• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Watched the club live feed for the first time. Good pictures but stop laughing at your own jokes in commentary. Turned the sound down after 20 minutes !

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
How is GPS v UQ not the Match of the Round this weekend? 1 v 2 would be a far better spectacle than 6 v 8. Doesn't make sense. Has Sunnybank had a Fox game yet?

Match of round was closer than Uni v GPS - pretty scrappy affair though - how was GPS - UNI??

K974

Allen Oxlade (6)
Well, it was one of his mixed bag games, pulled off some stuff no one else can, made some big tackles, missed a few tackles & made some game changing stuff ups. It's the risk v reward that comes with QC (Quade Cooper) territory, some love it, me included, some hate it.
But yeah, I agree. It's why he's not playing at the higher level.

Ya I love the stuff he can do as well, it’s a pity that seeing as a 10 who also kicks he is so flaky with his core duties
I think 60 odd caps is a huge haul for 10 who is so flaky and poor with game management
That said when he’s on , it’s sinply great to watch

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Oracle possibly you could take a glass half full approach to this - conceivably teams could be a bit off after the week break.

When finals roll around in the next few weeks we will be talking about whether it is really beneficial to have a week off or to play ever week?

Very surprised by Dogs scoreline today Bulldog what’s the match report - thought they might have been in that one???!

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
North’s 40 v brothers 31. Duncan, Reece, Chappo, Jooste were all fantastic however whoe team fronted up. Brothers great in close north’s killed them out wide . Well done north’s 3 wins in a row against our northern neighbours.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm surprised how few regular Reds players turned out for clubs in Premier grade today. Based on the team lists in rugby link (not sure if these are completely accurate) it seems Sorovi and McDermott, the 2 halfbacks both played, as well as Duncan P, and Harry Hoopert - good on them, especially Duncan P who has played a lot of Super Rugby this season and been a strong performer. Is there some required 'rest time' for Super Rugby players before NRC starts or was it deemed too disruptive to the teams to have Super Rugby players coming back? I expected to see a lot of the non Wallabies players turning out for their clubs.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Penguin - as a matter of interest - how have you rated Karmichael Hunt's contribution in his first two games for the Magpies?

Do you think that QC (Quade Cooper) & KH will play for BC in the NRC? (Apologies for all of the acronyms!!)

More so do you think that they would even want to?

If they don't who will BC play at #10, #12 or #15? Given Hamish Stewart, Duncan Paia'aua, James Tuttle, Matt Gordon, etc have all run out for Qld Country in previous years.

That leaves you with the likes of James Dalglish, Izzac Lucas, Jake Strachan in line for those BC spots - whilst all are outstanding contributors to QPR they probably aren't up to leading a side to an NRC title. Maybe Lachie Maranta or Brett Gillespie might have to sure up the BC midfield. Would Dion Taumata get a look in?

I think Hunt bought some positives in his 1st two games, obviously feeling his way back after an extended break & new teammates. His defence as always solid & some nice touches in attack. By far his best game was today against the Dragons, some deft passing & lovely little kicks behind contributing to tries & solid defence, good in the ruck. All at outside centre! I don't believe he's played there in his time in rugby?
I really wish he never had the white line habit he seems to have bought from his AFL days on the coast..... He could have been one of the best converts. Great football brain & hard.

I'd love to see them both in the NRC, if only to help raise the playing standard of all & pass on knowledge & professional standards to up & comers. I reckon they would definitely want to, it's obvious they just love playing the game to me.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
So thats the final 4 all locked up?
Uni get the minor premiership but anyone of GPS, Souths, Easts could still finish 2nd by my reckoning.
Also looks like Sunnybank will get the spoon for the first time ever unless Wests go real crazy against Brothers next weekend for old boys day

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
How did this GPS player receive absolutely no sanction for this blatant foul play but when the Souths player reacted to this attack to the head, he received a red card and a three week suspension. Souths had to cite the GPS player to get any review of the incident and the QRU judiciary committee found that he had not committed any offence that warranted a sanction. An absolute joke!!
b13f3dd2f0dbabeb0137578e751f003d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
How did this GPS player receive absolutely no sanction for this blatant foul play but when the Souths player reacted to this attack to the head, he received a red card and a three week suspension. Souths had to cite the GPS player to get any review of the incident and the QRU judiciary committee found that he had not committed any offence that warranted a sanction. An absolute joke!!
b13f3dd2f0dbabeb0137578e751f003d.jpg

That’s a yellow card every day of the week... but 2 wrongs don’t make a right. IF the Souths boy retaliated with fists & got suspension then the punishment is warranted.

I don’t like to point fingers but someone mentioned previously Souths is a very ill discipline team.

I just hope my bet with UBET on the magpies to win the grand final isn’t ruined by some kind of hot head. Who ends up in the bin and ruins it for the 14 teammates of his on the field

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
That’s a yellow card every day of the week. but 2 wrongs don’t make a right. IF the Souths boy retaliated with fists & got suspension then the punishment is warranted.

I don’t like to point fingers but someone mentioned previously Souths is a very ill discipline team.

I just hope my bet with UBET on the magpies to win the grand final isn’t ruined by some kind of hot head. Who ends up in the bin and ruins it for the 14 teammates of his on the field

You're right that two wrongs don't make a right, & the Souths 8man shouldn't have retaliated, though he got him a good one! But a coathanger off the ball just a yellow? Nah, at least an equivalent 3 weeks.

warhorse

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You're right that two wrongs don't make a right, & the Souths 8man shouldn't have retaliated, though he got him a good one! But a coathanger off the ball just a yellow? Nah, at least an equivalent 3 weeks.
Retaliate? Listen to the referee microphone on the replay. He says he saw the Souths player's action and calls the GPS player as taking a dive. It was at the referee's assistant's insistence that he took any action at all.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Retaliate? Listen to the referee microphone on the replay. He says he saw the Souths player's action and calls the GPS player as taking a dive. It was at the referee's assistant's insistence that he took any action at all.

I watched on the live stream on day & replayed the incident a couple of times. The GPS player hit him off the ball & high. Souths 8 turned & punched him a couple of times & laid him out. Thats retaliation by definition. I heard the ref say that he's saw the incident himself & called it back in a break in play. Quirk got a soft red card for punching the night before against the Reds, Souths 8 was always going to get a red card for that, punching is on zero tolerance. GPS 12 definitely deserved sanction to though.

Status
Not open for further replies.