• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Teams 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I like the fact that Henry holds the ball in both hands and gives the attack so many options. Easy to see how he has played 10 before and having another playmaker such as Henry would allow Lucas to run the ball a bit more without stunting the attacking line and to me, Lucas’ ability to break the line is probably his biggest strength . I think criticism of hunter is warranted even if it is a bit harsh.
Lucas and Henry just don’t connect. Maybe Hegarty and Henry we could see a different outcome. Lucas has been at flyhalf from Round 1 so doubt a position change to accomodate Henry.

B

Bobby Sands

Queensland Country can still win this comp, so long as they can make the finals.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Might be a bit of player movement in QPR next year with the coaching shuffle:

Carl Marshall to coach Wests;
Sione Fukofeku - leaves Easts for head role @ Snbk;
Mark Bartholomuz to replace Sione @ Easts;
Todd Dammers steps up from colts to Prems @ Souths;
Matho returns to Brothers;

I hear some players following coaches whilst other are looking for new homes including a number of NRC players.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Might be a bit of player movement in QPR next year with the coaching shuffle:

Carl Marshall to coach Wests;
Sione Fukofeku - leaves Easts for head role @ Snbk;
Mark Bartholomuz to replace Sione @ Easts;
Todd Dammers steps up from colts to Prems @ Souths;
Matho reruns to Brothers;

I hear some players following coaches whilst other are looking for new homes including a number of NRC players.

Ahh the old loyalty to club vs. loyalty to coach dilemma.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/10/01/nrc-rising-star-round5-harry-wilson

"That talent has been on display from the outset in this season’s NRC, where Wilson leads the competition for ball carries, shares the most offloads with Queensland Reds squad-mate, Brisbane City captain and last week’s Rising Star nominee Fraser McReight, and quite incredibly, is in the top five for metres gained. And that last stat is worth pausing on. Wilson, in fifth on 336 metres from five games, trails four outside backs: Brisbane City’s Jordan Luke, Western Force flyer Jonah Placid, NSW Country fullback Tim Clements, and Queensland Country speedster Filipo Daugunu in top spot."

“I know he’s got a kicking game there, but I keep telling him that I don’t want to see it,” Seib laughs."

:)

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
Lucas and Henry just don’t connect. Maybe Hegarty and Henry we could see a different outcome. Lucas has been at flyhalf from Round 1 so doubt a position change to accomodate Henry.
If you watche game Henry started Lucas and he combined nicely.
Hard to connect from the bench

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/10/01/nrc-rising-star-round5-harry-wilson

"That talent has been on display from the outset in this season’s NRC, where Wilson leads the competition for ball carries, shares the most offloads with Queensland Reds squad-mate, Brisbane City captain and last week’s Rising Star nominee Fraser McReight, and quite incredibly, is in the top five for metres gained. And that last stat is worth pausing on. Wilson, in fifth on 336 metres from five games, trails four outside backs: Brisbane City’s Jordan Luke, Western Force flyer Jonah Placid, NSW Country fullback Tim Clements, and Queensland Country speedster Filipo Daugunu in top spot."

“I know he’s got a kicking game there, but I keep telling him that I don’t want to see it,” Seib laughs."

:)

Also 11th in the comp in defenders beaten and 16th for Tackles made. Does it on both sides of the ball.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
OMG. Why have they taken Henry off??

He was in everything and they will miss his defence.

He goes off and BOOM. TRY!!

Henry and Passami need ball and the forwards aren’t doing it!!

Unless he is injured this will hurt

B

Bobby Sands

QLD Country need Carter Gordon back asap. Can't rely on Harry Wilson any more than we already do.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
It would appear from the table that it is still possible that BC & QC (Quade Cooper) can still make the finals is that correct?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks Reg - better get out to Bottomley & support BC on Saturday then!

Tough challenge for QC (Quade Cooper) in Fiji.

Both games appear to being played at the same time.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
What's Jordan Luke's history and situation? Has been finishing really well for City this season. Looks like he'd be worth inviting to pre-season

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
agree, I've been impressed with him. Think he's a kiwi? But looks a very solid finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.