• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD U16s 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Queensland Reds
Josvyn SOKIMI, Ipswich Grammar School
Alex HORAN, St Josephs College, Gregory Terrace
Angus SCOTT- YOUNG, Anglican Church Grammar School
Brodie CROFT, St Josephs College, Toowoomba
Calvin PRITCHARD, St Josephs College, Nudgee
Clifton SETU, St Edmunds College
Connor MORONEY, St Josephs College, Gregory Terrace
Darcy SWAIN, Brisbane Boys College
Dean BENDER, Toowoomba Grammar School
Eli PILZ, St Josephs College, Nudgee
Gavin LUKA, St Josephs College, Nudgee
Harry NUCIFORA, Anglican Church Grammar School
Izaia PERESE, Anglican Church Grammar School
Jackson EVANS, St Josephs College, Nudgee
Josh WEBB, Anglican Church Grammar School
Kyle LEOFA, St Josephs College, Gregory Terrace
Peter FLITCROFT, Pacific Lutheran College
Reece HEWAT, St Josephs College, Nudgee
Regan GLYNN, St Patricks College
Shambeckler VUI, Ipswich Grammar School
Toby GREENUP, The Southport School
Tuaina TUALIMA, Brisbane SHS
Tyrone SOUTHORN, Brisbane SHS

Coach, Jason GILMORE
Assistant Coach, Anthony CONNELLAN
Assistant Coach, Michael LUCAS
Manager, Ben LOWRIE

Queensland Whites
Agassi STOWERS, St Josephs College, Nudgee
Ben GUNTER, Brisbane Boys College
Carter AULD, St Edmunds College
Connor CHRISTENSEN, Rockhampton Grammar School
Connor GENTILE, Padua College
Cooper MACKENZIE, The Southport School
Daniel BYRNE, Marist College, Ashgrove
Eddie MCCORLEY, Brisbane Grammar School
Enoka KALAPU, Brisbane SHS
Harry PARCELL, Ipswich Grammar School
Jack LODDER, St Josephs College, Gregory Terrace
Jayden CARROLL, Iona College
Jeremy GIMPEL, Anglican Church Grammar School
Jordan LENAC, The Southport School
Kain HUMPHRIES, St Edmunds College
Kendric FELU, Villanova College
Liam CLIFTON, The Southport School
Liam WRIGHT, Anglican Church Grammar School
Lucas PALMER, Brisbane Boys College
Maranatha AJ RAELI, Ipswich Grammar School
Navar HERBERT, Keebra Park SHS
Sam EDWARDS, Brisbane Boys College
Tyler CAMPBELL, The Southport School

Coach, Rob DONAGHUE
Assistant Coach, David MILES
Assistant Coach, Tyrell BARKER
Manager, Michael GRICE

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Here is a breakdown of the representation by schools with greater than one player...

Anglican Church Grammar School 6
St Josephs College, Nudgee 6
The Southport School 5
Brisbane Boys College 4
Ipswich Grammar School 4
St Josephs College, Gregory Terrace 4
Brisbane SHS 3
St Edmunds College 3

Is it just coincidence that the school with the most represntation also has the head coach?

I believe the same representation levels occurred last year with the same coach but different school. I know it is a different age group but must say that the prior school got the second most representation last year and this year they get one boy into the squads. And then the coach's current school got nil representation last year in the u16's when he was not there and this year get the equal most.

GPS schools get 74% of the representation and AIC get 17%. The different seasons really do have an effect on form and consideration.

Just looking at schools and some of the movement that occurred this year, I wonder which school all or any of the St Eddies boys will end up next year?

Polar_bear_king

Bob McCowan (2)
Here is a breakdown of the representation by schools with greater than one player.

Anglican Church Grammar School 6
St Josephs College, Nudgee 6
The Southport School 5
Brisbane Boys College 4
Ipswich Grammar School 4
St Josephs College, Gregory Terrace 4
Brisbane SHS 3
St Edmunds College 3

Is it just coincidence that the school with the most represntation also has the head coach?

I believe the same representation levels occurred last year with the same coach but different school. I know it is a different age group but must say that the prior school got the second most representation last year and this year they get one boy into the squads. And then the coach's current school got nil representation last year in the u16's when he was not there and this year get the equal most.

GPS schools get 74% of the representation and AIC get 17%. The different seasons really do have an effect on form and consideration.

Just looking at schools and some of the movement that occurred this year, I wonder which school all or any of the St Eddies boys will end up next year?

Carter Auld will not leave eddies
Clifton Setu might
Kain Humphries wont leave either

#upthenudge

RugbyLover52

Bob McCowan (2)
So, thoughts on Lucas Palmer, Eddie Mccorley and Darcy Swain in the side? Also thoughts on that John Seabrook i think he is a quality player!

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
One suggests that where ever the coaches come from they select majority of there boys in the sides. I would like to point out for the last two years there has been favouritism to the coaches school sides but they have won it for the past two years based on the selection criteria ?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
One suggests that where ever the coaches come from they select majority of there boys in the sides. I would like to point out for the last two years there has been favouritism to the coaches school sides but they have won it for the past two years based on the selection criteria ?

True

RugbyInterest

Herbert Moran (7)
Coaches will always have a bias towards the players they know. The bigger concern I see is using their position to influence players moving schools - best illustrated by Mason, Fox and Perese moving to Churchie this year where the coach has taken up residence.

Natal shark

Peter Burge (5)
But good players follow good coaches to get ahead in life and hopefully they can further there careers later after school good luck to them

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Coaches will always have a bias towards the players they know. The bigger concern I see is using their position to influence players moving schools - best illustrated by Mason, Fox and Perese moving to Churchie this year where the coach has taken up residence.

