• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

randalf8

The coach has lost the plot and never had a viable game plan for the wallabies anyway. Not in 2008 and not now.

That said, Cooper is clearly operating as a free agent on the paddock at times and it's been a while since he was terribly successful at that.

I'd like Cooper to be successful and participate in winning the bled back, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he upped and went to league. He has shortcomings that I doubt will fix themselves if they haven't fixed themselves in ~40 tests, and some of them can't reasonably be placed at the feet of the coach. Is it the coach's fault that he would almost always rather attempt a low percentage flick pass in contact than take the tackle and set up for the next phase?

R

randalf8

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

It's an opinion, but...

3 from 17, perhaps?

Unless you think the coach never had the support of the players even in the early days, and they've just been ignoring him for 5 years.

They were all drinking the "play whats in front of you" kool-aid back in 2008 - 2010, anyway.

The problem is that because so many of our "playmakers" are closet leaguies, and if I may be indelicate perhaps not the sharpest tools in the shed, they need firmer instruction than "just do what feels good".

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I read the article and had an immediate reaction to his quotes, which is apparently the exact opposite to 90% of you guys.

Like Quade gives a fuck about RD now, he knows he has probably played his last game for RD because he will either be replaced before or after the end of season tour. Quade can miss a northern sojourn, set super rugby on fire and like Link is going to pick anyone else at 10 for the Wallabies.

This was just an oppourtunity to give the finger to RD one more time. I know it was childish but I rate him for it anyway because I think he actually believes what he is saying and is passionate about taking the Wallabies to the next level. Compared to our last shellacking at the hands of the AB where we didn't score a point (with no QC (Quade Cooper) in the team) and RD just shrugs his shoulder and basically said we aren't in their league (and i'm clueless what to do about it).

I know which guy I respect more.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This was just an oppourtunity to give the finger to RD one more time. I know it was childish but I rate him for it anyway because I think he actually believes what he is saying and is passionate about taking the Wallabies to the next level. Compared to our last shellacking at the hands of the AB where we didn't score a point (with no QC (Quade Cooper) in the team) and RD just shrugs his shoulder and basically said we aren't in their league (and i'm clueless what to do about it).

I know which guy I respect more.

Quade Cooper played 10 in that game.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why are Quade's biggest fans, Robbie's biggest critics?

Because they compare Quade's Super rugby form and Test form and see Robbie as the difference.

When is the last test Quade actually played well? Even in the minnow Tests in the WC he wasn't great, he threw intercepts against Russia ffs. He was quiet, not poor in the Brisbane win last year. Probably France 2010 but the opposition that day can be questioned.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the 22-0 score is a bit of a furphy.

We had at least two opportunities to take an easy three points in the second half.

Should we have just taken a penalty shot so the scoreline wasn't to nil? We couldn't score a try and that was bad, but taking 3 points just so the scoreboard was more respectable was surely a lamer option that would have copped massive criticism in itself.

R

randalf8

take the points in a test match (perhaps not in the last 5 minutes)

R

randalf8

As a massive Deans detractor, I'd imagine you'd be quite vocal if we'd lost the game 22-6 after taking two penalty kicks in the second half when the game was out of reach.

I'm all about taking the points.

Especially when you don't look like scoring any tries.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm certainly not Quades biggest fan. But he is currently the best 10 that we have a chance of creating an exciting style of rugby around.

Robbie on the other hand is the turd stuck onto the bottom of the Wallabies shoe, it's just no one has bothered to scrape him off yet.

J

Jiggles

Because they live in the fantasy land that the Reds 2011 season can be easily replicated in test rugby.

So well structured and precise play can't be replicated at test level? might as well not bother with putting a test team in the mix then.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So well structured and precise play can't be replicated at test level? might as well not bother with putting a test team in the mix then.

I think the average standard of player is much better and defences are better with less missed tackles. Far fewer opportunities are presented.

The pressure of test match rugby can't be ignored either. It is a bigger stage and players are only human. I think nerves come in to test match rugby far more than in Super Rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.