• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Wests have been runnign 'squads' and not proper teams during trials. they have a good lot of players. just to young average age of 23

I think a lot of the teams have young squads. I know the average age Uni's grandfinal team last year was just over 22 with 5 out of 7 backs been 20 or under

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So you're comparing Professional rugby with purely amateur rugby ??

In terms of their age I was. The average age of most club teams would be 22-25. With the way of the world these days it is rare to have someone only play club rugby for 10 years.

S

saulih

Anyone go to battle of the Coasts yesterday? Interested to hear match reports...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
That's being a bit silly. Weeks and Byrne were the only Reds of any note in the team and Weeks would be the only established player. Hanson had been in the squad but never really used.

W

WB15

there were a lot of qld academy and super 15 player playing. more than any team in the comp.

Chapman, younger morahan.....

D

Doc

there were a lot of qld academy and super 15 player playing. more than any team in the comp.

There were other clubs comparable if not exceeding uni in rep players. The starting 15 from the major semi last year had 2 S14 players and 3 academy players. Some other clubs could boast that easy.

Now it is different because of the success they had. I have no affiliation to Uni, but I love the fact they get on with the job without all the rubbish some other clubs carry on with.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

I did forget about Chapman but younger Morahan played Premier Colts for most of the year. I think he may have started 2 Prem games and was used off the bench. Sunnybank would have had more I think.

T

TheTruth

I did forget about Chapman but younger Morahan played Premier Colts for most of the year. I think he may have started 2 Prem games and was used off the bench. Sunnybank would have had more I think.

Will be interesting to see how younger Morahan shifts to Prems and beyond

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Will be interesting to see how younger Morahan shifts to Prems and beyond

He is a quality player but I'm just not sure where his best spot is. He is a good fullback and went very well in Premier when filling in for his brother at 13 for Uni. He ended up playing 10 in Prem Colts. I think 12 maybe the best spot for him long term. He can distribute the ball very well and runs a good line. Will follow his progress with interest.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I was at Woolies at Toowong last night and ran into Neemiah Tupuse. I had forgotten what a great player he was for the IGS 1st XV a few years ago, completely outplayed Jake Shatz in their game against ACGS. He is playing at West and I would think would be in their Prem squad. I might wander down and have a look at him play when the season kicks off after Easter.

S

Saders07

Jets, Neemiah Tupuse is definitely in the premier squad at Wests. He has shown some good trial form and it will be worth the visit to the kennel.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Shame there's no Easter rugby on this weekend in QLD Premiers.
Sydney is playing a full round but I suppose there's more heathens down there.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think most teams enjoy the weekend off before the season kicks off. Allows for teams to start with their best possible lineups. Also should attract bigger crowds.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Shame there's no Easter rugby on this weekend in QLD Premiers.
Sydney is playing a full round but I suppose there's more heathens down there.

Ain't that the truth? Sin City is far and away the heathen capital of Australia, although we do have a sprinkling of Fred Nile type nutters.

Status
Not open for further replies.