• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
Based on the 2016 RESULTS:
  1. BSHS
  2. IGS
  3. BBC
  4. GT
  5. TGS
  6. NC
  7. TSS
  8. BGS
I dont think much will change with the results this year either. A few changes(imports) does not always translate into instant winning.

The old saying is "A champion team will always beat a team of champions"
The real outcomes will happen when you combine U/16's and yr 12 boys to select your 1st XV.

Sorry what age group are we talking about. TSS, NC so low? surely not.

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)

I think you will find TSS to rise in this age group. They always do with a few more players coming in. Im not sure if BGS will be able to lift off the bottom but they usually pick up their game in 15's as they naturally catch up in size and skill so hopefully it will be a closer competition this year.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I think you will find TSS to rise in this age group. They always do with a few more players coming in. Im not sure if BGS will be able to lift off the bottom but they usually pick up their game in 15's as they naturally catch up in size and skill so hopefully it will be a closer competition this year.

Unless Country Jack can correct me I believe TSS still haven't done much in the 15 age group this year . Nothing much to choose from on the Coast that would make them rise and the best of the League boys may not see the point . Still , the best on the Coast - maybe the age group - has a Dad who is an ex State High old boy so you never know .

But they will need a lot more than 2 or 3 Uber Leaguies to rise from the bottom in this age group. I hear though that the focus is on the 16's and 14's below and whatever they can get in last minute types in the 15's ( in they hit 16's and Opens ) they'll take

Brisbane Grammar should definitely move up a few notches. They might have one of the more unheralded tight 5's running around that will ensure they are very solid in the set pieces. And off the back of that they have got a very smart , fundamental , halves pairing where their 10 has very good field vision and an quality strategic kicking game . They'll be in a lot of games but need some power to bend lines and pace to finish to get better again

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
My observations with the u15 age group in Qld GPS especially since Rugby went to Term 3 is that the disruptions caused by some schools' Yr10 Immersion programs and the u15 State Schools Champs is that the overall results and Final ladder is not a true reflection of where school teams are actually at.

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)
Unless Country Jack can correct me I believe TSS still haven't done much in the 15 age group this year . Nothing much to choose from on the Coast that would make them rise and the best of the League boys may not see the point . Still , the best on the Coast - maybe the age group - has a Dad who is an ex State High old boy so you never know .

But they will need a lot more than 2 or 3 Uber Leaguies to rise from the bottom in this age group. I hear though that the focus is on the 16's and 14's below and whatever they can get in last minute types in the 15's ( in they hit 16's and Opens ) they'll take

Brisbane Grammar should definitely move up a few notches. They might have one of the more unheralded tight 5's running around that will ensure they are very solid in the set pieces. And off the back of that they have got a very smart , fundamental , halves pairing where their 10 has very good field vision and an quality strategic kicking game . They'll be in a lot of games but need some power to bend lines and pace to finish to get better again

G.O. , How do you see the final result this year for that age group?

Realist

Chris McKivat (8)
I like GT a lot and they are my favourites for the title. I think TSS will be the big improvers along with NC. I don't think BSHS will figure in the top 4. BBC / GT /IGS for the the title, and TGS to cause some upset. I note you left Churchie out, doesn't change things in any case. Realist- has there been any fresh imports in the TGS under 15's or is it all under 16's?

I think there is 1 possibly 2 but not 100% certain will try and confirm.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Unless Country Jack can correct me I believe TSS still haven't done much in the 15 age group this year . Nothing much to choose from on the Coast that would make them rise and the best of the League boys may not see the point . Still , the best on the Coast - maybe the age group - has a Dad who is an ex State High old boy so you never know
But they will need a lot more than 2 or 3 Uber Leaguies to rise from the bottom in this age group. I hear though that the focus is on the 16's and 14's below and whatever they can get in last minute types in the 15's ( in they hit 16's and Opens ) they'll ta

TSS under 15/16 is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you will get/ who you will find -until round1.
But it is fair to say we will not have as many new boys as last year(where we had 6 or 7) and the new boys are not as good as last year.So lets talk about the 2nds were TSS should win for 5th? year in a row.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
GPS Trials scheduled for this Saturday at TSS. In past years first trial held with three groups of three teams. And then those three teams playing a round robin of halves against each other.

Can't find any schedule of which teams in each group and times on GPS website at this point.

From that round they usually shortlist around six teams for second round in two weeks before final selection.

MrFootyLegend123

Stan Wickham (3)
GPS Trials scheduled for this Saturday at TSS. In past years first trial held with three groups of three teams. And then those three teams playing a round robin of halves against each other.

Can't find any schedule of which teams in each group and times on GPS website at this point.

From that round they usually shortlist around six teams for second round in two weeks before final selection.

Do these results mean much - did the results last year reflect the in season results later on?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Do these results mean much - did the results last year reflect the in season results later on?

It depends. Some schools in the past have left their most talented players on the sideline. Other schools are still trialling players and positions. So from memory, if there is only a try or two in it, then either team is still a chance during the season proper. But if a team receives a belting, I think they will find that it will be a long fruitless season ahead.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So in a continuation of my Nudgee U15 belief.....

Top 3 Finish this year - definite overtake of GT and will take out 1 or maybe even 2 of the last 2 year's Top 3

The Nudge are a comin .....( as they always do )

They really took off in the 15's last year , and from that cracker of a season that team had , they've added even more to this year's 16's . Keep an eye out for Cayle Manu this season in the Blue and White

BraveandGame

Bob Loudon (25)
What is this muscle at GT you speak of ?

I hope it's not all pinned on the 2 x High transfers to what is still pretty much the same team

Anyone else ?

But but but, from what I read here GT has broken the record for the most new recruits in a single year ;-) (Never mind the fact at least 3 schools have more recruits in single age groups than GT has in the whole school)

So by my GAG count GT should win every age group comfortably, surely a man as connected as you knows that. LOL

BAG

Status
Not open for further replies.