• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ok fine. lets kick Norths out then for not having 3rd/4th grades.

I am arguing against this idea simply because

1).Logan made the investment in the facility,
2) the cattle #'s increases when they are allowed to play on premier ranch
3) this game is already being run by a bunch of dbag suits and ties whether thats the QRU board or Bill Pulver & his henchmen down in Sydney. I don't see this as a Logan centric problem with lack of teams but rather the grassroots strategy of growing the game of rugby being mothballed so that the corporate wigs can focus on their own individual wages & bonuses ect. (I would rather QRU continue their path for the inclusion of the Saints into premier competition & give them the required support <which looks like they are doing> rather then overreact to what a bunch of pundits are saying on the G&Gforums)

Sorry bulldog I know you mean well. I just have strong feelings on the Saints finally getting their chance & embracing the opportunity.

SX I want to see the Saints succeed (I.e. be sustainable) but it has to be done right - set up to be successful not set up to fail.

T

TOCC

Yes it needs to succeed, Brisbane can't afford to be like Sydney and lose the growth corridors of Ipswich and Logan to other codes, their needs to be a rugby union presence in the area, QRU and ARU need to assist to make sure the club has the right structure to succeed. AFL has made massive inroads, and the NRL has established the Broncos Academy in Logan 18months ago as well... Wait another 5 or 6 years and it will be too late.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yeah I think Logan need to be added. They've made huge changes over the last decade and deserve the chance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And we should be looking again at bringing Sunshine Coast and Ipswich into QPR/Brisbane Rugby.

And a Toowoomba side would be good to see but they all at least have to field a side in each premier division - preferably to have 2 colts teams.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Be too hard for sunny coast. The politics up there is stupid between club comp and when stingrays were there. Its a shame alot of lads playing prems from the coast

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Heading up with 5 chums to the tahs reds tonight. We're also heading to the brothers uni game for our first Brisbane club game. After a long lunch at Rutgers restaurant we plan on hitting the infamous David croft can bar. Any social etiquette I need to be aware of at said can bar? Can't wait

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
You just need to have good manners for the cast of Wallaby veterans who will be behind the bar & BBQ - it's great that these guys support their club in this way.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Loved watching how Wests responded today against Souths after that gut wrenching loss last week at Yoku Rd.

The dogs were in a 10-nil hole and responded with 31 points unanswered. All the tries seemed to come off counter attack deep in their own half. It really was an exciting afternoon of footy.

I do not have the final score handy but the dogs score 60 plus and Souths scored 30 something I believe .

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Good win on the weekend by Wests. They'll surprise many teams this year.
Heard they had a good crowd down at Sylvan. Brothers had a good crowd as well, just a pity the scoreboard was so far apart, as Bros certainly didn't give up, Uni were just better on the day.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
After 6 rounds the top 5 is predictably Uni, GPS, Snbk, Easts & Bros with Wests in 6th position.

Wests finish the first round of H&A with Easts, Bond & Norths. There are a number of Top 5 clashes in rounds 7-9. I won't say it but a good few weeks from the Bulldogs would be nice.

Starting with reclaiming the Paul Mooney Cup this weekend- we won it back at Kenmore for the first time in many years last year but handed it back at Bottomley in the second 2016 clash.

Having held it in 2016 & with Phil back around the club it should mean something to the current group of players.

Tim Smith might be back for the Tigers this week also.

It's a great time & opportunity to head to Bottomley this weekend.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
After 6 rounds the top 5 is predictably Uni, GPS, Snbk, Easts & Bros with Wests in 6th position.

Wests finish the first round of H&A with Easts, Bond & Norths. There are a number of Top 5 clashes in rounds 7-9. I won't say it but a good few weeks from the Bulldogs would be nice.

Starting with reclaiming the Paul Mooney Cup this weekend- we won it back at Kenmore for the first time in many years last year but handed it back at Bottomley in the second 2016 clash.

Having held it in 2016 & with Phil back around the club it should mean something to the current group of players.

Tim Smith might be back for the Tigers this week also.

It's a great time & opportunity to head to Bottomley this weekend.
Werent to optimistic a couple weeks ago bulldog haha good to see you finally backing them. They have a solid side this year

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would rather he pull on a Bulldog jersey this Saturday at Bottomley Park but why would the Reds choose to play Duncan Paia'aua at #15 (if Hunt is ruled out) and not Lachie Maranta who has only been given that one game against the Brumbies when he didn't do too much wrong whilst others lost the plot around him.

If they want to play Magnay in the centres then drop Paia'aua and play Magnay @ #13 & Maranta @ #15.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Status
Not open for further replies.