• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
we can worry about the players later, what club's fields and facilities were affected by the flood?

Brothers went under right? So too Uni? I assume Wests did too? What damage?

Anywhere else?

R

Roll Away Black 7

I believe that Uni is unplayable until they are cleared by the University Safety Dept., Wests and Easts.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Understand Uni is training at Ballymore. Easts and Wests apparently back on their fields next week.

Anyone heard news about player movements?

I believe Souths have lost most of their first choice back line from 2010. Anyone know who Souths have appointed as Premier coaches?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
At the moment UQ prems have been training between the gym at St Peters, Kenmore juniors and Ballymore. We are very appreciative to all for the help but with school starting again, junior footy kicking off around Brisbane soon and Ballymore been reluctant (and rightfully so) to let teams on their fields it will be a much interrupted pre season for Uni.
Also if the track is re done around the main field the boys may not be allowed on it until late May

unsub god

Herbert Moran (7)
Dogs are on the bottom field and top field will open March 1. I hear Bottomley is not looking good ??

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
A few of the Premier teams getting a tough work-out at the annual Palm Beach Currumbin 10's tournament this weekend. Breakers, Stingrays, Sunnybank & Norths will be there with the first 3 also entering Colts teams. They'll be having a dig as there's a handy $10,000 prize money up for grabs.
I'm going to wander down on Saturday so hope its not too hot.
Breakers the favourites after last year's Cup win.
1st game kicks off 11.00 with Sunnybank v Stingrays.

S

shitkicker

Is it true that some of the games this year will be played on a sunday as to not subtract attention/crowds from the Reds home games?
Just a rumour I've heard.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hot damn hot at the Palm Beach 10's yesterday. Even hotter today.
Nevertheless the rugby was high quality with Breakers & Sunnybank setting the standard. Great to see Luke Evans back in the Premier comp after a couple of years running around with Cardiff Blues & Wales U20's. Nice cameo too from former Reds player Tasi Luafutu with Manu Samoa.
Finals on this arvo.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I hear Radika Samo and Ben Coridas will be turning out for GPS this year.

Mick Harris likely to go to Souths.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
And what about the game coming up this week - The Australia club championship game ( Or as the Yanks would say the World club series) between the two Unis ? Not read or heard too much about this yet. Is No-one interested ?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A few things of interest around the traps.

Tim Sampson has moved from Sunnybank to Easts as an assistant coach to join another former Sunnybank player in Karol Bos.

Guy Shepherdson is off to Uni along will McDuling.

Brando Va'alu is back at Sunnybank after a trip to France as is Lomano Lemeki who has been in Japan with Canon.

Quite a few Sunny Coast players have left and joined Brisbane clubs so it will be interesting to see how the Stingrays go this year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
and apparently the Faingaas may be going to GPS as well.

That would make sence as to why Harris would go to Souths then. Would be free to play outside Quade if/when Quade ever plays club rugby again.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
A few things of interest around the traps.

Guy Shepherdson is off to Uni along will McDuling.
Gee, how strong is Uni going to be again this year? Love to see a full strength Uni teamsheet, it will be pretty hard to top.

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
If he was playing overseas he would need clearance from whichever club he was playing for and then that Country's Union, which then gets sent to the ARU, then the QRU and then to the club, I think.

It stops players getting banned by one Union ( eg English ) then popping over the border to play rugby in Wales so it ensures a player can only be registerd to play for one club.

Status
Not open for further replies.