• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Ex league player from Gold Coast Titans I think, not sure what club he is aligned with, I heard a rumour it was GPS??? Just a rumour though

Sent from my mind......

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Also great to see another Souths prop getting an opportunity with Tevita (Davey) Feao being selected for Tonga A which will be playing a series of matches around the country.

T

Tigers Tale

Jets has Albert left Sunnybank for Souths? I would find that very surprising if he has.

My only comments re selections of Reds A would be over the #9 & #13.

Would not Campbell(Bros) or Grasso(GPS) be better options at #9? Is Gale a #9?

Would not Bond(Bros) or White(Easts) be worth a go at #13.

McIntyre at #15 is also interesting - I have no problems with him being in the side as he's a good footballer its just I thought he was a exclusively a #10. I think he'll be very good for Sunnybank this year, he doesn't have the hype that come with Greene but he's good.

I presume that Placid is injured as he's not listed in the Reds or Reds A lineups.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
TT, Grasso might be on the outer with QLD setups. There is a rumour going around GPS that he's only playing here until he finalises some type of deal with a rugby side over in Italy in hoping to play for the Italian national side as he sees his professional dreams in Aus as finished.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Kimami Sitauti plays for Souths I thought? Not Brothers. I agree with TT in regards to having Campbell or Grasso at #9. And Sef Faagaase still plays at Wests.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
From what I've been told Albert is going to Souths. They have been after him for a while.

I also heard that Grasso is off OS. Will play the trials and pre Easter games but then gone.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Also great to see another Souths prop getting an opportunity with Tevita (Davey) Feao being selected for Tonga A which will be playing a series of matches around the country.

Following in Big Willie's footsteps.

T

Tigers Tale

Albert .........has returned to The Nest where he played all of his Junior rugby.

I like the fact that he's back to his junior club.

Jets - Does this mean that we don't need to read anything else into it?

T

Tigers Tale

From what I've been told Albert is going to Souths. They have been after him for a while.

I also heard that Grasso is off OS. Will play the trials and pre Easter games but then gone.

Big Dog who will the GPS #9 be given you won't see much of Frisby? Would the former Tiger "old mate Franksy" be a chance?

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Jets has Albert left Sunnybank for Souths? I would find that very surprising if he has.

My only comments re selections of Reds A would be over the #9 & #13.

Would not Campbell(Bros) or Grasso(GPS) be better options at #9? Is Gale a #9?

Would not Bond(Bros) or White(Easts) be worth a go at #13.

McIntyre at #15 is also interesting - I have no problems with him being in the side as he's a good footballer its just I thought he was a exclusively a #10. I think he'll be very good for Sunnybank this year, he doesn't have the hype that come with Greene but he's good.

I presume that Placid is injured as he's not listed in the Reds or Reds A lineups.

White & Bond have earnt a shot after their impressive & consistent form last season.

Campbell is 30yo now so not sure there's value when these games are focused on development opportunities.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Big Dog who will the GPS #9 be given you won't see much of Frisby? Would the former Tiger "old mate Franksy" be a chance?

When/if Grasso heads off i'm sure Curtis Franks will be given a decent crack at the job, although he was stuck in 2nd grade a bit last year with Scott Malolua playing a head of him. Also colt James Tuttle I believe played 9/10 at Nudgee last year and has been training with the Prems squad so he's another option.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Kimami Sitauti plays for Souths I thought? Not Brothers. I agree with TT in regards to having Campbell or Grasso at #9. And Sef Faagaase still plays at Wests.

He left Souths to play for The Rebels, I didn't think the Rebels gave him a fair crack, as wwhenever I saw him play for Souths and For Aus 7s i was extremely impressed. He has everything needed to play Super Rugby as either a 13 or 14. So if Brothers have picked him up that is a great addition.

With one of the NRC Qld teams to be a country side I am interested to know what Reds, QLD A, QLD 20s and regular Premier Grade players are of Country Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.