• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So GO where are we at here, am I right in suggesting you consider BBC to be a considerably better team than GT in 13a's??

We both agree BSHS and IGS are miles ahead, my pick is BSHS to beat IGS in a close one (around 19-12).

I also think GT will run third with losses to the above mentioned and wins over the rest - BBC ACGS being their toughest opponents, they have already accounted for ACGS and will meet BBC without having to match up against BSHS and with BBC coming off back to back games against BSHS and ACGS.

Ambitious?? No - confident yes!!
On Drugs ?

You bet !

Jokes BAG .

Yes it will be a spirited encounter when the Green Machine play the Red and Black , and yes , it will likely decide 3rd place behind IGS and State High ( I can't see State High beating Ipswich )

Toowoomba Grammar are no slouches . They are a good team and I think they will give you a good game . I think they are better than TSS . Just . More consistent depth .

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
All the above is true, but lets not be too harsh on the BGS boys, they recruit less than any other school. Chances are more BGS old boys will be doing a lot better financially/career wise in five years than the Nudgee lads.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Sorry, I should have referenced the NC vs BGS 1st 15 game regarding my comment, just to clear up any confusion

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I still have a feeling that Nudgee, Churchie and TSS will all drop a game, probably against one another. BBC may beat Nudgee and/or Churchie and should beat GT and BSHS. Three way tie seems a very serious possibility (just like 1954 for BBC)

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Way to close to call an undefeated team so far, though if you put a gun to my head I would say Nudgee, but at this point......geez ACGS have a habit of having that one great game vs nudgee, nudgee to pip TSS and BBC as a wildcard that could beat or lose against anyone.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
And lets not forget TGS or IGS. They could both spring booby traps.
GT, BGS, and BSHS to only win against each other.

Tashara

Larry Dwyer (12)
From the Chimbou mountains of PNG-to the manicured grass of Toowong.The beauty of GPS rugby
R6A6497-620x930.jpg

"To name a star of the second half would be a disservice to the play of Papua New Guinean crowd favourite Chris Yanopa.Entering the season an unknown quality to all outside the classrooms of Toowong, Yanopa’s low centre of gravity and an unexpected turn of pace for a front-rower helped him toss aside defenders all through the second half.."

A couple of clips of Chris - he did a great job and got the green crowd on their feet.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
I still have a feeling that Nudgee, Churchie and TSS will all drop a game, probably against one another. BBC may beat Nudgee and/or Churchie and should beat GT and BSHS. Three way tie seems a very serious possibility (just like 1954 for BBC)

Wasn't it a 4 way tie? I seem to remember something about only 4-5 games being played that year

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
@Tashara, could you also post the Roaren tries?

His little spin move was spectacular - he made the defence look silly, crashing in to each other was the funniest thing I saw all round

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
TK, how well do you assess that P Mooney is shaping the BGS side - or, do I have this wrong, and he's 'director of BGS rugby' and not 'coach of the BGS 1st XV'?

(A mild aside: defence was never a Mooney strength during his Reds' period.)

So far as I know Mooney has limited exposure to the First XV. SamoanNo8 would be the one to ask, he's in the squad at the moment.

Gary Hay

Frank Row (1)
Hey guys love reading the threads everyone has to say, i have been following this forum for quite a while now... Any one have any tips for this weekends GPS round, will BBC beat Nudgee is this the game of the round?

Digby

Ward Prentice (10)
Hey guys love reading the threads everyone has to say, i have been following this forum for quite a while now. Any one have any tips for this weekends GPS round, will BBC beat Nudgee is this the game of the round?

Everyone waiting to see if BBC players , ikatu , simpson , hope , cotton , farrell are all still out.Expecting at least 3 to be back next week.
if Ikatu and simpson dont play then i cannot see bbc threatening.

Kepu

Herbert Moran (7)
Early predictions for R4 (08/08):
NC def BBC by 12
TSS def IGS by 30
BSHS def BGS by 12
ACGS def TGS by 4

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
This shows what i said earlier: when Ikatu does not play every attacking option revolves round Ngamanu and the good teams , like TSS did, will minimise it( after Ikatu got injured)

I have not seen the entire BBC TGS game on video but those highlight show attacking flair that was evident in thee last two games - I think they are a more dangerous team with Verevis at halfback - he was a big part of the IGS fightback.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
It would have been good to see all teams results across the schools this week but the foxaportspulse site is obviously having some issues - BSHS used to have the best site does anyone know if any of the schools are posting results on their websites????

Status
Not open for further replies.