• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare

Allen Oxlade (6)
Realdeal

Fair enough I just hope for BBC's sake then they get BSHS late in the season.
I'd be very surprised if some of these boys ever in their football lives have been hit as hard as they will against BSHS. And no I'm not a parent from BSHS, just an observer who doesn't favour any school but calls it as I see it.

Butcher stripe

Bob McCowan (2)
Actually i still think bbc will be the best u13 team .i think ippy 14 are outstanding..the nc 14 (suppose to be the best team ever according to nc parents.) .well going to be an interesting season like last year many different schools winning a's.

I love that you are seeing the glass half full, however, I agree with Nightmare.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Really well i think bbc well get better as the season goes. bshs u13 cant be that good.not as good as the nc 14 team last year surely as the nc parent rave about.. but it gives the season for our young rugby players something to look forward too. GT parent rate the u13 there very highly and ippy were very hot as u12.

i like your enthusiasm young man but you played the GT B team in 2nd half. a very good judge told me the 13A s is between BSHS and Igs and then a long way to third place and i see you play IGS in first round.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
down in Sydney last week. very interesting that top schools in CAS and sometimes ISA comps beat the the top GPS schools.Knox and StAugustines beat Newington and Kings in trials.The CAS and ISa schools bring in top boys as well.
seems to be be a lot more depth .
is the QLD GPS comp getting too strong for its own good ?with GPS schools putting cricket scores on AIC schools .
IMO that is one reason why QLD schools has not won the national comp for a few years and why NSW 1 played NSW 2 in final last year.
WW and King - i am interested in your thoughts.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
down in Sydney last week. very interesting that top schools in CAS and sometimes ISA comps beat the the top GPS schools.Knox and StAugustines beat Newington and Kings in trials.The CAS and ISa schools bring in top boys as well.

Instead of making things up to service whatever strange argument you are trying to mount I suggest you check your facts. Kings did not play or get beaten by Knox or St Augustines this year. Someone from newington will no doubt set you straight about their trial games as well

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Saw a bit of BSHS U13 team on Saturday. Beat the combined Churchie teams by 67 nil. I think it was played in 3 x 20 Min. Very impressive. The U15 were playing on the next field and it was hard to tell who were the bigger. The BSHS 15 is fast and has good skills. I was told that this BSHS put a 100 on Nudge the week before. If I were to have a bet (after watching the BBC team the week before it would be hard to see any team beating the BSHS side in that age group. Have to keep in mind that these are trails and by the start of the season the teams could change quite a bit.
BSHS U14 have some big boys but skills are missing a bit. Again they played half their "A" in the "B" so again come the main comp could be a different side. Churchie 14 tried hard and don't lack any ticker but miss the big boppers to get over the advantage line.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
seems to be be a lot more depth .
is the QLD GPS comp getting too strong for its own good ?with GPS schools putting cricket scores on AIC schools .
IMO that is one reason why QLD schools has not won the national comp for a few years and why NSW 1 played NSW 2 in final last year.
WW and King - i am interested in your thoughts.

Not sure of the results you speak of Jedi GSP. However, I will agree from my limited knowledge that there are more stronger school firsts outside of the GPS comp in Sydney than here in SEQ. I will put it down to rugby playing population size - pure and simple.

There are also more boys turning 18 in NSW GPS Rep sides, which has in part given them the upper hand in recent times. That said we all know the trend is changing in the Brisbane GPS comp. Many of the lads playing this year have a mortgage and 3 kids.

Over and Out.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
Actually i still think bbc will be the best u13 team .i think ippy 14 are outstanding..the nc 14 (suppose to be the best team ever according to nc parents.) .well going to be an interesting season like last year many different schools winning a's.

RD, be careful, don't fall into the trap some over exuberant BBC tipsters fell into last year with the Firsts.
In my experience tipping 13As to win a comp when a serious game hasn't been played, has a very High Degree of Difficulty. My mail has BBC mid field at best.
But as always - I'm happy to be proven wrong, as I stand on the sidelines with a burnt sausage in home brand bread and a warm Fanta in my hand on a Saturday morning.

