• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth

Frank Row (1)
Agreed, a big loss for Nudgee. He was a very strong contender for a spot in Nudgee Firsts this year, with injuries and form in the older age group clearing the path. Over the years I thought he was at the top end of half backs in his age group.

Beth

Frank Row (1)
Interesting to say the least. I believe he represented QLD U17 this year as well. There just has to be more to this story than meets the eye.

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
Maybe it's not a rugby reason, maybe he is not the best 9 there, and he or his parents think he is, maybe it's nothing more than the usual pre season selecting headaches that all schools go through .. Maybe.. Maybe..Btw whilst the junior gold program is an emerging concept it may not indicate the top talent in Qld..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Maybe it's not a rugby reason, maybe he is not the best 9 there, and he or his parents think he is, maybe it's nothing more than the usual pre season selecting headaches that all schools go through .. Maybe.. Maybe..Btw whilst the junior gold program is an emerging concept it may not indicate the top talent in Qld..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Qld U17 JGC team was definitely NOT the best talent in QLD so many talented boys unavailable including #9s, dare to say those in the know could probably select a stronger U17 team from boys that were not available for Junior Gold program - probabaly two teams.
However you can only select whats in front of you and good on those boys for getting themselves in future selection frame.

Slimjim1966

Frank Nicholson (4)
BGS , lot of penalties and a lack of attack but they hit hard and were good in defence , maybe not the "easy beats" of years gon by???

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
I agree . They looked big and fast
TSS and BBC were disappointing .

i agree that BSHS and TGS looked the best yesterday.
seems like TSS and BBC had a lot of "stars" ( read rep players ) on sidelines.
if BSHS have a good run with injuries they could go well this year - because come round 4 you will need depth , or luck .

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I heard from one of the players that TGS "did horrible" and lost both their games?

I'm glad people are paying State High and TGS the respect they deserve, though.

I've been naming them Premiership smokies since last year

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
i agree that BSHS and TGS looked the best yesterday.
seems like TSS and BBC had a lot of "stars" ( read rep players ) on sidelines.
if BSHS have a good run with injuries they could go well this year - because come round 4 you will need depth , or luck .
If I hear BBC and rep players one more time.....
Let's see how that transpires !!

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
If I hear BBC and rep players one more time...
Let's see how that transpires !!

ok try again
from what i saw BBC and in particular TSS had a lot of players( like 5 or 6) who you think would be 1st choice selections on the side line.
happy now mr proper job dipstick.?
having said that BSHS looked well oiled machine

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
ok try again
from what i saw BBC and in particular TSS had a lot of players( like 5 or 6) who you think would be 1st choice selections on the side line.
happy now mr proper job dipstick.?
having said that BSHS looked well oiled machine
It's come to name calling now :) bit harsh seeing I was pointing out no rep players have been selected in 2016 yet! But hey I have broad shoulders and TSS especially save their first choice team for the season! Also maybe some BBC players are so used to being called 'rep players' that's why they've had a attitude problem in the past! Anyway good luck to them this season!

I

Ippy 15As

Unfortunately, I had a wedding yesterday and missed the games, would anyone be willing to give me a brief overview of all the teams? thanks.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
To all the GPS Schools who deliberately repeat boys for an extra year of rugby, well done. Whilst you walk around chests out patting yourselves on the back you may want to look back for when the exact moment was that you lost sight of the true values associated with rugby. Commonly known as ' The Spirit of the Game'.
You may well try to justify this as getting maximum return on investment. Your only investment here is the individuals education, the rugby is a bonus. Stop teaching these young men that it's ok to lower your moral standards to win a game. Don't go giving them a false sense of status as they run around as ' King of the Kids'. I suppose all I'm really trying to say is let these young men grow up in the real world and be subject to natural selection like the majority around them. Leave your ego at the door, have a good look at yourself and grow up.
At 16 or 17 they would really benefit playing against the NSW 18 year olds in the national comp. About time Qld woke up and made school leavers all finish at 18 yrs old. That way they will be aligned with the other states.

LineBreak15

Bob McCowan (2)
TSS scrum was great! 1.Day 2.Meyer 3.Siggs.
I feel that since this was Southports 2 game together they will
Improve a lot in the next coming weeks to come.

Willie-John McBride

Herbert Moran (7)
Unfortunately, I had a wedding yesterday and missed the games, would anyone be willing to give me a brief overview of all the teams? thanks.
The Nudgee, TSS, and BGS pool looked to be quite even BGS will not be the easy beats of the past, Nudgee had a few 16a boys playing but again look strong even if not quite having all their guns firing yet, TSS with players missing for what ever reason have a monster pack and deserve to be called premiership favourites ... its early days I know

The GT, ACGS, TGS pool was one sided with an impressive GT team winning both games by a long way #10 and # 14 standouts in the backs and a workmanlike skillful forward pack.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Some photos from yesterday here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100900132@N02/albums/72157668391089381

I tried to get a few photos of each team, was was not able to as I arrived late, so missed some teams completely.

26557706113_3112516f0d_c_d.jpg

properjob

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Nudgee, TSS, and BGS pool looked to be quite even BGS will not be the easy beats of the past, Nudgee had a few 16a boys playing but again look strong even if not quite having all their guns firing yet, TSS with players missing for what ever reason have a monster pack and deserve to be called premiership favourites . its early days I know

The GT, ACGS, TGS pool was one sided with an impressive GT team winning both games by a long way #10 and # 14 standouts in the backs and a workmanlike skillful forward pack.
TSS looked strong but their concern was converting the lions heart of possession into points! Win ball against them and it may be interesting!
Fair play to BGS they have stepped up their game!

Status
Not open for further replies.