• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Surely that can't be right regarding BBC? I know of only 1 boy who was in year 11 in the backline, so therefor you must be saying that 5 others must be repeating?

They will be a top 3 contender for sure, especially with the added size of the 10000ft bloke they brought in from Victoria.

The boy from Victoria is the godson of a BBC old boy whose son was in 2013 1sts.When the family relocated to Brisbane he was always coming to BBC ,despite the "considerable" offers from TSS/BGS.
As for backline-(from the last 2 matches)-9(who will play 10),12,13,14 are all back.
add in the 9 (who broke ankle in game 1) and Ikatu and Simpson (both Qld Reps) who were injured most of last season and you have a decent backline.
Only one repeat.All others were grade 11.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Having said that_ I would still say TSS are favourites.They have a lot back and will have the usual new monsters from Nth NSW.Also they had a good 16A in 2015

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Discount NC at your peril.
4 or 5 back plus a very good 16 A team AND we know we are up against it.
I agree TSS/BBC & GT are in the mix

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
There will no doubt be boys from 2015 15a's that will feature in 1st XV rugby in 2016

NC - Small, Soli, Wood, Colvin

BGS - Gilbert, Shepherd

Tce - Howard

BSHS - Petaia, Alo emile

Churchie - Charles

IGS - Wallace, Keepa, Koorts

Any idea on the IONA boys?

I am not sure Howard will get much of a run in the 1sts this year as there is a lot of competition for back row spots and I doubt he has the size to move up front.

I expect if anyone is inteh mix it will be back line players like Hartland and Honi- Stevens.

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
I am not sure Howard will get much of a run in the 1sts this year as there is a lot of competition for back row spots and I doubt he has the size to move up front.

I expect if anyone is inteh mix it will be back line players like Hartland and Honi- Stevens.

I believe the back line has plenty of depth with the yr 12 cohort in 2016 normally quite strong in this age group not sure where Hartland or Stevens might fit into that although I believe Stevens did not play much in 2015 due to injury
There might possibly be a gap at #9 with Wall moving on and possibly on a wing with Forsythe moving on

Howard always looked like a standout in his age group whenever I saw him play which was why he was my pick from Tce

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)
Surely that can't be right regarding BBC? I know of only 1 boy who was in year 11 in the backline, so therefor you must be saying that 5 others must be repeating?

They will be a top 3 contender for sure, especially with the added size of the 10000ft bloke they brought in from Victoria.

The boy from Victoria is the godson of a BBC old boy whose son was in 2013 1sts.When the family relocated to Brisbane he was always coming to BBC ,despite the "considerable" offers from TSS/BGS.
As for backline-(from the last 2 matches)-9(who will play 10),12,13,14 are all back.
add in the 9 (who broke ankle in game 1) and Ikatu and Simpson (both Qld Reps) who were injured most of last season and you have a decent backline.
Only one repeat.All others were grade 11.

I must say you never let the truth or reliable stats get in the way of a good story! 4 returning year 12 boys, you name two in your post. Iona will tell you, no one is leaving to go to ACGS. Where you come up with this stuff ??????!

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
I believe the back line has plenty of depth with the yr 12 cohort in 2016 normally quite strong in this age group not sure where Hartland or Stevens might fit into that although I believe Stevens did not play much in 2015 due to injury
There might possibly be a gap at #9 with Wall moving on and possibly on a wing with Forsythe moving on

Howard always looked like a standout in his age group whenever I saw him play which was why he was my pick from Tce

Yea there is a lot of options at GT this year, but I must say the centers were an obvious weakness in the 1st last last year and both starters have moved on.

The 16A's were pretty weak in the mid field as well with the new 'import' very disappointing (especially in defense) and was moved to the back row late in the season.

In my mind the most open spots in the GT 1sts are 12/13 and 4/5 although I am sure they would love some more size in 1 as well.

I think Hartland will almost certainly be in there somewhere.

The back row is pretty much back from last year although a more attacking option at 8 could see Lutvey move to 6, but I think White would be in front of Howard on that front and Wilson will likely end up in the 4 or 5.

It is a pretty hard team to get a feel right now.

BAG

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I must say you never let the truth or reliable stats get in the way of a good story! 4 returning year 12 boys, you name two in your post. Iona will tell you, no one is leaving to go to ACGS. Where you come up with this stuff ??????!

9 Henry ,12 Green & 13 Carswell were all grade 11. So I don't know what you are on about.
If you read my post I asked if the Iona rumour was true ;NOT that it was true."Where do I get this stuff" from?(the Iona rumour) Have a look at the AIC link on this website.
ACGS 13 in2015 was at Iona in 2014 chump-and scored winning tries against TSS and BBC.

William Wallace

Herbert Moran (7)

9 Henry ,12 Green & 13 Carswell were all grade 11. So I don't know what you are on about.
If you read my post I asked if the Iona rumour was true ;NOT that it was true."Where do I get this stuff" from?(the Iona rumour) Have a look at the AIC link on this website.
ACGS 13 in2015 was at Iona in 2014 chump-and scored winning tries against TSS and BBC.
Nah, Carswell second year year 12, Green out for over last 3/4 of season with shoulder injury. Henry, yes year 11 in 2015.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
There will no doubt be boys from 2015 15a's that will feature in 1st XV rugby in 2016

BGS - Gilbert, Shepherd

Tce - Howard

BSHS - Petaia, Alo emile

Churchie - Charles

I expect to see Van Der Schyff for TSS get a run as well, he's got the size and attitude to match.
Not to sure about Charles, he's a good player but has been prone to injury and unless he's grown a couple of inches over the break, lacks a bit of size.

Hilltop View

Peter Burge (5)

BGS - Gilbert, Shepherd

Tce - Howard

BSHS - Petaia, Alo emile

Churchie - Charles

I would add Tautau for NC and not sure on who will play 10 for IGS but Miller has good skills and could step up.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)

BGS - Gilbert, Shepherd

Tce - Howard

BSHS - Petaia, Alo emile

Churchie - Charles

BBC - Buckley and Deck are probably the two most likely guys going into Year 11 to look out for . I would t expect many others from last year's 15's team will be in the mix . Both boys didn't play last year with either other sporting commitment or injury

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Kibble might be a shot
Good call WIllie-John and my mistake in the initial post

The 7 spot will be a bit of a lottery and this young guy will be well in the mix

Buckley is also a back rower ....and probably a bit more versatile overall .

It's not impossible , however , it's unlikely the back row will feature 2x Year 11 starters

In fact the back row probably has the most question marks surrounding this season's Firsts

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)

BGS - Gilbert, Shepherd

Tce - Howard

BSHS - Petaia, Alo emile

Churchie - Charles

Think your doing a disservice to the Nudgee 16a players who were very strong last year!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
So do BBC have 4 year 12evers coming back this year Gungenia? Because Henry was the only year 11 and you say 5 are returning from the backline.

Dash Pure Rugby

Frank Row (1)
Think your doing a disservice to the Nudgee 16a players who were very strong last year!

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Think what you guys need to look at if you are wondering how many of last years 15a's will step up to 1st 15 is they must have equivalent body size and 0-40m splits to those of the older boys. With out these basics they will be found out of their depth. Look for boys who made last years U15 Reds and those who excelled in Met East, West and North at U15 School Staes. Probably your best guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.