• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I think another key to this years winner of GPS is the draw (everyone has not paid much attention to this!). So a few have said that TSS, NC, BBC and TGS are the favourites. Well the draw may be enough to swing the competition this year.

From historical experience TSS and TGS are not the best travellers, particularly TGS. They both have to travel distance 4 times each this season. So here are the draws:

TSS: BGS (H), BBC (A), GT (A), IGS (H), Bye, NC (H), ACGS (A), BSHS (H) & TGS (A)

NC: TGS (H), Bye, BGS (A), BBC (H), ACGS (H), TSS (A), BSHS (A), GT (H) & IGS (A)

BBC: IGS (H), TSS (H), TGS (A), NC (A), BSHS (H), ACGS (A), GT (A), BGS (H), & Bye

TGS: NC (A), BSHS (H), BBC (H), ACGS (A), BGS (H), GT (A), Bye, IGS (A) & TSS (H)

My gut feeling is that this year's winner will come from BBC, NC, TGS and TSS. However, there will be hard games (and respect needed) against Churchie and IGS. From the draw point of view I think that TGS and NC have the best draw, particularly NC with that bye in round 2. TSS and BBC have the worst draws, particularly BBC with TSS, TGA and NC in a row and the bye at the end of season. Given the draw NC is in the "sit" position.

However as we know it is the confidence and will to win that is more critical to win games and not so much reputation and "fear" of rivals. I think that we could see 5-6 teams within 4 points of each other this year and a much closer (and higher quality) then for some time.

As General Burkhalter says "Very Interesting!"

You did pretty well and I had to rep your post just based on the General Burkhalter shout out

You will achieve legendary status if you can get a Major Horschtedder quip into the mix

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
11709800_674701942629378_561990153648263684_o-1-jpg.6594
GSP said:
Good luck to former BBC Captain of Rugby-Dane Gagai when he plays for Qld in the State of Origin decider on Wednesday.
Another one gone to NRL

Great game last night Dane.
Why didn't you play like that for BBC :) .
Only kidding -I still remember that game against GTin 2008 when you scored all BBC points including 2 tries in a great win..

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
BBC have the worst draws, particularly BBC with TSS, TGA and NC in a row and the bye at the end of season. Given the draw NC is in the "sit" position.

That is Ugly
Nc -look good

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
People in the know saying the "injury " curse has hit BBC ist xv and 16 As again.
Halfbacks and centres dropping like flies-3 at least are serious and season ending.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
People in the know saying the "injury " curse has hit BBC ist xv and 16 As again.
Halfbacks and centres dropping like flies-3 at least are serious and season ending.
GSP, 10 minutes ago Report

Wow really! Nobody likes to see that. We just want everybody on the field and win a game fair n square. (See this workload is catching up with some of these young men!).

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT Line up V NC tomorrow - not sure what the unavailability or tactics are for teh weekend - but looks like a long season for the Red Blacks.

1 Oliver Macklin
2 Matthew Harlow
3 Joshua Nasser
4 Jonathan Clough
5 Pat Carrigan
6 William Beirne
7 Tom Kelly
8 Jack Lutvey
9 Lachie Kirk
10 Isaac Lucas
11 Matt Forsyth
12 Joe Pozzi
13 Ed Burns
14 Will Eddie
15 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
GT Line up V NC tomorrow - not sure what the unavailability or tactics are for teh weekend - but looks like a long season for the Red Blacks.

1 Oliver Macklin
2 Matthew Harlow
3 Joshua Nasser
4 Jonathan Clough
5 Pat Carrigan
6 William Beirne
7 Tom Kelly
8 Jack Lutvey
9 Lachie Kirk
10 Isaac Lucas
11 Matt Forsyth
12 Joe Pozzi
13 Ed Burns
14 Will Eddie
15 Quillan Pritchard-Malaki

Are centres new league boys?

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)

I heard the same thing.
Forward depth is low.I hear 4 season ending injuries between 1sts squad and 16A squad.
nephew says 2 moon boots ,1 plaster and 2 shoulders.

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
Looks like with injuries and in order to rest Nudgee will be without most of their preferred 1st XV.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Good to see the BBC cognescenti talking it down.as well as terrace

BBC has every reason to talk it down after a very complacent and lacklustre match vs BGS today.

I know they were a few rep players down and now also got a few more injuries including their captain 4 (Swain I think) to further cloud their opener next week.

BGS not skilful but manned up very well in defence in what can only be described as a slow match with very little flow.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
GT up 28-19 in the trial.

Can any wise man say who NC were missing?

Good day for GT (albeit a trial) with wins in 11s , 14s, and 1sts. I hear the GT 12s and 13s got up too.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
GT up 28-19 in the trial.

Can any wise man say who NC were missing?

Good day for GT (albeit a trial) with wins in 11s , 14s, and 1sts. I hear the GT 12s and 13s got up too.

GT won 11a 12a 13a 14a 16a (I believe) and 1sts - with the 12, 13 14 very convincing and they gave the mighty 15A's a real scare going down 13-7 in a very tough contest.

Plenty of boys missing across all grades at both schools but a very nice day for the Red and Black all the same

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
GT won 11a 12a 13a 14a 16a (I believe) and 1sts - with the 12, 13 14 very convincing and they gave the mighty 15A's a real scare going down 13-7 in a very tough contest.

Plenty of boys missing across all grades at both schools but a very nice day for the Red and Black all the same

that 12A team will win the premiership

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Terrace 15a's went down by 1 and the Terrace 16a's and 2nd's went down by 2-3. Nudgee seemed to be pulling injured people from the field left right and centre today in the firsts. Good thing they rested 4-5 of their best. Calvin Pritchard also not playing rugby this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.