GSP

Fred Wood (13)
Instead of making things up to service whatever strange argument you are trying to mount I suggest you check your facts. Kings did not play or get beaten by Knox or St Augustines this year. Someone from newington will no doubt set you straight about their trial games as well

thanks for your nice friendly response. i have not seen your grubby features on this thread before .
My facts were out but my point is well made
Newington who won the gps comp in 2013 were beaten in the trials by st Augistines and St Stanislaus ( do they make german sausage for lunch ?)
your beloved Newington lost to Oakhill in trials

in Qld a GPS School put 60 on the AIC school coming 2nd
my point is obvious to anyone with half a brain: NSW seem to have 3 comps where top teams can beat each other. Qld has one .

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
thanks for your nice friendly response. i have not seen your grubby features on this thread before .
Newington who won the gps comp in 2013 were beaten in the trials by st Augistines and St Stanislaus ( do they make german sausage for lunch ?)

my point is obvious to anyone with half a brain: NSW seem to have 3 comps where top teams can beat each other. Qld has one .

No need to thank me for setting you straight. It was my pleasure.

I will cut you some slack on your emotional outburst as it's clear English is not the native language of the village from where you've escaped.

• Newington played Toowoomba Grammar (with no notable sausage making skills to speak of) and Riverview in their two pre-season trials.

• Kings played St Stanislaus and the Scots College. Both Kings and Newington won both of their respective trials.

Like I said; get your facts straight!.

So given that your "research" is as flaky as your dandruff condition it's clear that the only point you have is on the top of your head.

Love and regards Azzuri....XOXO:cool:

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)

GSP, I think you will find Oakhill rolled Joeys in a trial before the season started. Wasn't much in it. Joeys don't enjoy the dominance they once had down there though.

Azzuri is obviously a stickler for facts and has come out punchier than Josh Reynolds after a cold shower and having his ciggies flogged. But he has a point

As do you.

Point taken - Point taken.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm unsure as to the meaning of your post Lion

On one hand you are of the view that BBC weren't up to it but then refer to physicality and structures before questioning the capacity of their Coaches

I assume you are of the view that GT comfortably have their measure despite the inconsistencies in your post.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
@ Hound

I didn't get to see Churchie and State High on the weekend but ( in the 13's ) 67-0 seems like a shellacking

I assume the "A" Team was trotted out for the 3rd chukka again ? And likely after the damage had been done ?

I wouldn't have thought the State High forward pack would have had their way with your forward pack - admittedly not as big as the Boppa State High Pack. But not this means anything with boys who know how to play breakdown Rugby as a pack ( which Churchie and Terrace are the best at IMO at this age group level )

Do I assume correctly that State High went medieval on you through the backs ?

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
Re : Churchie vs State High 13's. State had the best of it but when Churchie sent out what will be close to the 'A" team it was a lot harder for High . It will take a few years for Churchie and others to match the physical size of the High boys but when they do the superior skill and tenacity that late developers develop will make up the leeway. I might be a Churchie man but I do appreciate the skill of the High boys.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Well im going to the bshs v churchie game to see the battle of the forwards because as your suggesting the churchie boys sre yhe best forward pack and the high have no improvement...interesting cant wait ...

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
@ Hound

I didn't get to see Churchie and State High on the weekend but ( in the 13's ) 67-0 seems like a shellacking

I assume the "A" Team was trotted out for the 3rd chukka again ? And likely after the damage had been done ?

I wouldn't have thought the State High forward pack would have had their way with your forward pack - admittedly not as big as the Boppa State High Pack. But not this means anything with boys who know how to play breakdown Rugby as a pack ( which Churchie and Terrace are the best at IMO at this age group level )

Do I assume correctly that State High went medieval on you through the backs ?[/quot

lol...i just heard that bshs didnt take any conversions...interesting score 67 nil ...is that possible and they played halves with bshs playing 6 likely B players most of the second ...lol... i hope that isnt true ...lol

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't know Real Deal . Hound was at the game and reported the score a few posts up on this page. Maybe you can query him.

In any event the "forward battle" at this age level seems a little irrelevant . Its' really about who has got the best of the backs and who can manage defensive schemes around this.

At the top level of competition ( at this age group ) a team can win with sub 50% possession - IF ....they can score in broken play and counter attack and whether the attacking weapons they have in their backline are better than the oppositions defensive organisation , and , their corresponding back weapons

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Terrace 14's is a good example of the above point . Great competitive forward pack led by City 7 last year ...but and a bit nude at the back and would seem to struggle against top level backline attack weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.