A valid point. But the real problem is with the QRU not providing schools outside the GPS system with a high quality competition. Until players are able to get similar opportunities to develop at Non-gps schools as they do at GPS schools the problem will continue.

I made a thread about it awhile back, suggesting a term 2 schools competition based on regions, which would allow the traditional GPS and AIC comps to still take place in term 3.

Wizardman89

Frank Row (1)
Thoughts on John Seabrook and Josh Betar. I believe they are a great centre pairing for the BBC 16 A's and had a legimate chance of making QLD. Both Break the Add line and Josh Betar's goal kicking of late has been spot on.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Any predicted run on squads? Mine would be:

QUEENSLAND RED
1. Josvyn Sokimi (IGS)
2. Josh Webb (ACGS)
3. Gavin Luka (NC)
4. Angus Scott-Young (ACGS)
5. Darcy Swain (BBC)
6. Reece Hewatt (NC)
7. Connor Moroney (GT)
8. Kyle Leofa (GT)
9. Harry Nucifora (ACGS)
10. Alex Horan (GT)
11. Regan Glynn (SPC)
12. Calvin Pritchard (NC)
13. Izaia Perese (ACGS)
14. Tyrone Southorn (BSHS)
15. Clifton Setu (SEC)

RugbyLover52

Bob McCowan (2)
Thoughts on John Seabrook and Josh Betar. I believe they are a great centre pairing for the BBC 16 A's and had a legimate chance of making QLD. Both Break the Add line and Josh Betar's goal kicking of late has been spot on.

My thoughts exactly! The teams have sure been upsetting for myself, seeing Lucas Palmer in a side was shocking news. The boy's like Josh Betar and John Seabrook I've seen talent in both boy's and I'm unsure why they were not picked for a side? Eddie Mccorley was another shocker! Things i just couldn't fathom! It does my head in when rugby boys of such caliber are left out of the picture.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
The boy's like Josh Betar and John Seabrook I've seen talent in both boy's and I'm unsure why they were not picked for a side?

Absolutely agree rugbylover, both fine young rugby players, excellent kicking skills, ball skills, and hole running! hoh, they both saved BBC against BGS coming from 10-0 at halftime to winning it 14-10!!!

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Any predicted run on squads? Mine would be:

QUEENSLAND RED
1. Josvyn Sokimi (IGS)
2. Josh Webb (ACGS)
3. Gavin Luka (NC)
4. Angus Scott-Young (ACGS)
5. Darcy Swain (BBC)
6. Reece Hewatt (NC)
7. Connor Moroney (GT)
8. Kyle Leofa (GT)
9. Harry Nucifora (ACGS)
10. Alex Horan (GT)
11. Regan Glynn (SPC)
12. Calvin Pritchard (NC)
13. Izaia Perese (ACGS)
14. Tyrone Southorn (BSHS)
15. Clifton Setu (SEC)

No complaints there, however would have like to have seen Kalyn Ponga (ACGS) and Ben Gunter (BBC) take to the field. Whats the go with Nikau Te Rupe (GT #13) ?From the 3 games that i've seen him play in the firsts this season I would have thought he would have at least made Queensland Whites.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Gunter is in QLD white and will get some good game time. Haven't seen much of him but the BBC lads seem to think he's a similar prospect to Lolo. Big call.

I thought Ponga was 15? Either way, yes he is one to watch. Freak.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No complaints there, however would have like to have seen Kalyn Ponga (ACGS) and Ben Gunter (BBC) take to the field. Whats the go with Nikau Te Rupe (GT #13) ?From the 3 games that i've seen him play in the firsts this season I would have thought he would have at least made Queensland Whites.

I thought Nikau Te Rupe was 17 this year? His name wasn't even in the trial squad.

idaknow

Herbert Moran (7)
Gunter is in QLD white and will get some good game time. Haven't seen much of him but the BBC lads seem to think he's a similar prospect to Lolo. Big call.

I thought Ponga was 15? Either way, yes he is one to watch. Freak.

I was referring to Gunter taking the field in QLD Red as oppose to White. I believe he should be in place of Leofa, who is apparently still hobbling around in a moon boot. The game I saw him play against GT particularly impressed me. Comparing him to Fakaosilea is definitely a big call, hard to compare as they did play in different positions at school. Keeping in mind that Gunter is a monstrous year 10 student I can see the potential.
I thought Nikau Te Rupe was 17 this year? His name wasn't even in the trial squad.

Makes sense, the battle between him and Perese will be interesting come this Saturday.

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
One forward I can see going up to the reds would be Agassi Stowers. Had another big game in the 16A and debut in the firsts with setting up a good try before scoring one himself (NC). He looks to have settled in the union forwards now and plays a really good running game. Not sure if I agree with the selectors on Kyle Leofa esp not having any quality games under his belt this year however they always try to pick a big pack. I think Horan Pritchard and Perese will be a lethal combination in the Nationals. Hewatt will lead the forwards as he brings intensity to the pack. One tough player.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)

Would of thought Big Benny Gunter being in red instead of white, dont think any 15 year olds made it into red or white this year?

Nikau Te Rupe is 17 years old.

RugbyLover52

Bob McCowan (2)
I'd defiently put Ben Gunter in instead of Lucas Palmer, Cooper Mckenzie and Toby Greenup anyday mate.

Mate, Ben Gunter is a MACHINE! I've seen him in action on the field and wow! isn't he mesmerizing, I don't mean to be sucking up to him but, there's noway anyone could say he's an average boy. I love my rugby and Ben Gunter takes size to another level at his age, without Gunter there would be no FIRE in the side. He's an essential in my books. I mean WHAT were those coaches thinking about Lucas Palmer??? Could not express that enough. Some Coaches do need a lesson in Selecting, potential and skill analyses/observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.