• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Planning on heading out to Sylvan Rd to watch the Dragons take on the Bulldogs tomorrow. I'm keen to see a couple of the U20's players have a run for the Dragons before the go into camp.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Whilst I don't have an opinion on who is "The Best" scrumming props in the comp I agree with TD that Wests forward pack has not been the problem over the last few years. And the introduction of Greene and return of Gillespie as proved this.

I am surprised that the Easts props are being used as the benchmark. As the last 2 years this forum has noted that the Easts forwards have been bettered in games not the backs. Sanday has been a standout this year in general play but the Easts scrum has not dominated an opposition yet. The fact the P.Ritchie a much smaller prop, but a scrum lover (nicknamed: Scrumpig) was considered first choice when in Aus suggests that the scrum is not where the Easts props excel.

I agree while easts pack is very astute and mobile around the park it has been consistently noted on this forum that the Easts scrum has had its issues.

Stallion i understand some of your comments but i do not agree and that is fine. Everyone judges players on their own criteria.

Perhaps as the season progresses you mind may change but time will tell.

Jets i noticed there is no Blomfield or taumata in the bank line up? Which is dissapointing as i was looking forward to seeing them both play?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Blomfield is back off to the UK from my understanding. Was a valuable cameo but has other commitments.

Tom Lucas has been in good form and I think they have decided to give him a run in his favoured position of 10. He has played 12, 15 and was considered at 9 at one stage so far. Not sure about Dion as he isn't on any other team lists I've seen.

I think Henry and Maile have small niggles so they have been left out of the team for the weekend. I think a safety first approach is being taken as a JRWC is a big opportunity for these guys.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
unfortunate about maile and henry i was really looking forward to seeing the cut of their jib before the JWC but no poitn risking them. Do you know if Blomfield is playing much footy in the UK?

It would be a shame for him not to expeirience the northern hemisphere game, but i understand that his education comes first

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree while easts pack is very astute and mobile around the park it has been consistently noted on this forum that the Easts scrum has had its issues.

Stallion i understand some of your comments but i do not agree and that is fine. Everyone judges players on their own criteria.

Perhaps as the season progresses you mind may change but time will tell.

Jets i noticed there is no Blomfield or taumata in the bank line up? Which is dissapointing as i was looking forward to seeing them both play?

Disagree with what exactly? I understand that your thoughts may differ to mine but the reason I jump on here is to see why others see it the way they do. I just call it how I see it from the footage I have seen. If another duo during the course of the year "earn" the mantle I'll change my mind accordingly.

So are you think Faagase and Leilua are the best prop duo in the comp? Why? Would love for you to elaborate.

Stallion

Herbert Moran (7)
Whilst I don't have an opinion on who is "The Best" scrumming props in the comp I agree with TD that Wests forward pack has not been the problem over the last few years. And the introduction of Greene and return of Gillespie as proved this.

I am surprised that the Easts props are being used as the benchmark. As the last 2 years this forum has noted that the Easts forwards have been bettered in games not the backs. Sanday has been a standout this year in general play but the Easts scrum has not dominated an opposition yet. The fact the P.Ritchie a much smaller prop, but a scrum lover (nicknamed: Scrumpig) was considered first choice when in Aus suggests that the scrum is not where the Easts props excel.
I'm not referring to the last 2 years I'm simply referring to this year so far, Easts got the points decision against Jeeps in the scrummaging department, I thought the same in the Dragons game and also against Uni. But hey each to their own.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
Anyone have any scores, I wasn't able to get to any games although I heard brothers thumped sunny coast. Also heard Paddy James from colts had a run in prems for brothers, good young player that one.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Uni beat Norths 60-24 in a tryfest at St Lucia.

And wowsers is the Norths winger fast! There's a one-man bonus point there.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Sunnybank beat Wests 33-9. Scoreline didn't really reflect Sunnybank's dominance - Wests players kept fighting hard but teamwork was off today

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah I agree Scott.
Sunnybank butchered some serious point scoring opportunities. Ben Lucas coming on and starting a fight and getting a yellow card wasn't bright either.
No doubt Wests have some potential though. At 22-9 and attacking the Bank line they fluffed their own line out throw, a converted try then and they were back in it.

D

Don't be chirpin

I finally caught up on all the footage of last weeks games and I'd have to say that Sunnybank are still looking like pretenders this season. The scoreline may have looked promising for Dragons supporters but to be honest I reckon Even Norths could have beaten Wests the way they played on Saturday. Wouldnt be suprised if they actually get beaten by Norths this weekend if Norths can get the pill to Vuki a few times. Also Ben Lucas should know better than to start scraps in a Premier Game. Disapointing stuff from a senior player

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I finally caught up on all the footage of last weeks games and I'd have to say that Sunnybank are still looking like pretenders this season. The scoreline may have looked promising for Dragons supporters but to be honest I reckon Even Norths could have beaten Wests the way they played on Saturday. The Bank should get found out by Souths this weekend. Also Ben Lucas should know better than to start scraps in a Premier Game. Disapointing stuff from a senior player
I can guarantee that this doesn't happen. Dragons are playing Norths.;)

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I finally caught up on all the footage of last weeks games and I'd have to say that Sunnybank are still looking like pretenders this season. The scoreline may have looked promising for Dragons supporters but to be honest I reckon Even Norths could have beaten Wests the way they played on Saturday. Wouldnt be suprised if they actually get beaten by Norths this weekend if Norths can get the pill to Vuki a few times. Also Ben Lucas should know better than to start scraps in a Premier Game. Disapointing stuff from a senior player

Where are you getting all the footage?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Norths will be looking to bounce back from a disappointing result against Uni last weekend. I think away to Sunnybank will be to hard an ask for them to notch up their first win of the season but I agree Sunnybank will have to lift their game to stay in the top half of the table.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
unfortunate about maile and henry i was really looking forward to seeing the cut of their jib before the JWC but no poitn risking them. Do you know if Blomfield is playing much footy in the UK?

It would be a shame for him not to expeirience the northern hemisphere game, but i understand that his education comes first
From my understanding experiencing the most out of life comes first to George. He is quite an interesting guy and I am sure he will get on a field at some stage in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom