• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade Coopers Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
With the right amount of gym work etc. you can definitely be back up to full fitness in the 6-9 month timespan.

The psychological bit in terms of fully regaining your confidence is the hardest to recover from.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
With the right amount of gym work etc. you can definitely be back up to full fitness in the 6-9 month timespan.

The psychological bit in terms of fully regaining your confidence is the hardest to recover from.
from personal experience I agree but form watching these guys these days they are into it without hesitancy very quickly

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
How about a recovery session in a Melbourne pub? It might help his return if he watched his team play.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
He called the lay-off a ''blessing in disguise'' and said he would return to the field a more ''complete player''.
''I want to be a better player throughout, not just be the same player that's there before,'' Cooper said. ''I'm not taking six to nine months off for no reason so, in that time, I want to work on the skill aspect of my game and the physical aspects of my game, so I want to be in a better physical position than I was and, mentally, be a lot tougher.''

At the risk of stirring things up can I just make the comment that 6 to 9 months on the tackling bags (among other rehab type things) is a blessing in disguise for him and us supporters of Australian rugby.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
So round 10 in NZ is the go apparently. How ironic. Or prophetic.

Wonder what the crowds will be like when he runs out?

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I'd like to say the booing cease and he'll be treated like any other player from another country - respected.

I'd like to say that. I'd like to think that.

But it ain't gonna happen. He'll stil be treated like shit, probably.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, every chance that he will and he'll have to cop it (rightly or wrongly). He can use it to make him stronger or let it get to him, but it won't have any bearing on whether or not Kiwi's intend to give him some stick.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
quades gunna cop booing in nz for the rest of his career
time away from the game has the potential to mature him a bit too, how he handles nz crowds will go a long way to determining their behaviour towards him
id like to see him playing fullback upon his return for a bit, keep him outa the collision zone while he builds confidence

C

Cave Dweller

He is being playing touch rugby so that is a good sign. He said he do not want to rush it.

C

Cave Dweller

That is a good sign. He is ready to resume his usual defensive load, then.
I have been following him on Twitter but you know Aussie rugby players do not answer tweets unless your profile pic is a sexy woman or your another rugby player lol si I do not waste my time tweeting but just follow what he says. But to what I read there he is being working hard and tried to keep his fitness level up. I notice Cippriani dicovered Twitter lol he's being more on there than on the field lol

Status
Not open for further replies.