• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tigers Tale

If I was Mick Heenan I wouldn't be happy rising this morning seeing sunshine knowing my club had just given away a home game to my arch rival.

It did seem like a very early call - some might say too early - was made.

Surely Bros won't add insult to Uni fans by charging them a $5 and serving warm beer.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
All games, barring juniors are being played at yoku today. A good result for the club.

In the uni v Bros department, I really feel for the 50 odd guys involved in prem colts, having to kickoff at 1230 just before the big fight!

The Adjudicator

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not picking on uni here but they have the worst record when it comes to bad weather and cancelling games. Not just of rugby but all sports they see 1 drop of rain and the cancellations come out.

Good to see that Easts and GPS still going ahead with games today, from what i saw the train bridge near easts was flooded pretty badly last night so to keep the games on was a big call.

Suns out, hope they get a big crowd since most other sports are cancelled today.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
The decision to close the fields is not made by the uni rugby club its made the university. It's a shared facility all year around so there is not much we can do.

The brothers home game is the biggest of the year and it's a huge loss for the club to not be able to play it home but a Sunday game at brothers is the next best result. You do not want be playing this game on a Tuesday night in between 2 other games with the amount of extra physicality involved.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Gee Easts continue to improve. They closed out the match well today. Lots of like about them. I did think the Bank would have been hassling them a lot more than they did. Fair to say both teams were missing a few players for rep rugby rugby, etc
Another flop for GPS...

T

Tigers Tale

Great effort by the Tigers to back up yesterday with another win.

It was their biggest score for this year.

Despite now leading the competition after 8 rounds they are still not assured of a Welsby Cup spot.

Even Bros could make it into the top 2 after 9 rounds.

swillo5

Bob McCowan (2)
Dragons played worst game in a long time yesterday. fell off tackles, knocked on and turned over more than twice as much ball as previous weeks. Very uncharacteristic and poor performance. One of those days.

That said, Tigers played well and deserved the win. Very hard at the breakdown, well drilled and out enthused the dragons. Tigers 12 was a standout

Breakdown

Charlie Fox (21)
Great effort by the Tigers to back up yesterday with another win.

It was their biggest score for this year.

Despite now leading the competition after 8 rounds they are still not assured of a Welsby Cup spot.

Even Bros could make it into the top 2 after 9 rounds.
Match report TT?

T

Tigers Tale

Match report:
Easts won in what was Jonny Wilders 100th Prem Cap and Andrew Krelle came on for a five minute cameo (his 50th Prem cap) kick two difficult goal kicks(conv & pen).

It was a great game, Easts went to the break with a 27-19 lead after Snbk had lead 12-0, and when the Tigers scored first in the second half at the 60 min mark to lead 34-19, despite that Sunnybank scored next to get back to an 8 point margin Brandon iced the result with two further penalties for the Tiger to run out with a 40-26 victory and become the inaugural holders of the Rick Tyrrell Cup.

Both sides scored 4 tries with the difference being the goal kicking of Krelle and Brandon.

There was a lovely spirit to the day and a number of the Sunnybank team/mgt stayed on for some Tiger hospitality and joined a large number of faithful in the club house for some après-rugby. I think that was a tribute to Rick Tyrrell -RIP our friend.

I just think Easts were just a little hungrier particularly at the breakdown. For me the Easts back 5 forwards have been the main reason Easts sit on top of the ladder - long way from home though in QPR15 and the top 5 is still crazy tight.

Stand out for Sunnybank was their #7 - Chazz M, and Jake McIntyre looked calm under pressure and directed things well. I think he has a better all round game than Greene.

The game is up on the reds website.

T

Tigers Tale

With today's game about to kick off I think Sam Greene has to stand up and control the game in order to get the Filth home.

He has one of the best packs in front of him, and some of the best outside backs in the comp he needs to be the link, and his support play (circa 1st half last week) is just part of what is required from him.

I think the 2015 Greene is better than the 2013/14 version.

T

Tigers Tale

Uni 28 def Bros 25

Table after round 8 ( with South v Wests to be played.

1 Easts 29 (6/1) Round 9 v Bond @ Bottomley
2 Bond 27/28 (6/1)
3 Uni 26/27 (6/1) v Snbk @ Oldmac
4 Snbk 26 (5/2)
5 Bros 21/22 (3/4) v Souths @ Crosby

Despite the fact that Bros seem close I would be worried about the 4 losses - 1 or 2 more losses and 2015 might be over for those from Crosby.

Having said that given Bros bonus points it probably equates to only 3 losses but that still means that they could only afford to drop a further 2 in the last 10 rounds - tough position to find yourself. It would be a great effort and maybe this Filth side has the talent to do so but they are making it hard for themselves.

T

Tigers Tale

I don't like helping out other clubs but maybe the Filth should bring back Jack Webby to partner Greene in the halves because something just isn't working there and it couldn't be the "Great Greene"!!!!

The bloke that played #9 for Bros v Easts didn't do much.

Oh how the Filth are missing the experience and leadership of Dave Campbell!!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
TT you must be a happy man. Your Tigers seem to be the real deal in 2015. No more underdog status from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

TT you must be a happy man. Your Tigers seem to be the real deal in 2015. No more underdog status from now on.

Jets nothing has been achieved yet far to early to be the real deal but pleased to see them winning games.

The tigers are always the underdogs!!!!!

T

Tigers Tale

Looking forward to Sam Cox and Sam Fattal returning to Tigerland this Saturday.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sambo is obviously doing a great job there. He's a good man to have in charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

Tigers Tale

Sambo is obviously doing a great job there. He's a good man to have in charge.

Jets you would know as well as anyone the human qualities that Sambo brings to the role.

Both Sambo and Richards before him are wonderful man managers, and really set out about having the Prem team connected with the wider club community.

The shame about 2015 is that they only have 4 more home games for the juniors to get behind the side - Bond this weekend and then only 3 in the second round(Nths, Uni & Bros).

Status
Not open for further replies.