• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade Coopers Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
It'd be good to see Quade get a bit of game time, even just off the bench, before the Test window, then get a month of quality training with the squad to get back in form and push for a gold jumper and help the team jockey for play-off position.

C

Cave Dweller

scaled.php

He is somewhere in that photo

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What a fucking idiot, why was he playing touch football during his recovery? Touch footy would be the most strenuous thing you could do coming of a knee injury

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
He just threw it out on twitter that he was keen for a game and organised it that way

So are we assuming QLD didn't know about this and he played a game of touch without coaching or medical staff knowing, or has he had an all clear to compete in non contact sport?

Further more, big step for quade in his recovery to go out side without JOC (James O'Connor), Cips and Beale around, would have been hard for him.

Hope he is alright, QLD need him desperately.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
So are we assuming QLD didn't know about this and he played a game of touch without coaching or medical staff knowing, or has he had an all clear to compete in non contact sport?

Further more, big step for quade in his recovery to go out side without JOC (James O'Connor), Cips and Beale around, would have been hard for him.

Hope he is alright, QLD need him desperately.

From what the commentators were saying during the Brumbies game QC (Quade Cooper) was running the opposition defense during Reds training that week, so I'd expect the medical staff were fine with him doing that sort of stuff.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Just an extra few weeks at this stage.
Cool, thanks. SMH is reporting its not too bad

'Queensland are confident Quade Cooper's recuperation from a serious knee injury remains on track despite the star five-eighth going for scans after a game of social touch footy.

Cooper went to Brisbane Private Hospital on Thursday to discover whether he had re-injured the right knee that ended his World Cup in Auckland last October.

Cooper's scans were assessed by leading Brisbane orthopaedic surgeon Dr Peter Myers, who cleared the playmaker of any further damage to the anterior cruciate ligament he operated on last year.

Advertisement: Story continues below
"He hasn't re-injured his ligaments or sustained any structural damage," said a Reds spokesman on Thursday night.

"It's just a minor incident and he will continue with his rehab."

The 24-year-old's rehabilitation was headed in the right direction and his return to contact work appeared imminent when he acted as the Reds' water boy in their Good Friday clash against the Brumbies.

But the Reds hope the injury scare, which occurred after Cooper organised a game of touch football via Twitter, won't delay his comeback with the defending Super Rugby champions.

While a date for Cooper's return hadn't been set, it had been thought the mercurial No.10 could be back for the Reds' match with the Chiefs on May 13 in Brisbane.'

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Apparently a strength coach was there. It looked a bit as hoc but I'd say it was a sanctioned run as a bit of a light test. I saw him tweet about it and I have to admit I was a bit WTF? The risk is more from some over enthusiastic amateur doing something unintentionally. Mind you, if it can't hack a clumsy punter, it'll never hold up in a SuperRugby game.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
This is a classic "quade's an idiot" media beat up.

The reds s and c coach was there and condoned the game going on. FFS how is he going to run out and play for a reds in a few weeks if he cant get through a game of touch rugby.

It was a great idea by quade to connect with fans - rugby would be in a better place if more players did shit like this.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
QFT...

The reds s and c coach was there and condoned the game going on. FFS how is he going to run out and play for a reds in a few weeks if he cant get through a game of touch rugby.

It was a great idea by quade to connect with fans - rugby would be in a better place if more players did shit like this.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

Completely agree - he's been running for over the past couple of months and been playing touch for over two/three weeks. So I can't see how this is that much different.

I'm sure other "stars" do similar things that we simply don't know about.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Completely agree - he's been running for over the past couple of months and been playing touch for over two/three weeks. So I can't see how this is that much different.

I'm sure other "stars" do similar things that we simply don't know about.

Agree. But if as reported today it's the case that his repaired knee swelled up the day after this touch game, that's maybe a genuine concern that's being PR'd over. If his docs and S&C person had OK'd this type of activity, that I am sure they would have, not a good thing to be getting next-day pain and/or swelling.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
If you follow him on Twitter he's played a few touch games already. I'd assume it's part of his rehab. He was meant to play at UQ on Mon but was cancelled due to rain.

Like others have said great to see him getting out there and mixing it up.

Hopefully it's as reported and doesn't extend his rehab!

Status
Not open for further replies.