• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD U16s 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

AICgossip2014

Frank Nicholson (4)
Technically sua is still 15 rugbyfan turning 16 end of year. Fine young man and sportsman to match. Also with Broncs. Well down Churchie as a good source tells me he has knocked back interest from schools in the past.

i believe su'a, ponga, lanskey, perese and glynn all league players are very very good players going around at the moment. i believe lots of people are underestimating the talent that these rugby league players have

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
i believe su'a, ponga, lanskey, perese and glynn all league players are very very good players going around at the moment. i believe lots of people are underestimating the talent that these rugby league players have

Totally agree with this statement. Churchie have Mack Mason and Harley Fox who have been questioned by many before the season on GPS 2013 thread if they would be able to step up being league players. These two players along with Izaia Perese would have to be up there with the best in their positions. League players throughout the GPS have stepped up from all teams as they have solid skills

rugby fail

Bob McCowan (2)
kyle leofa has pulled out of QLD U16 Red team due to doctor and physio advise, had operation on ankle about 5 weeks ago and still in a moon boot.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Inside center Lachlan Folds has been called up to Queensland White in his first year of rugby union after an exceptional performance with the QJRU State Championship winners, Brisbane Green. Folds is already contracted with the Melbourne Storm and had a chat with a Queensland Reds rep shortly after he was named in the Brisbane City side to play the Country team this Friday.

He also picked up a handy scholarship to BBC but it is undecided if he will accept it since he lives at Redcliffe and it means he will have to repeat Grade 11 next year.

It looks like this young man will have to make some code choices in the future. Let's hope he makes the right one.

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
Inside center Lachlan Folds has been called up to Queensland White in his first year of rugby union after an exceptional performance with the QJRU State Championship winners, Brisbane Green. Folds is already contracted with the Melbourne Storm and had a chat with a Queensland Reds rep shortly after he was named in the Brisbane City side to play the Country team this Friday.

He also picked up a handy scholarship to BBC but it is undecided if he will accept it since he lives at Redcliffe and it means he will have to repeat Grade 11 next year.

It looks like this young man will have to make some code choices in the future. Let's hope he makes the right one.
Most definitely one of the most natural gifted talents I've coached in a long time. He was very good centre pairing with Aaron Potini in the Un 16 Green squad that tore the carnival apart. Totally agree has the world at his feet and is very well grounded for his age. Whatever he decides he'll be name we will hear in the future hopefully in the 15 man game.

Heavens game

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've only just started following schoolboy rep rugby, so can some one who has been around for a while explain something ?

The QLD Red and White teams have already been picked for the national championships in starting late September.
But the QLD state championships (incl U16) are not being held until about the same time (not sure of date?)

The QLD Red and White teams seem to be exclusively GPS and AIC players. Surely there will be some worthy players on display at the State championships.
Seems to be unfair on the regional players to pick the QLD rep teams before the state champs.

NSW seems to have 3 teams NSW Country, NSW Schools & Sydney Juniors

Is this the way it has always been ?
Food for thought maybe a Qjru side picked from carnival depth is immense and promotes keeping a lot of these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.