• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Shipperley and Tapuai look like absolute guns in Club rugby!

The reds have an exciting few years ahead of them with this bunch of backs. I can't see them all staying but they are hoarding some serious talent atm

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Fair enough Jets. I guess my opinion is based on the fact that he inherited a basketcase that had been presided over by a series of coaches, and he had to do a lot of the rebuilding. A lot of that young talent was very raw at the time and Mooney showed a lot of faith to run with it. There may have been one or two recruitment flops in his time but the Fainga'a's and Rod Davies are an example of guys who have kicked on, and I think we saw the emergence of Cooper and Genia during his time. They didn't win a lot of games but that exciting expansive game that has become their signature started on Mooney's watch IMO.

Merely my opinion, not looking to have a blue over it.

I'll agree that he did some good things in his time at the Reds and has a good eye for talent but it's his inability to get the best out of the group and get them to win that I see as an issue. I really do hope that he gets things working for the Dogs on the field and I think he is a coach that the whole club will get behind and that can only be a good thing.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Shipperley and Tapuai look like absolute guns in Club rugby!

The reds have an exciting few years ahead of them with this bunch of backs. I can't see them all staying but they are hoarding some serious talent atm
It will be a miracle if they retain all that talent beyond next year. The big question is who will be off contract then. It's early days yet, but if a few of the lesser lights step up there may be an opportunity to keep the likes of Genia and Cooper fresh through rotation.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Bit of a comedown for Mooney. Wests > Reds > Otago > Wests.
I suppose more like a big dipper.
So I see Taffy's moved to Wests Colts.
Has Rob Murdoch moved on?
And what of Mat Pini?

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ref,

Taffy has been involoved at Wests with Rob Murdoch for last few years.
I havent heard what he is doing or if he is still involved at Wests.

Matt Pini parted with GPS. Hard to beleive as GPS punched well above thier weight for the last few seasons under his guidance.

No mate GPS gave Pini the arse. Pini didn't give GPS the arse

W

What2040

heard a whisper from the coast that Rob Nowland (Tiny) has left Sunnybank and taken up coaching spot of Breakers - will have his work cut out for him down there without the cattle he had at Sunnybank.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Just got news that Jarrad Butler, Blake Enever and Jack Kimmince are all coming down from the coast to play at Easts next year (as they are part of the National Academy). Add to that Ben Mowen and Ruidarhi Murphy are both expected to come up after the Brumbies season to play.

We can't use depth as an excuse next year!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
That's interesting, I hope it doesn't stop the breakers and the rays from nominating players for the academy out of fear of losing them to other clubs if they get through. Seems strange to penalise clubs for developing talent.

But I guess they dont really have other options.

W

What2040

Just got news that Jarrad Butler, Blake Enever and Jack Kimmince are all coming down from the coast to play at Easts next year (as they are part of the National Academy). Add to that Ben Mowen and Ruidarhi Murphy are both expected to come up after the Brumbies season to play.

We can't use depth as an excuse next year!

Might have snared young a young Cox or 2 (as in twins) from Breakers as well - seems like a lot of talent is heading north from the coast, well EAST really

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I mean I'm very happy by these moves because I'm an Easts supporter, but it kinda sucks for the competition that the coast sides are losing these players.

sunnysideup

Frank Nicholson (4)
That's interesting, I hope it doesn't stop the breakers and the rays from nominating players for the academy out of fear of losing them to other clubs if they get through. Seems strange to penalise clubs for developing talent.

But I guess they dont really have other options.

Alot of turmoil for both Coast teams and till they sort those things out both teams will be marginalised as far as talent pool is concerned. Rumour has it that Cox boys and a number of GF Breakers Colts on the move up the M1 our way as well - possibly to Easts or Uni. Hearsay mind you but surprising none the least as all the Coast academy boys ending up at Easts including UJ the kid from TSS who has just got a Reds contract

W

What2040

Alot of turmoil for both Coast teams and till they sort those things out both teams will be marginalised as far as talent pool is concerned. Rumour has it that Cox boys and a number of GF Breakers Colts on the move up the M1 our way as well - possibly to Easts or Uni. Hearsay mind you but surprising none the least as all the Coast academy boys ending up at Easts including UJ the kid from TSS who has just got a Reds contract

saw that lad UJ play a couple of years ago (think he broke his leg last year) - big, strong, fast, all skills and kicks as well - he is special, well has the potential to be very very special - as always time will tell whether potential becomes reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.