• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Easts were disgustingly poor this afternoon. Definatly no report from me on this one, it was horrible.

Sunnybank were very good though, and that score line flatters Easts, given that the Dragons missed nearly all their conversions.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Oh and Josh Parry, never should play Premier again. His attitude is a disgrace. Had been spoken to by the ref, had his captain and another player tell him to calm down, 30seconds later he is sent to the bin.

It is a joke he started over Moore, and he spends half his time looking for a fight instead of playing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know it lower grades, but a disgrace again, Norths came to Logan and had all 3 teams say they couldn't have a competitive scrum!! It has happened quite often over years, and while QRU allows this to carry on happening with no penalties I can only say I think a number of players and clubs with no pride should perhaps look at League as their preferred sport!!

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Norths did the same thing last week.
To Easts' credit they contested scrums in every game even though they were not strong at scrum time.
Easts Premier were not that bad. Some turnover tries, they didn't kick in general play well, and obviously their scrum was not strong.
They wasted a line out advantage with poor throwing.
Sunnybank were surprisingly focused especially in defence.

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
People always talk about making rugby faster, some of us like our rugby tougher, that includes the scrum.Rugby can never lose the scrum and if teams can't pack a competitive scrum they should be penalized. I'm with you Dan they want to play with two extra breakaways on the field for general play so they shouldn't get to win there scrum with no pushing.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well look on the Brightside, Premier rugby adversaries, Brothers lost every single match. So your weekend wasn't too bad, T-12, TT, SX and co.

Gutsy effort from Bros prem grade, GPS too good.

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
I know it lower grades, but a disgrace again, Norths came to Logan and had all 3 teams say they couldn't have a competitive scrum!! It has happened quite often over years, and while QRU allows this to carry on happening with no penalties I can only say I think a number of players and clubs with no pride should perhaps look at League as their preferred sport!!
It's ok Dan unfortunate for Norths first Grade getting thumped 85-0. Don't come to Logan with no scrum it won't be flattering by end of game. There should be no excuse for it, but I must say Norths sportsmanship was very good and they never gave up and kept trying all game

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's ok Dan unfortunate for Norths first Grade getting thumped 85-0. Don't come to Logan with no scrum it won't be flattering by end of game. There should be no excuse for it, but I must say Norths sportsmanship was very good and they never gave up and kept trying all game
Sorry Heavens Game, I disagree, I have seen it too many times over the years when Logan have played Norths(and other clubs, but Norths often). I must admit to missing the 3rd grade game, but if Norths couldn't find 2 props out of the 2 games I watched I will go heave!! I consider sportsmanship means playing to best of your ability and NOT using stupid gaps in local laws so you can cancel oppositions strengths, do it by playing better. Anyway Heavens, I know it probably just me on my high horse about something that I consider a blight on the game here in Qld, but I will never respect any club that does it regularly!! I had never seen it done until I got involved with rugby here in 97, and was gobsmacked when I first saw it!!

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Sorry Heavens Game, I disagree, I have seen it too many times over the years when Logan have played Norths(and other clubs, but Norths often). I must admit to missing the 3rd grade game, but if Norths couldn't find 2 props out of the 2 games I watched I will go heave!! I consider sportsmanship means playing to best of your ability and NOT using stupid gaps in local laws so you can cancel oppositions strengths, do it by playing better. Anyway Heavens, I know it probably just me on my high horse about something that I consider a blight on the game here in Qld, but I will never respect any club that does it regularly!! I had never seen it done until I got involved with rugby here in 97, and was gobsmacked when I first saw it!!
Many moons ago when I played, the issue we had travelling to play Logan at Logan was sth the premier team playing at the sunshine coast you lost 4 props up there which had a ripple effect down the grades but I'm not sure how it works now without the stringrays

Nadroboy

Frank Row (1)
Oh and Josh Parry, never should play Premier again. His attitude is a disgrace. Had been spoken to by the ref, had his captain and another player tell him to calm down, 30seconds later he is sent to the bin.

It is a joke he started over Moore, and he spends half his time looking for a fight instead of playing.

Can't agree with U there T12. From my view of the game, Parry was the lone ranger in that forward pack willing to unsettle the dragons. Probably has to recognise the fine line and not overstep it like yesterday, but would love to see the other 7 step up to his level. Tough road to make the four from here, but i'll never doubt a tiger!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Brothers are in for a few tough games ahead. Uni then the Bank.

I hope this season is better for the Brethren then years past.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
1. UNI
2. BROS
3. GPS
4. BANK

In no particular order, but I think that will be the top 4 by finals time! Anyone disagree?

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - hold onto your chair - I agree with you.

Tigers are gone in terms of finals but may provide some nuisance value but only if they lift their game - they are a long way off the top four and Souths.

I know it was a loss but Souths getting within 1 of Uni is a massive result for them - well done Magpies.

They will have to improve a hell of a lot even to get over Bond this weekend.

Something is missing - whether that is desire/premiership hang over but quite simply the sides they have run out in 2014 have just not been as good as their opponents.

For mine it will be a Uni v Snbk GF - Snbk were very good yesterday but Uni probably have them covered in th forwards.

T

Tigers Tale

T12 - I think you are being a bit harsh on Parry.

Parry was subbed out for Moore at about 30 minutes. Then when he returned to the field he was warned that he had given away a number of penalties in his first stint (in fact 1) he needed to be careful. Then when he returned to the field after the sin bin the referee said sorry to him - that he might have got the decision wrong???

Look Parry is a bit of a hot head but after not having Bertini, Butler & (for the greater part) Gunn this season his aggression at the breakdown was needed.

Moore is a great talent but he is readjusting to Rugby after a few seasons at the Melb Storm.

Not as if they are the same style in any event and clearly the coach was looking to inject something different by starting both Gunn & Parry yesterday, as he did by moving Brandon to 15.

Easts have had 11/12 make their Prem debuts this year and given where they sit I would say the coach will add to that number before the season is done.

T12 if you don't select Parry who then takes his place - granted that Gunn is the best #7 in the club and Parry 2 & Henry Olsen 3? I'd still take Parry over Olsen at this stage of their careers.

T

Tigers Tale

What about the Brethren? How do you think we'll end up?

Filth I don't think you'll get there because as strong as Uni & Snbk appear remember that they will also both get a host of Reds back 2/3 weeks before the finals.

GPS have a great desire for a Premiership but will they match the quality of Uni & Snbk come finals? Maybe they missed their chance in 2013.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Souths will be top 4 filth only problem is trying to figure out who they are going to replace from your list.

The ARC might have an impact on reds availability for finals through RUPA. I have no knowledge on anything but I would assume only fringe reds players will be allowed to participate while the others will have a few weeks off before the new comps kick off.

Status
Not open for further replies.