• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Reds 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I have heard that Rudi has a long term injury and he is not likely to play again. Not to sure how much truth is in that.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Jets said:
I have heard that Rudi has a long term injury and he is not likely to play again. Not to sure how much truth is in that.

I've heard that he has already established his own business and all that jazz to secure his life after rugby, doubt he'll be back.

T

TOCC

At least the Reds look like a professional team when they travel these days, I still remember the Reds returning from the 90 point flogging by the bulls and they looked like a dejected bunch of nobodies, everyone was in there own civilian gear.
ztic.jpg

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
TOCC said:
At least the Reds look like a professional team when they travel these days, I still remember the Reds returning from the 90 point flogging by the bulls and they looked like a dejected bunch of nobodies, everyone was in there own civilian gear.
ztic.jpg

That lounge looks awfully familiar - Brissie QANTAS Club by any chance?

D

Doc

Jets said:

Saw him a few nights ago. Would also have to pull off a Geoff Huegill to play again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
looks like he's reading The Courier Mail. He'd be hard pressed to find a rugby story. However if wanted to read about some former Bronco reserve grade player, TCM's the place.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
gulp. Losing Quade and Hynes? Surely it won't be so.

Australia and Queensland Reds playmaker Quade Cooper has received a lucrative offer from a leading French club, but he cannot make a decision on his future until the ARU provides him with an indication of the value of his contract renewal.

It is understood the ARU has told Cooper it will not make an offer for a top-up to his Super 14 contract until his court case on a burglary charge is heard on July 2.

But the French need an answer from Cooper within the next 10 days and club officials will meet with him in South Africa next week.

If the French club withdraws its offer, Cooper will probably be left with only one option if he is forced to wait until July before he knows what the ARU is prepared to pay.

Arguably the form five-eighth not just in Australia, but in the whole Super 14, Cooper is in a strong position to command a decent top-up from the ARU, especially as he has outplayed All Black five-eights Dan Carter (Crusaders) and Stephen Donald (Chiefs) this season.

The ARU probably thinks Cooper is bluffing and that his priority will be to play for the Wallabies in the World Cup in New Zealand next year. But at 21, Cooper is young enough to play in another two World Cups.

If Cooper was seriously looking at playing in France, now would be a good time to go because of increasing restrictions on foreign players in the best French competition, the Top 14.

After next year's World Cup, Cooper would also potentially compete with more experienced five-eighths such as Carter, Matt Giteau and Berrick Barnes for high-paying jobs in Europe.

If Cooper remains in Australia, he would then have to decide whether to stay with the Reds or join his close friends James O'Connor and David Pocock at Western Force.

There is speculation that if Cooper joined the Force, Reds and Wallabies winger Peter Hynes may follow him to Perth if he decides to stay in Australia.

Pocock, who rejected an offer from Melbourne Rebels, is set to recommit to the Force, pending the outcome of his renegotiations with the ARU and receiving an assurance that the Perth-based side will be competitive.

The Force has made an offer to Japan-based former Wallabies utility back Mark Gerrard, who is also being chased by the Rebels.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
Noddy said:
gulp. Losing Quade and Hynes? Surely it won't be so.

If he got convicted could he even travel to France?

Also where did this Force rumor come from? Cooper would be mad to leave a backline with Genia and Ioane among all the other blokes stepping up. I also thought I read a story saying Cooper was keen to repay the loyalty QRU showed him by backing him after the charges first came out.

If he wants to play with Pocock and O'Connor, get them to come east. Especially if Pococks deal with the Force is an assurance they'll 'be competitive'.

Also the reporters use of 'probably thinks'.... is he a reporter or a columnist?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah you're right meatstock (welcome to the board by the way).

The opportunity to play outside Genia must be the biggest negotiating factor. Plus the fact we have Fainga'a, and Diggers and Chambers and Davies all signed to play outside him helps.

As for JOC (James O'Connor) and Pock being mates, well surely he has some pretty good mates at the Reds now too. And after last week's performance would he really want to go and play for them??

Good point about France though. Not sure how it works.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
looks like he's reading The Courier Mail. He'd be hard pressed to find a rugby story. However if wanted to read about some former Bronco reserve grade player, TCM's the place.

Bloody useless paper most of the time. League gets about 3 of the back pages, at least

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think this is more a ploy from Quades management to get the best ARU top up possible. Quade bleeds for the Reds jumper, so it would have to be a bloody good offer from France to persuade him.

On another note, I really hope Gerrard gets signed by either the Rebels or Force.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
agree with both of these. It's probably a bit of a hurry up as well. I can understand the ARU not wanting to do anything until June however.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yep. And forget about his form, Quade has a very good chance of playing 10 for the Wallabies just because he has knocked up a good partnership with the man Genia. I think that counts for alot.

T

TOCC

I want to know whether QLD is going to try and recruit Rocky, i know they lost out on him last year but that was under a different administration and coach at the time, maybe with Link in charge it might be different.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
TOCC said:
I want to know whether QLD is going to try and recruit Rocky, i know they lost out on him last year but that was under a different administration and coach at the time, maybe with Link in charge it might be different.

If I'm not mistaken Link is the man who really developed Rocky so anything is possible.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I doubt this story but if it is true he might be ok in France. Bird got away with playing there and they dont seem to be anywhere near as strict as the English in regards to entry into the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.