• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD U16s 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
Good point. You would think the detail of the u15 state champs was known way before they published the first team announcement date.

Selectors may not be happy with depth of this age group.

Not the case, this is a very strong age group however selectors seem to do this every year to blood a few. Last year they had three in the Qld Whites and one in the Qld Red. Might be the same this year. I noticed the four 15yr olds that made last year are all playing firsts and have been favoured by most to make one of the squads this year.

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good point. You would think the detail of the u15 state champs was known way before they published the first team announcement date.

Selectors may not be happy with depth of this age group.

Correct, IMO there is no depth in the backs, and also some positions in the fowards really lack competition too.

Rugbyfan100

Frank Row (1)
They should have had at least one trial day with GPS boys. The trials were a bit messy IMO But i did notice a couple of non GPS that would have given the selectors something to think about. One in particular was a centre carving up not to mention the hits he put on. Anyone at the trial and know who this is and what school he plays for.

Rah Rah

Frank Row (1)
They should have had at least one trial day with GPS boys. The trials were a bit messy IMO But i did notice a couple of non GPS that would have given the selectors something to think about. One in particular was a centre carving up not to mention the hits he put on. Anyone at the trial and know who this is and what school he plays for.
I think you maybe referring to Jaiden Su'a. He's a league boy who goes to Marsden SHS and plays league for Logan Brothers. He played u16 origin this year.

Rugbyfan100

Frank Row (1)
Thanks mate. So another league player carving. My boy seemed to think he was in qld rugby team last year, maybe that was league. From what I saw would give some of the GPS boys a run for their money. My lad said no one wanted to run his way. Looking forward to team announcement.

Rah Rah

Frank Row (1)
Thanks mate. So another league player carving. My boy seemed to think he was in qld rugby team last year, maybe that was league. From what I saw would give some of the GPS boys a run for their money. My lad said no one wanted to run his way. Looking forward to team announcement.
Yes that's true! He's union raw but took direction well of where to go from the other boy steering him around...
Could be a few league boys filling spots in both teams..

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone know why L Lanskey is not in the trial list? One of the parents at last weeks game said he's doing a league comp in NZ. If this is true then that's a big loss to the squads. Another one to watch out for is Tiwana Biddle from Townsville.

Rugby follower

Watty Friend (18)
No 12 from NC Calvin Pritchard had an absolutely whale of a game today against GT, I am guessing he will be prominent in Qld selections. No 9 from NC had a game he would rather forget. Who are the favourites for the No 9 position?

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
No 12 from NC Calvin Pritchard had an absolutely whale of a game today against GT, I am guessing he will be prominent in Qld selections. No 9 from NC had a game he would rather forget. Who are the favourites for the No 9 position?

From what I hear, it's him and Harry Nucifora from ACGS.

Rugbyfan100

Frank Row (1)
Heard yesterday lanskey isn't available, neither the young sua lad I mentioned. Both on league comps. Shame. Pritchard should get the spot.

Hits74

Frank Nicholson (4)
From what I hear, it's him and Harry Nucifora from ACGS.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. That means Perese may get moved to full back if Wilkins is out? A bit baffled why the Sua kid would turn up to all three trial days knowing he was part of some league camp. no sense

Rugbyfan100

Frank Row (1)
Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. That means Perese may get moved to full back if Wilkins is out? A bit baffled why the Sua kid would turn up to all three trial days knowing he was part of some league camp. no sense
From a whisper i heard yesterday might end up making a lot of sense. I'm gonna be watching this space. Perese gets my nod for fullback if Wilkins out.

Giteau

Frank Row (1)
From a whisper i heard yesterday might end up making a lot of sense. I'm gonna be watching this space. Perese gets my nod for fullback if Wilkins out.

I would lean towards Kalyn Ponga getting the #15 jersey in the absence of Wilkins, maybe get the honour in front of Wilkins

Sam Hauser

Sydney Middleton (9)
I would lean towards Kalyn Ponga getting the #15 jersey in the absence of Wilkins, maybe get the honour in front of Wilkins

There's no way they'd put Kalyn instead of Wilkins, anyway there are plenty of other great fullbacks, Ponga will make the white side, but this isn't his year and he isn't that much of a stand out in his age group either

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Some in on reputation rather than form. But that does happen with a lot of rep selections.

I understand Injuries may yet cause some changes.

Congratulations to all who were selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.