• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propsperspective

Frank Nicholson (4)
Given the torrential rain, maybe this weekend's games should be pushed back a day to Sunday.. old school Sunday footy would be great and may actually help crowd numbers?

T

Tigers Tale

Any thoughts upon whether the Reds will release Andrew Ready to play for the Tigers this Saturday - going by past Richard Graham philosophy I won't be holding my breath.

It would be nice to see the old firm - Paraka, Ready & Sanday - run out onto Bottomley this Saturday to take on the formidable Dragons pack.

Rick Tyrell (whose inaugural memorial trophy is up for grabs this Saturday) would have loved a battle like that.

By all accounts the Easts club (EQ also) just doesn't know when to expect Ed Quirk to play - totally in the hands of the Reds. He'll be a handy addition to the Tigers pack in the second half of the season.

Must be a great feeling around Tigerland this week after last Saturday's Prem result but they will want to back it up with a win over Sunnybank.

A result like last Saturday will hopefully give the younger guys in the Tigers an huge injection of self belief.

The Tigers backrow of Barker, Milosevic & Power together with the defensive efforts of Moore have been the driving force behind their 6 & 1 start to the season, and they may well give the Tigers the edge at the all important breakdown this Saturday. If Paraka & Ready play I think the Tiger will do them through the forwards.

Hopefully Elliot Hagen is back too.

I wouldn't say that the Tigers should start favourites because Sunnybank are a very good all round side but I know the Tigers will put in a gutsy never say die effort and you can't ask for anything more from your team.

Let's hope we get play in this weekend and good luck to your team.

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Any thoughts upon whether the Reds will release Andrew Ready to play for the Tigers this Saturday - going by past Richard Graham philosophy I won't be holding my breath.

It would be nice to see the old firm - Paraka, Ready & Sanday - run out onto Bottomley this Saturday to take on the formidable Dragons pack.

Rick Tyrell (whose inaugural memorial trophy is up for grabs this Saturday) would have loved a battle like that.

By all accounts the Easts club (EQ also) just doesn't know when to expect Ed Quirk to play - totally in the hands of the Reds. He'll be a handy addition to the Tigers pack in the second half of the season.

Must be a great feeling around Tigerland this week after last Saturday's Prem result but they will want to back it up with a win over Sunnybank.

A result like last Saturday will hopefully give the younger guys in the Tigers an huge injection of self belief.

The Tigers backrow of Barker, Milosevic & Power together with the defensive efforts of Moore have been the driving force behind their 6 & 1 start to the season, and they may well give the Tigers the edge at the all important breakdown this Saturday. If Paraka & Ready play I think the Tiger will do them through the forwards.

I wouldn't say that the Tigers should start favourites because Sunnybank are a very good all round side but I know the Tigers will put in a gutsy never say die effort and you can't ask for anything more from your team.

TT - do you feel the Tigers lack a genuine #7? Milosovic is a talented youngster but has played most of his ball at #6/ #8... Not a natural onballer.

Mahina might have a field day at the breakdown.

Thoughts?

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)

Great stuff TT, very emotive... You should use some of it in a pre game speech to fire up the boys.

Couple of things though. You won't be 6&1 until after the weekend and no need to claim favouritism for the other team each week. We get it, Easts are the perennial underdogs who fight off adversity each week to snatch victory from the jaws of the defeat against the highly fancied opponents.

T

Tigers Tale

TT - do you feel the Tigers lack a genuine #7? Milosovic is a talented youngster but has played most of his ball at #6/ #8. Not a natural onballer.

Mahina might have a field day at the breakdown.

Thoughts?

"Slow to the BD" you might be right. In some games this year Milo was #6 & Gunn was #7 which effectively gave them 2x#7(take note Cheika) and it worked well, but Milo is young, fit and keen - more than anyone will get that self belief from the Bros game.

Good sides have a mix of experience, youth and hardness - Milo ticks two of those boxes.

T

Tigers Tale

Great stuff TT, very emotive. You should use some of it in a pre game speech to fire up the boys.

Couple of things though. You won't be 6&1 until after the weekend and no need to claim favouritism for the other team each week. We get it, Easts are the perennial underdogs who fight off adversity each week to snatch victory from the jaws of the defeat against the highly fancied opponents.

You are correct RH that should be 5&1.

Yes the tigers like flying under the radar because historically people don't rate the tigers - we don't know anything but being the underdog - but I don't think we'd have it any other way.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
Elias Power is also a very mobile #8... having played #7 at Norths and Brothers previously, so almost 3 x #7 out there in the Blue & Gold.

Very happy for him to see he has found a home and performing in Prem grade week in week out. Good bloke. A little bit psycho to ride a bicycle from Brisbane to Adelaide or wherever it was.... but I suppose that's what helps him play decent football. Determination!!

BUT with the weather the way it is... having a smaller, mobile back row might be counter productive when all you want is size trucking it forward.

Whatever happens, I'm sure there will be some great footy played over the weekend.

Stay safe on the roads people!!

GO THE KIWIS!!!!

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
GB, I'm surprised you're picking the Brethren over the Students for tomorrow. I thought most would be expecting a University win.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth - I'll give your guys the kiss of death too.

I recon Brothers will down the Red Heavies, because I think your set piece will dominate Uni and in these wet conditions that will nearly be game set and match.

Off the back of scrum penalties Greene will build a score and I recon you will pick up a penalty try or two.

TrainerGB

Ward Prentice (10)
I think UQ are going through a flat patch.... have no idea why I think that....
I mean UQ have won, but not overly convincingly.
They just don't seem as dominant as in the previous seasons. I think they are similar to GPS in being victims of their own success i.e. losing players to rep duty.
I wouldn't push them out of a top 4 spot come finals football though!

What I've seen of Brothers, has impressed me.
The games they have lost, they have only just lost.
The physical nature of their play and the ability to make points out of nothing is impressive.
The club as a whole has some quality depth (and I mean depth as in quality not just quantity) so the boys who run on in Prem grade know there are players nipping at their heals.
AND they aren't as affected by rep duties in 2015 as the other top 5 clubs.

I think Brothers will make the big stage at the end of the season.

I DO think they will be affected by rep duties in 2016-2017 though so if they want it, it will have to be this year.

T

Tigers Tale

Good point TGB - Elias is all you say he is - incredibly fit/strong, good footballer & by all accounts great bloke.

He has found a good home at Tigerland and there wasn't a happier bloke in the shed after the game last week than Elias Power - given his time at Crosby.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Any clubs pulled the pin on games yet? Sounds like GPS are keen to at least play all Premier games at Yoku, although I get a feeling most games will go ahead.

Although, apparently heaviest rainfalls supposed to happen tonight so may be some early morning cancellations for the lower grade dew sweepers.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
The premier games (colts reggies and prems) has been moved to Sunday at brothers
The best result possible except for those who had a big arvo infront of the box for maywether v manny

T

Tigers Tale

Gee GPS just can't buy a trick in 2015 - this weather does not go well for their ladies day.

Despite some of my views posted last week I do feel for the club with the current weather as a lot of effort would have gone into organising the day.

It is not going to be pleasant at the Rugby tomorrow.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Just swap the high heels for wellys. Use buckets instead of Champagne flutes and a game of touch at half time. Bob's your uncle.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just swap the high heels for wellys. Use buckets instead of Champagne flutes and a game of touch at half time. Bob's your uncle.

Don't need Wellys. Here is this seasons must have footwear for the wet Ladies Day.
f000feb3ed3122f7f42ab7cedf4f4d62.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.