradition between respective schools can be quite hidden. It would be a pity to see this go - maybe just so that some people can go home early.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
GPS Trials in two weeks. BBC should be the most organised team you would have to say.
Will be interesting to see who fills the holes especially for churchie.
Ippy, BGS and TGS don't give too much away either.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
@getwithme Only that that the changes are on track for week 1 of term 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Can I start talking up BBC yet.or did I just jinx the whole season for them?

Keep a lid on it.
Expulsion,injuries,conflicts,disease-whatever can go wrong will go wrong.
Remember in 2012-5 Qld players played a total of 2 matches between them !!!

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Now Mr Prop -you keep quiet.

1. prop80Frank Row (1)ikes Received:
    Without talking it up too much, I think BBC will be the team to beat with Nudgee and Churchie following close by. Nudgee and BBC have a lot of boys with second year experience. I hear Churchie have a lot of young players this year compared to their experienced VX last year. They still have x factor in Jayden S'ua who is now from whispers is now signed with Broncos with their 20s pack. Any news on the TSS stocks for 2015?

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Now Mr Prop -you keep quiet.

1. prop80Frank Row (1)ikes Received:
    Without talking it up too much, I think BBC will be the team to beat with Nudgee and Churchie following close by. Nudgee and BBC have a lot of boys with second year experience. I hear Churchie have a lot of young players this year compared to their experienced VX last year. They still have x factor in Jayden S'ua who is now from whispers is now signed with Broncos with their 20s pack. Any news on the TSS stocks for 2015?

prop80, Feb 9, 2015

TSS building nicely. Up to 8 or 9 players back from a very good First XV last year. Nudgee with 2 x 2 year First XV players back for year 3, one of them is possibly the best player in the competition.

BBC apparently survived Japan with only a few concussions and obviously have some serious combination building with the amount of high standard rugby they have already played. They also have a good coaching staff for a change.

And there will be a sleeper team as well. There always is. The one nobody expects to do well but that will cause a few upsets. Watch State High - don't know why - just a Wobble Hunch. The flat caps might embarrass a few this year, particularly out at "De-mountable" Stadium there at Carina. God awful place that.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
It will be a tightly contested season and I think the GPS trials will show which teams have been working hard. Let the games begin!

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Agreed, the Scotts team, apart from 1 or 2 dominant ball runners, did not look anywhere near as good as previous NZ schools from the past two Sanixs. I understand they were NZ champions last year but perhaps this is a weaker age group coming through, or they have a lot of injuries.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
Agreed, the Scotts team, apart from 1 or 2 dominant ball runners, did not look anywhere near as good as previous NZ schools from the past two Sanixs. I understand they were NZ champions last year but perhaps this is a weaker age group coming through, or they have a lot of injuries.

Gee you guys are hard markers.
Most people would be happy to beat any of the div 1 NZ Schools let alone the National champs who have half the team in the Hurricanes academy.
Time will tell if you are correct -although they put 48 points on UK to win 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.