• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
If any of these boys make the final squad (3 - 13 Sept) they will be out for the last 2 games (Rd 8 & Rd 9) of the GPS season. How would NC go not having Hewat and Mosely for 2 games?

Given their 'investment' in these boys, would they 'allow' them to participate??

Surely their 'agreements' would require the school team coming first.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I got it right last year (see below) and this year is just as easy .
The results will be:
1 NC (and undefeated);
2 "daylight";
3 TSS
4 BBC.

( Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' , Jul 30, 2014.
Page 23 of 150>44There is a difference between "talking" & "talking it up".
  1. I have consistently said that on paper I pick:
    1.Churchie;
    2.NC;
    3.BBC or TSS)​

Hard to disagree with such an expert.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Given their 'investment' in these boys, would they 'allow' them to participate??

Surely their 'agreements' would require the school team coming first.
Country or School? If the player is at the school on a rugby scholarship maybe there is some merit in saying that, but it would be harsh on the conscience of the coach to say no you may not represent your country at the Commonwealth Games.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
#kingsclusive

The following have made a squad of 24, which will be cut down to 12 with three shadow players named.

Reece Hewat NC
Liam McNamara BSHS
Liam Moseley NC
Jayden Ngamanu BBC
Clifton Setu SEC
Sam Edwards BBC
Dylan Riley TSS
Kris Verevis BBC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
It's not only the last 2 games of the GPS season those that end up being selected will miss; there are also clashes with the individual school rugby camps, trial matches, also with the schoolboy trials, the nationals, aus school rep stuff etc..... Busy year for boys with school work supposedly the priority...... and big decisions to be made if they are lucky enough to have options.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what determines whether the Churchie 1st XV wear white or black shorts when playing? Strange question, just noticed the inconsistency.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I hear BBCs squad of 30 (minus the Rowers) have been training for a while now for the Sanix tournament in May.
Up to 6 rowers will join the group this week.Interesting to see how fit the rowers are. As you would expect they (the rowers ) are all big boys.

The Guru

Fred Wood (13)
A lot of GPS boys scoring tries for NRL feeder clubs in Mal Meninga cup & Cyrell Connell cup on weekend.
Bet many will be told to stop playing by term 2.

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
It's not only the last 2 games of the GPS season those that end up being selected will miss; there are also clashes with the individual school rugby camps, trial matches, also with the schoolboy trials, the nationals, aus school rep stuff etc... Busy year for boys with school work supposedly the priority.. and big decisions to be made if they are lucky enough to have options.
Hewat has declined the 7's as a busy year is ahead of him I heard . To much interference with GPS comp and Nationals which I believe he is focusing on selection for the the OZ schoolboy side but still a great honour to be put into the 24 man squad

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Hewat has declined the 7's as a busy year is ahead of him I heard . To much interference with GPS comp and Nationals which I believe he is focusing on selection for the the OZ schoolboy side but still a great honour to be put into the 24 man squad
Lots on his plate that's for sure. Don't know how some of these guys manage their school work or a life outside sport. 24/7 stuff and they are still at school!

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but I had huge wraps on Liam McNamara coming off the pre-season. So disappointed that he was injured in regular season, his skill set will go very well in Sevens.

Better at least than Moseley, who's greatest skill was obviously that giant boot which I'm hoping wouldn't be used at all in Samoa.

Having watched Ngamanu train in the Nationals preseason I'm very impressed. "The next Kalyn Ponga" tag that somebody assigned him last year is looking very fair at this point. Hopefully he holds up for the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebreakdown

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm hoping the sevens boys will have some system in place to be eligible to play gps if required. That's why they are at these schools isn't it?, can anyone inform me bout the policies. Not really sure how it works??Do they have to choose 15s or 7s.? Bit sad to see boys dropping outta 7s to gain OZ schoolboys, I just hope they get selected!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spirax

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm hoping the sevens boys will have some system in place to be eligible to play gps if required. That's why they are at these schools isn't it?, can anyone inform me bout the policies. Not really sure how it works??Do they have to choose 15s or 7s.? Bit sad to see boys dropping outta 7s to gain OZ schoolboys, I just hope they get selected!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh to be that telented and have that many options in front of you!!

It would be a huge shame to drop out of the Australian 7's opportunity, then miss out on 15's Schoolboys though.... ah the gamble you take..... I wonder how many boys would be in serious contention for both, given the different skills, fitness requirements, body shape etc... Obviously Hewat fits both well.

Linespeed

Sydney Middleton (9)
Oh to be that telented and have that many options in front of you!!

It would be a huge shame to drop out of the Australian 7's opportunity, then miss out on 15's Schoolboys though.. ah the gamble you take... I wonder how many boys would be in serious contention for both, given the different skills, fitness requirements, body shape etc. Obviously Hewat fits both well.

Yes they have to make a choice - see the date clashes:

10-12 Apr: 7s Camp 1 Syd / Qld GPS Schools Tours/camps.
6-8 Jun: 7s Camp 2 Syd / Qld GPS Rep Teams Trial 2 Bne.
4-8 Jul: 7s Camp 3 Syd / National Schools Rugby Championship Final Syd.
3-5 Sept: Aus Camp Assembly Bne / Qld GPS Round 8.(ACGS Bye)
5-13 Sep: Commonwealth Youth Games Samoa / Qld GPS Round 9.(BBC Bye)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom