• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

Reg - when will they name the Reds A side for the final?

That is going to have a big ripple effect on the round 1 sides.

Easts already without 4 Reds A & 4 U20s;

Brothers without 8 U20s plus Sam Johnston(??) in Reds A (#13);
Filth will be happy to see such strong Brothers Representation.

GPS, Uni, Souths & Sunnybank are also going to field depleted line ups in round 1.

Will it be the round of the underdog?

Who will be the favourite in the Brothers v Sunnybank game?

My prediction for the four is:
GPS;
Uni;
Souths;
Easts.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - as I have said before these things are cyclical but 8 in the U20s is a great achievement for your club and is further vindication for why your Prem Colts missing the GF last year was such an unbelievable end to their season.

How many of them do you think will get the Australian team call up?

How many of your 8 will be starting in Prem Grade when available on account of Aust U20s - clearly Greene will.

The question is what will Matho do with Greene in defence when he doesn't have his old mate Jonah Placid to stand in the defensive line for him? I can't see Murphy wanting to stand at #10 in defence and that would take away one of your greatest weapons - Murphy's counter attack.

I'm very interested in how the Greene/Murphy combination will evolve because with his brother the Murphys were a very dangerous combination.

When Greene is away with the Aust U20s will the other #10 you have in the Qld U20s be the Brothers #10 or will it be the bloke who has come over from GPS? Nice selection head aches to have because finding genuine #10s is not easy.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
I think it has been named as we have been advised that players who are starting for Reds A on Sunday in Sydney, cannot play club on Saturday.... BUT those on the bench for Reds A can play club on Saturday.

Our "Vuki" made the starting line up - after not being involved in any of the other games in any capacity... which is great for him, but a little frustrating for our club.
Obviously the 20s have bled the talent pool dry and he was next cab off the rank.

On a side note, well done ARU for scheduling a final in Sydney for Reds v Argentina... Should be a massive crowd... pfffftttt!!!
Obviously they were hoping their beloved NSW would walk into the final and booked the appropriate venue.
Should just play it at Ballymore (or the home of the Aust team ranked highest in the final) and have a couple of premier club games as a curtain raisers. Make it a big event!!!

The QRU also stated Nigel Genia was still registered at Norths.... ?? He might want to start turning up to training then! :D

T

Tigers Tale

You wouldn't want Nigel back - he is the most over rated halfback in Qld.

I recon the #9 Wests ran out against Easts in the trial a couple of weeks back should be given the nod at Wests ahead of him.

Nigel Ah Wong's selection on the wing ahead of Vuhi for the earlier Reds A games was interesting but he did score 3/4 tries against Japan.

T

Tigers Tale

The scheduling of the final venue for the Pacific Rugby Cup is an IRB decision not an ARU decision.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You wouldn't want Nigel back - he is the most over rated halfback in Qld.

I recon the #9 Wests ran out against Easts in the trial a couple of weeks back should be given the nod at Wests ahead of him.

Nigel Ah Wong's selection on the wing ahead of Vuhi for the earlier Reds A games was interesting but he did score 3/4 tries against Japan.
Nigel Genia would be playing 2nd Grade if he didn't have that last name.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeah it's time to hand over the reigns to someone else. I would recommend not doing a points start unless you are going to be on top of it every week. Pretty simple to do with Google Docs.

Any chance you can do up an instructions sheet?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
the national club champs is this weekend right? at Easts on Saturday at what time?

Just want to plug it on the podcast.

T

Tigers Tale

Reg it's this Saturday - Easts v Sydney Uni 5:30pm @ David Wilson Field Bottomley Park.

All Qld Rugby fans welcome to join the Bottomley Park faithful.

Easts, Easts, Easts

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
gave it a pump on the latest podcast for you TT.

I'm off to the Premier Rugby media launch this arvo guys. Anyone have a particular question they want asked of a particular coach?

T

Tigers Tale

Thanks Reg.

I have 3 question for Matho:
1. For such a nice bloke why Brothers?
2. What's his plan for Sam Greene in the defensive line?
3. Where will he play Sam Johnson since he has played #13, #12 & #10 for Reds A.

A couple for Pat Richards:
1. What position will James Moore (Son of Rob who is head man at the QRL) who spent last year with the Melbourne Storm U20s play? And does he think he will feature in the Premier Grade line up?

2. Could he look back on the career of Matt Brandon who will play his 100th Premier Grade game against Souths in round 2. Maybe ask him whether he thought Brando was a better player than his former assistant coach Andrew Scotney?

Matt Brandon 2/3 S15 caps for the Force, 100 Premier grade games, two premierships, 2 Alec Evans Medals;

Andrew Scotney 10?? S12 Caps for the Reds, ??? Premier Grade Games, two premierships, 1 Alec Eavns Medal(equivalent)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Can you take some photos? Or are the QRU sharing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can you take some photos? Or are the QRU sharing?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I will take some dodgies with my phone but will put the hard word on the QRU to provide us with their snaps.

Thanks lads, keep em coming.

T

Tigers Tale

SX - I would prefer to hand out the jerseys and speak with them before the game!!

My services are always at the ready - Pat only has to ask and I'll be there!!

Passion rather than tactical adjustment is my thing so I think that I'm better suited to pre-game!!

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Are the Reds A definitely playing as Fiji A put 99 points on Junior Japan yesterday avo so that may have got them into the final against the argies as opposed to Reds A so possibly some players now available for premier clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.