• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
The poor form of BSHS First XV.. Anybody want to shed some light on this? Is it the coaching? Player development? Being co-ed? Haha.. But seriously, what's going on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Eagle

Stan Wickham (3)
The poor form of BSHS First XV.. Anybody want to shed some light on this? Is it the coaching? Player development? Being co-ed? Haha.. But seriously, what's going on here?

They can't be that bad they beat BBC today

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
How do you pick from that trial?
Every second half back to back team goes down after winning first game.
Terrace expansive game a standout against Ippy.
Throw away last years form guide. Year 11 boys serious contenders.
Players to watch, Wall, Lucas 14 15 Terrace, 11 2 1 6 Ippy, Sippel 8 1 SHS, 10 9 22 both locks Churchie, 3 8 6 12 BBC.
Forward battle dominates the day, except for terrace where size did not matter!

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
U13 agree with B&G

The U14 comp will be pretty open with some very good teams being assembled. My stab is
14's
BBC
IGS
BSHS
GT
TSS
NC
TGS
ACGS

BGS

NC were ordinary last year and if the rumors of 7 to 9 new players are corrected then maybe a threat and could move up the ladder. Although every NC parent I have spoken to has denied any new blood has been introduced.

Will be a battle royal for the wooden spoon between ACGS and Grammar and I have gone for BGS to get it just because ACGS beat them last Year.

15's NC by a country mile

16's
Will be a pretty good comp. will agree with B&G

As for the Firsts NC, BBC and TSS will battle it out.

i will be surprised if the under 14 comp is as close as people think. BBC were dominant last year beating the previously undefeated IGS by 30. i hear the mining/indigenous connection ( that sent them Gagai and Bowen etc)has sent them 2 new boys in under 14 . nephew says they may turn out to be the 2 best players in the team.i think one is Josh Bowens brother.sure other schools have new boys as well but bbc will be much stronger as well .they have 2 great coaches as well.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I take it you mean the As and where they will finish??

13A's very hard to call but if our Rugby recruitment is half as good as our Cricket in the age group I would say top 3 at least.

14A's I think will be big improvers this year and expect top 3 with BBC and IGS and closing the gap dramatically.

15A's would love to say second and the only real chance of upsetting NC, have apparently b(r)ought in one of the best League centres in the country. But they will be harpooned by GT's outreach programs and miss plenty of training and possibly a few games.

16A's this is our best age group and possibly the strongest team in the division. Have added a few new boys and all things being equal would take the title. However will lose at least 4 maybe 7 or 8 to the 1st's at times during the season, that will see them drop to 3rd or so maybe lower.

1st XV is a complete mystery could be last could be third depending on how many 16's they blood and just how good those 16's turn out to be.

I would say the overall talent is better than last year but the team is definitely lacking a TeRupe, Moroney type. Lucas, Quillian, Wall, Carrigan and Forsythe will need to have big seasons and not miss any games or it could get ugly.

as usual a fair and accurate summary by B&G
in 15 As is it NC or GT that have brought in the new centre? i thought NC exhausted their budget in that age group last year. in all seriousness ,2 of the 3 new boys already had agents.Parra Eels were very involved. i kid you not .

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
as usual a fair and accurate summary by B&G
in 15 As is it NC or GT that have brought in the new centre? i thought NC exhausted their budget in that age group last year. in all seriousness ,2 of the 3 new boys already had agents.Parra Eels were very involved. i kid you not .

It is GT, I have not had it confirmed but the guy who told me is usually in the know.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
i will be surprised if the under 14 comp is as close as people think. BBC were dominant last year beating the previously undefeated IGS by 30. i hear the mining/indigenous connection ( that sent them Gagai and Bowen etc)has sent them 2 new boys in under 14 . nephew says they may turn out to be the 2 best players in the team.i think one is Josh Bowens brother.sure other schools have new boys as well but bbc will be much stronger as well .they have 2 great coaches as well.

Genia, who are these "great" 14A BBC coaches you talk of?

From what I have heard at NC they are pretty confident of giving these guys are good run this year and have thrown some considerable Nudgee Bingo Money at the problem, so they'd wanna be good.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)

Too early to say any side is out of form - no one has had a proper trial except BBC, until the Rep Circus yesterday...

State High will rattle the odd cage this year don't worry...

Rugbyrugby

Frank Row (1)
Genia, who are these "great" 14A BBC coaches you talk of?

From what I have heard at NC they are pretty confident of giving these guys are good run this year and have thrown some considerable Nudgee Bingo Money at the problem, so they'd wanna be good.

