• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good on him but he prob just played his last game for the wobs. NRL in 2013 is looking very likely

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm sorry to have to be the one tosay it, but if this wasn't a reds player the reaction would be totally different. Quade thinks he is above responsibility for his own form, it's always someone else's fault as Everytime he has got into trouble has been. Time to grow up.

J

Jiggles

I'm sorry to have to be the one tosay it, but if this wasn't a reds player the reaction would be totally different. Quade thinks he is above responsibility for his own form, it's always someone else's fault as Everytime he has got into trouble has been. Time to grow up.

Spot on my man! The Wallabies have been playing amazing rugby.

"We're Number 2! We're Number 2! We're Number 2!" is the triumphant victory call that can be heard echoing from the sheds after every game, win Lose or draw!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Spot on my man! The Wallabies have been playing amazing rugby.

"We're Number 2! We're Number 2! We're Number 2!" is the triumphant victory call that can be heard echoing from the sheds after every game, win Lose or draw!

I'm not sure what point your trying to make. Are you saying that the fact we are number 2 and the gap is widening to number 1 has nothing to do with Quade and the team should listen and do what he personally wants?

T

TOCC

That's it then, he can fuck off to league right now.

why?
Because he has come out and voiced his opinion that playing conservative/defensive rugby isnt going to beat the All Blacks?

Its the exact same thing that half this forum has been saying for weeks now, should we all fuck off to league as well?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Part of me wants to believe that Cooper has been hard done by by RD, and that RD has lost control of the shed, and that this is the tip of the iceberg, and that.....

......but in the the back of my mind, the little self interest detector has gone off, and it is saying that this potentially dumb series of statements are:

a. some part of a marketing strategy to divert responsibility from his recent poor form to make it all RD's fault,
b. to increase pressure on ARU or the Reds or whomever he may be in contract talks with at the moment regarding retaining a very high take home pay packet
c. to send a message to the mungos (if that is indeed where he may be headed) that he is worth a very large pay packet because his recent poor form has been all RD's fault.

Alternately, as frequently happens with the media, some rather innocent remarks by a raher naive young athlete have been taken well out of context by a headline seeking sneaky journalist who has set him up by peastering him with very leading questions in the hope of obtaining a controversial sound grab.

Regardless of the reality of the situation in the Wobs dressing room, it is probably not a career enhancing move to be as frankly critical as these public statements appear to be. For his sake, I hope he has a "big brother" looking after him, providing the necessary top cover otherwise he could be gooooooone.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
So no players will ever give comments? Ease up qwerty, he's not attacking his mates or his coach, he made a comment about the state of Aussie rugby.

Seems as though things will change or he'll go.

J

Jiggles

I'm not sure what point your trying to make. Are you saying that the fact we are number 2 and the gap is widening to number 1 has nothing to do with Quade and the team should listen and do what he personally wants?

The point is that it has nothing to do with Quade or his form. It is an observation, by a person inside the tent, that the game plan, or lack there of, that Deans has been presenting has been largely dross for most of the 5 years he has been in charge. I am on good enough terms with one of the injured established players and a couple of the fringe blokes to know that Quade isn't the only one who feels this way.

J

Jiggles

Part of me wants to believe that Cooper has been hard done by by RD, and that RD has lost control of the shed, and that this is the tip of the iceberg, and that...

..but in the the back of my mind, the little self interest detector has gone off, and it is saying that this potentially dumb series of statements are:

a. some part of a marketing strategy to divert responsibility from his recent poor form to make it all RD's fault,
b. to increase pressure on ARU or the Reds or whomever he may be in contract talks with at the moment regarding retaining a very high take home pay packet
c. to send a message to the mungos (if that is indeed where he may be headed) that he is worth a very large pay packet because his recent poor form has been all RD's fault.

HJ - Quade has committed to the QRU and wants to be there for the next 3 years, it is the ARU who is currently dicking him around with contracts.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To me these comments are a reaction from his performance last weekend, he's trying to excuse the errors he's made by attempting to play expansive/exciting footy.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Here we go again. "Quade is terrible!" Quade is wonderful!".

I would like to see the wallabies play some sort of rugby. If that's what his comments mean, I agree. The wallabies are so far off the rails that even Gnostic has stopped bringing it up.

QC (Quade Cooper) shooting his mouth off is hardly surprising but of the couple of thousand people who are really paying attention to rugby just now, a reasonable number are going to agree with him.

Bringing the reds/waratahs/brumbies/rebels/force into it really raises the tone, doesn't it? Thanks.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The poor man's Carlos Spencer should first start playing better to demonstrate to us all that he is ready to "UNLEASH" that great attacking game he thinks he can play at test match level against the best sides.

Or is the culture Deans has created to blame for his error-strewn play and decided lack of attacking flair this year - both for the Wallabies and the Reds?

Status
Not open for further replies.