• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nah was a tough encounter, but nothing to major was good to get the W.

And yes Phil kite to the nest. For a mid season switch to GPS if reds don't let him play for a few weeks haha I'm calling it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
Will Phil Kite play for GPS?

We'll have him - he was a prolific try scorer for a front rower when he played for GPS back about 2012/13.

Yeah as mentioned, Phil is with Norths. Apparently he was due to debut there last weekend before being called away to join the reds.
His brother Sio is the Norths Prems Forwards Coach.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nah surely u would put 1. Aj 2. Tonga 3. Phil ?? That would be a pretty ridiculous front row..... but still reckon he will jump ship to the glue factory! When norths stop paying his 1k a week payments hahahaha

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
That GPS forward pack are scary. 2 scrum pushover tries plus a maul try. Unless Souths were just terrible.

Reactions: gws

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
I reckon the scrum could be the key for us up against Uni this week.

It is one area that Uni look pretty weak in with not much firepower in their prop department.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon the scrum could be the key for us up against Uni this week.

It is one area that Uni look pretty weak in with not much firepower in their prop department.

Maybe you'll be proved correct but I think regardless of Saturday's result Uni are still the benchmark team in 2017.

baldwid

Stan Wickham (3)
I know that this is slightly off topic and on the wrong thread but this is the thread I follow so I thought I would post here.

Is there anyway we can cut the ARU and the Board adrift and run a rugby competition in Australia without them - Shute and QPR combined? Or can we somehow launch a coup of the Board?

I cannot stomach watching Australian Rugby continually shit itself and go backwards.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I know that this is slightly off topic and on the wrong thread but this is the thread I follow so I thought I would post here.

Is there anyway we can cut the ARU and the Board adrift and run a rugby competition in Australia without them - Shute and QPR combined? Or can we somehow launch a coup of the Board?

I cannot stomach watching Australian Rugby continually shit itself and go backwards.

You mean like if they went 'backwards' and rebuild their whole competition around club football?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Apparently went out on the booze after the game last week and missed a recovery session.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Article says the session they didn't attend was not compulsory.

Doesn't sound like they broke any team rules and haven't done anything stupid on the piss.

Sounds more to me like the media trying to gee up them being dropped. I've seen plenty of Reds and visiting players out and about after games.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is the Frisby & Ready affair the first signs that Stiles is feeling the pressure of the lack of wins?

Didn't Graham get punted after a 1&3 start to 2016.

I am not for one minute saying that Stiles deserves the same treatment I am just saying that coaching is a tough game, especially coaching an Aust Super Rugby side.

Regardless I am sure GPS & Easts will be glad to welcome back these guys for tough opponents in Uni & Snbk(respectively).

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
In terms of the Reds - how much of the accountability rests with the coach and how much with the recruitment manager? Or the players?

baldwid

Stan Wickham (3)
You mean like if they went 'backwards' and rebuild their whole competition around club football?

Yes. Firstly I would not consider it backwards.
Secondly, I would play the NRC as the national competition, moving on from Super Rugby, with Clubs being direct feeders like the Q-Cup in League.

We could then play a 'Heineken Cup' style competition against the best from NZ and SA.

When will the administrators realize that Free to Air and a national competition that taps into tribalism, are the keys to success.

Anyone who says we dont have the depth are completely insane.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am confident that Wests will get through the "bye" unscathed but what are peoples thoughts on the two top 4 clashes this weekend?

Will Uni & Sunnybank start favourites? Or can GPS & Easts return to their 2013 levels when they finished the regular season 1 & 2?

The return of Frisby & Ready to club footy will be interesting sub-plots in both games.

I think that both GPS and Easts(incl. Ready) will endeavour to assert their authority up front - so it will be interesting to see how Uni & Sunnybank respond to that challenge.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Former QPR players in the Brumbies side - Toua, Banks, Butler, Arnold, Enever - all blokes the Reds Recruitment didn't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.