• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

OU812

Stan Wickham (3)
2017 1st XV Prediction
1. NC
2. GT
3. TSS
4. IGS
5. BSHS
6. TGS
7. BBC
8. ACGS
9. BGS

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
TSS and Nudgee ---then daylight because:
1) they both have between 6 to 8 back plus 2 to 3 new boys;
2) TSS number 13 has two more very good boys from NZ joining him;
3) The new boys at NC appear to be league boys;
4) TSS and NC had the best 16A teams last year;
5) having won the 2nds for last 5 years in a row - if TSS do not win 1st xv this year - heads will roll . Depth has never been a problem;
6) GT had 3 superstars last year and now have only 1 plus an average 16A team;
7) BSHS will lack depth but we said that last year and they used only 18 players all year( their 2nd xv was very poor as was GTs)
8)BBC have no new players in grade 11 ( a new rule up there I understand )and only 5 back plus an average 16A team last year. Will be very strong in 2018;
9)Not much news on the rest
Much will depend on how the new RL boys at NC adjust but 6 last year shows what can happen if they adjust quickly. Jeffries not repeating is a big blow.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
16A

TSS
Nudgee
BBC

15A

IGS
Daylight

Agree with the above except that Half the 16a team at BBC will be in the 1stxv . That team has lost only 2 games in 4 years . I hear expectations at BBC are not high this year and the focus is on 2018 -

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
5) having won the 2nds for last 5 years in a row - if TSS do not win 1st xv this year - heads will roll . Depth has never been a problem;
7) BSHS will lack depth but we said that last year and they used only 18 players all year( their 2nd xv was very poor as was GTs)
8)BBC have no new players in grade 11 ( a new rule up there I understand )and only 5 back plus an average 16A team last year. Will be very strong in 2018;
Much will depend on how the new RL boys at NC adjust but 6 last year shows what can happen if they adjust quickly. Jeffries not repeating is a big blow.

You are forgetting that GT will have another star ( maybe not a superstar like Wilson) in the centre that transferred from BBC ( on a very very good " fee arrangement")

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
You are forgetting that GT will have another star ( maybe not a superstar like Wilson) in the centre that transferred from BBC ( on a very very good " fee arrangement")

Star - Does he make the team this year - I am not so sure!

What did we let him come to school for free twice!!!

SOLE334

Jimmy Flynn (14)
This may be better suited to a GPS 2017 thread when it starts, but below is what I think might be the yr11 16 or 17 yr olds that played firsts this year and would assume will push for selection next year. Did I miss anyone?

GT

Harry Wilson
Hoani Ford-Stevens
Johnson Oyelodi
Byron Ralston

TGS

Harry Leerentveld

IGS

Eugene Koorts
Joseph Faulolo
Cooper Whiteside

BGS

Emile Tuimavave
Ollie Shepherd
Nick Whip
Thomas Gilbert

NC

Ethan Bullemor
Harrison Cannon
Joe Small
Pheonix Hunt
Tom Blackmore
Ryan Shepherd

ACGS

Tom Hughes
Fin Hume

BBC

Trevor Hoesa

TSS

Thomas Van Der Schyff
Campbell Parata
Dan Burns
Noah Lolesio
Tautau Kapea
Koen Dovey
Max Dowd

BSHS

Nesta Mahina
Moses Alo-Emile
Isaac Crone
Jared Chambers
Jordan Petaia

Its January, and the punters are out to again determine the potential of the field for 2017 GPS Qld school boys 1st XV rugby championships.
The unknown factors of :
  • confirming who actually will return from the above list.
  • what shape are they in (physical growth of size, speed and power)?
  • key combinations in key positions (eg;halves, front row, back three).
  • x-factor players that can turn a game on their Individual brilliance
  • who can step up from the 16's and 15's from 2016 to this level?
  • coaches and suitable game plan to best(most effective) achive highest outcome from their squad.
Looking at Hills list, there are brilliant players all across, BUT I will take a punt early and say :
  1. BSHS's front row of Nesta, Moses and Clinton appear a formidable strength to their scrum.
  2. Tautau and Campbell will form a strong backline for TSS;
  3. whomever will partner Hosea as the locking pair for BBC with their gun # 8 will be another strong combination . . .
  4. Nudgee will always be a top 3 finisher regardless of who they bring in. .depth has never been a problem for the blue and white army .
Early days . . .

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)

Probably agree with all you say.
High hopes out Our way after a " transition " year in 2016. Your right - I thought Jeffries was repeating.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is it April 1st.
No front row, too many League players.

IGS or TCE are my picks.

under 15
I agree BBC need some forwards- but gee that backline ripped apart NC and GT and they have the new boy from Rockie
As for IGS- if the last 5 years are anything to go by - they will be huge and sensational in under 13, good in under 14 ,reasonable in under 15 - poor in under 16.
Gee they seem to lose a lot of boys after grade 9.

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
Its January, and the punters are out to again determine the potential of the field for 2017 GPS Qld school boys 1st XV rugby championships.
The unknown factors of :
  • coaches and suitable game plan to best(most effective) achive highest outcome from their squad.
Looking at Hills list, there are brilliant players all across, BUT I will take a punt early and say :
  1. BSHS's front row of Nesta, Moses and Clinton appear a formidable strength to their scrum.
  3. whomever will partner Hosea as the locking pair for BBC with their gun # 8 will be another strong combination .
  4. Nudgee will always be a top 3 finisher regardless of who they bring in. .depth has never been a problem for the blue and white army .
Early days .

Congrats - a good summary .

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
The unknown factors of :
  3. whomever will partner Hosea as the locking pair for BBC with their gun # 8 will be another strong combination .
Early days .
Interesting summary .
BBC will have same 1,3,4,5 and 8 as last year but the backline - that is anyones guess.
They had better figure out why since 2013 they have had a massive( abnormal )injury toll.
Last year was ridiculous- 8 players( 2 Aussie schoolboys plus 2 Qld reps) out for last 3 matches-something needs to change.Should ask BSHS and GT what their secret is.

Status
Not open for further replies.