• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
This year showed more than ever that even the best u15 players in the comp still find it difficult to shine against, bigger, stronger and faster senior boys. It's as simple as that

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
This years firsts across all school baring Churchie. At schools like BBC, Ipswich there was a distinct lack of 16's simply showing that it's a step up. At grammar and terrace they had at least 7 or so and this showed in their lack of results

Michalak

Bob McCowan (2)
fraser mcreight (BGS) will be one of the better players in the comp next year. going into 3rd year of first XV and played combined states this year at the nationals comp. was the best player in a pretty poor BGS team this year.

E

englishcharger

Firstly your writing is all over the place to the point that its difficult to understand, you probably just need to calm down and before you press submit read through what you have written...

Ok, GT as pointed out have an immersion program that affects their 15s rugby program its been well documented and seems like everyone apart from yourself seem to know this, it affects the results in their 15s and in doing so lifts (inflates) the results of other schools, what B & G is saying is that in his opinion BSHS was one of the schools that benefitted from GTs immersion program and that their 5th placing or whatever it was really isn't a true indication of what the 15 cohort have to offer.

As for BGS truth be known, there entire squad could be returning and Michael Chieka could be the Director of rugby that won't be enough to make a difference they will be bottom half of the table, no offence to the players you mention above and the 2 X 15 year old boys you mention... I really don't understand your point are the names you mention supposed quality? sorry did they play GPS1, 2 or 3 or ?

refer back to 2012, when BGS won the GPS premiership where they only had 3 gps players.
Stephen Moore never player gps, John Eales, Scott Higinbotham, Kalyn Ponga - so dont try and use the if you don't make GPS teams excuse. As the Reds have made clear, that if you dont make GPS teams you are not a bad player

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
This year showed more than ever that even the best u15 players in the comp still find it difficult to shine against, bigger, stronger and faster senior boys. It's as simple as that

Agreed and by the same argument, I think it is reasonable to expect significant improvement from those those boys entering their true 17-18 that played at 16-17

It is likely IMO a player like Nasser at GT will go from (just) holding his own to a dominant player the following season. His improvement and comfort level was very noticeable throughout last season.

With the right additions from the 16s (which I think GT can provide, not so sure about BGS) to that returning nucleolus could see a dramatic improvement from bottom 4 to top 4.

I still believe each program should be blooding some 16's in the top team each year.

If you believe they can 'lead' a contender at 17-18 they need to be playing at 16-17.

Seems like an eternity to the season comes around again - cant wait.

BAG

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
along with a strong bshs side

Agreed on TSS - I seriously ask what are you basing this statement on - Not that I am saying you are wrong - but their 16s where terrible and the 1stXV (not sure how many are back) didn't impress me that much in the game I saw - in fact I though GT lost that game rather than BSHS winning it.

Apart from that stunning upset at NC their results were mediocre at best.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Agreed on TSS - I seriously ask what are you basing this statement on - Not that I am saying you are wrong - but their 16s where terrible and the 1stXV (not sure how many are back) didn't impress me that much in the game I saw - in fact I though GT lost that game rather than BSHS winning it.

approximately had 8 u16's by the time they played GT with 4 injuries to their best u16's. So about 12 coming back for the assault next year.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
approximately had 8 u16's by the time they played GT with 4 injuries to their best u16's. So about 12 coming back for the assault next year.

Do you have inside knowledge - do they rate themselves contenders??

Looking forward to the team news next year I'll put a watch on High.

BAG

LineBreak15

Bob McCowan (2)

how can you say that????
watch TSS 16A'S Highlights

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
This TSS video does not show the match against BBC where TSS 16 A were pumped 28-5.
BBC did well to finish 3rd after losing 4 players to 1sts and 3 to injury after this match.

PS-stay tuned for a big name coach to be appointed to BBC soon.

E

englishcharger

This TSS video does not show the match against BBC where TSS 16 A were pumped 28-5.
BBC did well to finish 3rd after losing 4 players to 1sts and 3 to injury after this match.

PS-stay tuned for a big name coach to be appointed to BBC soon.

clearly bias towards BBC as your name is "gungenia" and that your referring to BBC. Tss 16's are top notch

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
bias??
That is a unique slant on that word?
All I did was state an actual fact. I watched the game and TSS were pumped 28-5 AND yes they did not lose another match.
Maybe I am biased because I pointed out an actual fact-your Utube does not contain footage of that match.

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
With the Junior Gold Cup selections on at the moment - I was looking at the Qld u/15 side from last year which was dominated by GPS boys.

Which if any of these players should we expect to see playing in the Firsts next year?

Nudgee
3 Tom Forde
5 Mitchell Wood
7 Alex Colvin
8 Joseph Small ©
13 Xavier Soli
14 Ryan Shepherd
Churchie
?? Zac Charles
IGS
9 Wolfgang Wallace
TSS
4 Thomas Van Der Schyff
9 Jim Chapman
BGS
6 Ollie Shepherd
12 Thomas Gilbert
Terrace
10 James Hartland

Slim Jim

Frank Row (1)
I hear the same thing

(First post I know but I do not have any information)

Same guy that played at Nudgee and then went o/s to keep playing?

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Expect BGS to be a competitive side next year. You can expect names such as McReight, Baboolal, Arthur (injured 2015) and Masselos to step up in 2016. Talented crop of players coming through, especially with a front rower at the school for rugby purposes (confirmed). Other than a reliable halves pairing, BGS has many quality players vying for a spot (forward pack is basically decided - heavy as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.