• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
Jonah Placid was a Toowoomba Grammar product who was fullback in the Australian Schoolboys team that beat NZ last year. Saw him play last year. He is something special. Hence winning his place on the Australian U20 team this year. His Toowoomba coach from last year is now coaching at Churchie.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
SouthernX and Crusher, let's be nice. Easts won.
4 wins in 60+ plus years. They hardly get any success, so lets let them have it.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Haha Tigers Tale I am only having a bit of friendly banter!!!

Roar away my friend. You guys deserved the hardware.

But in all honesty. If someone made the 2014 thread, i'd happily move over there to talk club rugby and let the Bottomley Park celebrations continue on here. ;)

T

Tigers Tale

SouthernX and Crusher, let's be nice. Easts won.
4 wins in 60+ plus years. They hardly get any success, so lets let them have it.

See that's just it Mr Filth we live in the present at Easts. The world order of the Aust Rugby is changing - isn't an Easts lad the Wallaby Captain today.

The world order of Bros/Uni is over and those at Crosby & St Lucia need to appreciate that u shouldn't have to play for ur clubs to play 4 Qld.

Why do Jeremy Paul, Ben Mowen and now Jarrad Butler have to leave Qld to get recognised.

T

Tigers Tale

Jonah Placid was a Toowoomba Grammar product who was fullback in the Australian Schoolboys team that beat NZ last year. Saw him play last year. He is something special. Hence winning his place on the Australian U20 team this year. His Toowoomba coach from last year is now coaching at Churchie.

Yes Jason Gilmore former Easts player/coach & Souths coach was Placid & Deck (Prem Colts #9) 1st XV coach at TGS and he referred both to Easts.

Plenty of Easts names in the QRU U16 management so I'm sure when these guys leave school they'll approach these guys for direction.

As a secondary school teacher Pat Richards works well with the development of late teen/early 20s footballer.

Give credit where it's due. Gunn & Placid only started getting regular Premier grade minutes in second half of the season - he managed them well and they peeked come finals. Well done Super Coach Richards.

Simpo86

Frank Row (1)
Simpo not hating merely pointing out to TT that over a third of your premier squad for the GF were developed from outside Easts.
Not hating on Easts at all, they thoroughly deserved their victory and the spoils that go with it and GPS were a worthy finalist just didn't capitalise on opportunities as Easts did.
A lot was made of Samu Kerevi in the build up and the sort of impact he might provide but how slick was Toby White in showing a clean pair of heels for the Tiges first five pointer. Someone needs to give that man a Reds contract.

Yeah just mucking around mate. Just wanted to let a few easts chants out one more time.

On that issue of White. I couldnt agree more. The competiton is not short of class outside centres with the likes of Morahan and Samu, But toby has got to be the classiest one in the comp. You will never see the likes of Morahan, kerevi, bond, tapaui have good games when playing easts because White is too solid in defence. Never misses tackles. But thats not even his main strength. He's very quick, strong and a smart player. Any Easts man who has watched him play on a regular basis will agree with this.

Really hope he gets picked up soon. He's ticked every box there is and can easily see him being lost to overseas clubs if he doesnt get his chance in the next year or so.

Dont be chirpin

Frank Row (1)
Gday folks,

Chirpin here.

First post since the GF. Been on a bender since sunday night

How are we all feeling? Jets you there champ? Gone a bit quiet mate. Feels good to get the win.

What a game.

Loved how Easts weren't given much a chance in the lead up and all the chat was about Jeeps going to win their fist since 96 and people like kerevi who we're going to dominate. But I think the reds recruitment have picked up the wrong blokes from this years comp.

Kerevi was absolutely useless in the final. Did nothing.

White is a far better outside back and has been for years. How bout that meat pie of his. Showed some bloody good toe to slice the line like that.

I'm with the others here give white a contract the bloke deserves a gig

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
See that's just it Mr Filth we live in the present at Easts. The world order of the Aust Rugby is changing - isn't an Easts lad the Wallaby Captain today.

The world order of Bros/Uni is over and those at Crosby & St Lucia need to appreciate that u shouldn't have to play for ur clubs to play 4 Qld.

Why do Jeremy Paul, Ben Mowen and now Jarrad Butler have to leave Qld to get recognised.

Mowen plays his club rugby for Tuggeranong not Easts. I thought you guys lived in the present?

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Gday folks,

Loved how Easts weren't given much a chance in the lead up and all the chat was about Jeeps going to win their fist since 96 and people like kerevi who we're going to dominate. But I think the reds recruitment have picked up the wrong blokes from this years comp.

Kerevi was absolutely useless in the final. Did nothing.

I've got nothing against White, in fact he obviously is going OK, but just remember Kerevi is only 19. I've seen him play like a champion and I would think he has a big future if he is prepared to focus. White would be around 27?

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
Agree with Chirpin. They signed the wrong 13. White ahead of Kerevi in my eyes.

But are you looking through "Tiger" eyes also? Understand that I am not saying Toby would not be worth a punt. I thought he was a couple of years behind me at school

Dont be chirpin

Frank Row (1)
But are you looking through "Tiger" eyes also? Understand that I am not saying Toby would not be worth a punt. I thought he was a couple of years behind me at school

2007 Terrace boy - played prems pretty much straight out of school and hasnt missed many games which is why it probably seems like hes been around for a while

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Mowen plays his club rugby for Tuggeranong not Easts. I thought you guys lived in the present?

One of the conditions to get your mug up on the WESTS BULLDOGS Wallabies walls is you must be activly alligned with the club when you get your cap.

So for example the reason why Scott Higginbotham photo isn't next to Will Genia is because Will didn't become a wallaby until after 2008/09 which was the season he was alligned with the Doggies. I believe Will Genia became a Wallaby during his stint at the Eagles!

Status
Not open for further replies.