• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2018

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Few schools holding internal trials as well getting warmed up for the first of the GPS selection trials at TSS on the 19th of May.
All schools at TSS as in previous years, with the second trial on the 2nd June being split between club venues.

Only 2 GPS teams being selected this year, will make for some interesting selection room discussions, particularly when you consider the number of boys who have made Qld 1 or 2 ( and even the odd Aust schools' rep ) over the past few years from GPS 3 !

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Few schools holding internal trials as well getting warmed up for the first of the GPS selection trials at TSS on the 19th of May.
All schools at TSS as in previous years, with the second trial on the 2nd June being split between club venues.

Only 2 GPS teams being selected this year, will make for some interesting selection room discussions, particularly when you consider the number of boys who have made Qld 1 or 2 ( and even the odd Aust schools' rep ) over the past few years from GPS 3 !

From memory around 6 players from GPS 3 team last year made Qld teams or Combined States.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I think they are fairly light on this year in the pack so I hope they keep him at 2.
Thought Nesta finished school last year .

Played 2 for BSHS and GPS 3 , selected for Qld 2. Doesn’t matter what number you put on his back , he still gets around the paddock like a backrower .

If he is still at school , think you just found your 2 for GPS 1 and well in the mix for Qld 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^Big call if he's not trialling there and without knowing what new blood is on the scene
Fair call, I’m not even sure he is still at school. More referring back to GPS 1 team nominations started by Terry from Townsville a while back , the 2 spot was left vacant and only one other name was put forward.

I’m guessing all of those nominations put forward don’t take into account unseen talent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
^ No clue - but you’d assume so

Around the traps there seems to be a bunch of new kids from different places - so I am sure there will be some surprise packets that not many see coming - and I guess that’s the whole point of trials

B3nji

Bob McCowan (2)
Whispers are that the current QLD Schoolboys pathway (GPS, AIC, CSS) could disappear in 2019 with onus to be placed back on the regions to form the pathway to QLD Schools selection - i.e. U18 QSSRU Carnival to select the sides from - Met North, South Coast, Peninsula etc