• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Don't get me wrong Sage, never said it was a good thing just a regular one.

Does NC get 2 shots at goal each time again or was that a one off??

At any rate I don't think GT are due to beat NC again until about 2027!!
BraveandGame, Today at 2:09 PM Report
Yeah I know, an interesting policy/slant or thought.

I don't know about the 2 shot goal situation; haven't seen that since the u6's in 1968!!
(ref pulled that one out of his clacker). Have this years GT boys been told not to yell when
charging down a kick yet?

Don't be so hard on yourself, I can almost guarantee GT will beat NC before 2027; It will
be interesting to see if that win, whenever it may happen in the next 10 years, could be as
bizarre as NC last year!

vac

Larry Dwyer (12)
Maybe they opened up a Moroccan marketplace at NC.
“Sure there have been injuries and deaths in rugby – but none of them serious.” – Doc Mayhew
Jets, Today at 8:53 AM Report

I don't think you will find anything as salubrious or exotic as a Moroccan marketplace or food (particularly food) at NC.
That's why they play so hard, because if they win, their parents may take then out to eat real food, maybe even Moroccan!

Blue & white

Billy Sheehan (19)
All t.he forwards (that went 6 w and more tries against all opponents) might have gone from BBC but my son was at Qld track titles 2 weeks ago and reckons there are 4 BBC boys running under 10.8 and 3 of them are rugby planyers as well.
Give them the ball I say

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 8.00.23 am.png

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Actually what is interesting is the trend in numbers over the last say 5 years , where , between 30% to 40 % of the uptake in Schoolboys and U20's are Brisbane GPS Schools.

A greater range of Brisbane GPS Schools are recruiting out of Country Areas ( and specifically in NSW ) and in other States ( WA )

Sydney GPS and CAS Schools have a much thinner recruitment policy with a seeming attitude of "if they are lining up around the block to pay full freight why discount for faux glory / bragging rights"

Therefore , whether we like it or not , want to admit it or not , Brisbane GPS Rugby has become an even bloody bigger Combine Harvester that operates on different dynamics ( social and economic , and in the combination of the two ) than what School Associations operate under in NSW , ACT , Victoria and WA

And that Combine Harvester has gotten exponentially bigger in the last 5 to 6 years

The problem - again , whether it wants to be acknowledged or not , is that the Schools are consolidating the talent where the reach of the game's administrative bodies is challenged ( principally because of financing / available resources ) ......yet , in order to attract Government grant money , the game's administrators are focused more than ever on diversity

Conceptually, this is wonderful .

Practically ( and literally ) there are only a few needles in a zillion haystacks

You just don't want to see a situation where you have the tail wagging the dog in the pathways where we overfeed the "diversity for funding beast" - at the expense of true talent and merit , just because , of an ill thought out position of how Rugby in the Private School Associations is bad for the game and is responsible for its decline.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The AIC bloke was Lawson Creighton from Padua, now at Brothers.

I agree - the GPS is developing players from a far broader base than ever before and I think that's great for rugby

Reactions: vac

my5cents

Frank Row (1)
Nah, somehow Fraser McReight flew under the age limit radar a couple of years ago and played for BGS First XV as a 15 yr old. It sounded alarm bells within the Rugby bureaucracy as a safety issue and now there is no way any 15 year old will be playing against 18 year olds in Rugby. No matter how good they are.

Emile Tuimavave was starting prop and only 15yrs with his debut in the 1st XV along side Fraser. The rules are open to others if you can pass the physical tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pabl0 Chac0n

Bob McCowan (2)
Emile Tuimavave was starting prop and only 15yrs with his debut in the 1st XV along side Fraser. The rules are open to others if you can pass the physical tests.

I’m finding the Props role needs to be more than a bookend of the scrum, fitness, running, support, ball handling, defence, attack only one prop can cover all those bases and he covers them well Big Zane

Sunny

Ted Fahey (11)
I’m finding the Props role needs to be more than a bookend of the scrum, fitness, running, support, ball handling, defence, attack only one prop can cover all those bases and he covers them well Big Zane

You need to get out more and open more than one eye..