All this chat about Nudgee going all out with new recruits across their program is nothing but speculation. Where are you getting this information from? Maybe you could be specific... which new scholarship rugby players have started there this year in which grades? I've heard about 1 in year 11- that's it... who else?

Nudgee will be better in their 14s, no doubt about it, but it won't have anything to do with Bingo money- rather hard work.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
All this chat about Nudgee going all out with new recruits across their program is nothing but speculation. Where are you getting this information from? Maybe you could be specific. which new scholarship rugby players have started there this year in which grades? I've heard about 1 in year 11- that's it. who else?

Nudgee will be better in their 14s, no doubt about it, but it won't have anything to do with Bingo money- rather hard work.

FYI NC said the same thing last year about their 14a team and 3 new boys turned up of who the 2 on RL contracts were the best 2 players in comp and a also won numerous medals in T&f. this was already on top of a undefeated premiership in 2013 by a country mile.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
All this chat about Nudgee going all out with new recruits across their program is nothing but speculation. Where are you getting this information from? Maybe you could be specific. which new scholarship rugby players have started there this year in which grades? I've heard about 1 in year 11- that's it. who else?

No names from me RR, but i have heard from a current NC coaching staff about a number of 14s coming in. Up to 6 I hear.

Not sure how "hard work" gets you a rugby scholarship, Nudgee has been handing them out since Mike Tyson was bad.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
i think the trick is to bring in the numbers early 13/14 and then add a couple of complimentary players in the later years. This is what GT seems to be trying to achieve, grab some talent at the key intake years and build from there- I truly doubt Baker will have the same free reigns at GT he enjoyed at BBC.

Keeping a strong core of boys who know each other and have experienced the highs and lows of Schoolboy rugby together is key.

Barker ripped the guts out of BBC Rugby - recruited a lot of talented athletes ( rugby league ) , but could not mould a united, talented rugby team. A strong united core is the key, and from what transpired on the field at Toowong over the last 3 years, that didnt happen. Hopefully GT are getting it right by bringing the boys in early, but they have to want to be there for the right reasons, and the boy fit the school - not the other way around. From what I understand about the headmaster, he may be the control that Barker didnt have at BBC

Rugbyrugby

Frank Row (1)
No names from me RR, but i have heard from a current NC coaching staff about a number of 14s coming in. Up to 6 I hear.

Not sure how "hard work" gets you a rugby scholarship, Nudgee has been handing them out since Mike Tyson was bad.

Yeah once again 'I've heard from a current NC coaching staff' - absolute rubbish. 'Up to 6 I hear..?'

The hard work I refer to is in the NC rugby training. There will be a lot of new boys in all the teams, but they aren't new to the school, just been brought through in the depth of the program. For example: everyone keeps referring to the new winger NC brought in to an already strong 14A age group last year.. he played 13B in Year 8, wasn't new, & wasn't on a scholarship.

A lot of misconceptions out there.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah once again 'I've heard from a current NC coaching staff' - absolute rubbish. 'Up to 6 I hear..?'

The hard work I refer to is in the NC rugby training. There will be a lot of new boys in all the teams, but they aren't new to the school, just been brought through in the depth of the program. For example: everyone keeps referring to the new winger NC brought in to an already strong 14A age group last year.. he played 13B in Year 8, wasn't new, & wasn't on a scholarship.

A lot of misconceptions out there.

Thanks for the clarity RR. Obviously Nudgee will do it like they always do. Talent, hard work and no lads coming in on rugby scholarships. Good to know.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Thanks for the clarity RR. Obviously Nudgee will do it like they always do. Talent, hard work and no lads coming in on rugby scholarships. Good to know.

I believe Rugbyrugby was giving an example to arrest some over speculation (or gross exaggeration??), something that is rife on these forums. Nudgee is no more guilty than most of the other schools re imports. However there seems to be sour grapes over results achieved.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
I believe Rugbyrugby was giving an example to arrest some over speculation (or gross exaggeration??), something that is rife on these forums. Nudgee is no more guilty than most of the other schools re imports. However there seems to be sour grapes over results achieved.

Correct
But there needs to be a bit of accuracy.
NC did win 13A by miles in 2013 and did bring in boys in 2014.
And yes the 2 RL boys that came in last year were superstars.
Correct- all schools are now in same boat -can the scholarship snipes go to the appropriate thread

Meanwhile..............everyone on north side getting very nervous about TSS.word is they were impressive on Saturday and building very very nicely.Big big team

Status
Not open for further replies.