• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
TB usually throws in a uniform as well (especially to boys from other GPS Schools).
Edmund Rice would have a fit.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
To say that Tom Gilbert is an established star is a bit of a stretch. For him to be effective this season he's gotta cool himself off before he gets on the pitch so he doesn't give the opposition a man advantage

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
King - what was the selection criteria for this side? I thought it was an u17 Schoolboys side yet Sam Wallis has been finished for 12 months & played a year of Premier Colts?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I can only guess it's U18s, as that's when the majority of the rest of the world finish school.

Wallis must just scrape in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stripes

Chris McKivat (8)
Regarding the National youth sevens championship in Perth recently, does anyone know why QLD put an U17 side in an U18 competition?

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Regarding the National youth sevens championship in Perth recently, does anyone know why QLD put an U17 side in an U18 competition?
I think cause it was an U17 comp.
The Aus side was pretty much picked from last years tournament. Boys are then invited to camps. I think there's a cut after each camp. You will probably find this years group will pop up in the Aus side for next year.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
You will probably find this years group will pop up in the Aus side for next year.

Correct from the Perth Nationals they select an Australian Youth team to go to the Junior Commonwealth Games in West Indies in July(?) 2017

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Aren't Australia only allowed to send one Sevens team, and they exclusively choose the girls?

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Commonwealth Youth games were only played in 2011 in Isle of Man, Apia in 2015 and Nassau in 2017.

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Gregory Terrace flyhalf Isaac Lucas (2016) and Churchie flanker Sam Wallis (2015) have combined to snatch a last gasp victory at the inaugural World Schools 7s in New Zealand.

Watch the length of the field try here:

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spo...chools-7s-final-sensational-clutch-play-death

Australia's authentic national 7's U/18's mens schools(and not turning 19 til after Jan 2017, . . .only just beat a talented Auckland Samoan team put together in just a few days due to Samoa and rest of the pacific island schools not affording to send a national team.
I am definitely NOT taking anything away from our Ozzie boys, I was just putting it in perspective. cheerio and merry christmas everyone

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Just throwing this out there on a Friday afternoon.

1st XV ladder predictions for 2017

1st - Terrace
2nd - Nudgee
3rd - TSS
4th- BBC
5th - BSHS
6th- TGS
7th -BGS
8th-IGS
9th - ACGS

Status
Not open for further replies.