• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Would also be interested to know if there will be any repercussions over coach Richards' on-field outburst towards referee Simon Moore after the fulltime whistle yesterday. Not sure what was said. Maybe he was just saying "well refereed" but it certainly wasn't a good look.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
If anyone is going to the Norths v Wests match or the Bond Uni v Brothers match we would love a couple of paragraphs summarising the games.

We definitely don't have anyone at Norths v west!
Game reports from around the grounds?

T

Tigers Tale

Souths too good yesterday.

Possible penalty on full time could had lead to Easts securing a last gasp draw but that would not have been deserved as Souths played conditions and breakdown better.

Easts do struggle with the Magpies style.

T

Tigers Tale

Going by results with Souths, Wests, Norths & Easts in first two rounds could Wests be favourites for their clash with Easts next week at Sylvan Rd?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Game reports from around the grounds?
Jordan made it to the souths v east game and I got to uni v sunnybank. I don't know if Bec travelled down to bond yet but she will do a write up of all the games. Would love a game report to add to that.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Going by results with Souths, Wests, Norths & Easts in first two rounds could Wests be favourites for their clash with Easts next week at Sylvan Rd?

Don't kid yourself mate.

Favourites? Definitely not.

Chance for the Dogs to scrape out a win. Definitely!

It won't be easy (haven't beaten the Tigers since Round 1 2009) but I'm sure the brain trusts are breaking down the tape of Easts v Souths as we speak likewise Pat Richards is doing the same on the Norths vs Wests match.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Premier
Souths 24 d Easts 21

Premier Reserve
Souths 26 d Easts 19

Premier Colts
Souths 49 d Easts 7

1st Grade
Souths 22 d Easts 14

2nd Grade
Souths 17 d Easts 3

3rd Grade
Souths 25 d Easts 12

Colts 1
Souths 34 d Easts 7

Colts 2
Souths 24 d Easts 19

Well done to Souths with the clean sweep. First time I've seen a clean sweep against any major club in a few years.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
It's very quiet on here from the Tiger's den. How about some thoughts on the game TT.

Very hard game to watch, from both sides.

Souths deserved the win, but they were quite poor as well, just not as poor as Easts.

Shit ball handling, crooked line-outs, penalties, a ridiculous yellow card....ranks up in one of the worst games I've watched in recent years.

Tigers scrum was absolutely demolished again, but Jack Mullins actually did a remarkable job cleaning up at the base on several occasions.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Agree that some of Souths play was not great but how can you be expected to rise to great heights when the game is interrupted every few seconds by the referee's whistle.

I would love to know what the penalty count was against Souths but I am sure that it would rank along with the count against the Reds in SA and most of them just as bewildering.

Agree that the yellow card against Souths was ridiculous but that goes along with many of the other refereeing decisions. The second half ran 49 minutes 5 seconds and Easts only managed their second try near the very end of this extra, extra time.

Souths will take the win and move on.

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Filth have you got a match report? From
What I have heard it was a physical game with lots of niggle?

I'm not sure on Filth's view but I thought it was horrible game of rugby to watch from both teams. Similar to some of the feedback re the East vs Souths game, it was a game punctuated by a number of poor handling errors, crooked line outs, missed tackles etc However the majority of the errors forced or unforced lay with Bond who held the lead on a couple of occasions during the first half and looked likely to take an unexpected lead into the half only for poor handling that lead to a missed try scoring opportunity from a turnover just outside of their own 22. Brothers however always seemed likely and took advantage of many missed first up tackles by the Bond side to close out the half 24-14. In the second half I witnessed one of the most lopsided refereeing displays. Now I am not one for putting blame at the feet of match officials and the ref was not the reason why Bond lost (they needed no help in that dept), however the ref sent two Bond players to the sin bin without warning and it could be argued quite strongly that a warning would have been suffice for at least the ruck offence sin binning however over a period of 5 minutes, Bond were award 8 penalties in a row with the majority (at least 6 on video evidence according to the head coach) being for the same offence and after constant pleading from the Bond capt the ref proceeded to warn the Brothers capt. There were further infringements that were penalised by the ref but still no need to reach for the card. Now I am a qualified match official to a decent level and am embarrassed at yesterday's situation but what can you do if you are Bond? The Filth forward pack impressed me and particularly their tight 5 who were workmanlike and dominated their opposites. Fair to say they dominated across the park. I still don't rate them a premiership chance as they lack the X factor that the Murphys bring to their team and Knox played well at 10 but he isn't Dallan and fair to say that Sam Greene and Jake Milne will become vital for the Filth if they are to be genuine contenders. One final comment, the Filth Prems and Prem colts were huge size wise in comparison to their opponents - definitely looked like a case of Boys vs Men (in both grades).

Status
Not open for further replies.