• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Nasser and Cooper have been way out ahead of the ARU, shaping this story in their interest from the start. Even this story today- note the author is a league journo. If it came from the ARU why would they give it to Brad Walter?

This was always going to be the case. The two sides are playing by completely different rules.

It would be completely unprofessional for the ARU to publically release the details of private contracts. The best they can do is refute the claims made by Cooper and Nasser but only in a general way that doesn't involve the release of specifics.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Has anything been "announced" by either:

a) QC (Quade Cooper) or Nasser
b) The Reds
c) The ARU?

I think I'll reserve my judgement on the offer/QC (Quade Cooper)/The ARU/etc once a few more facts are available.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is nice to know that the ARU has plenty of money to throw around.

Probably saving some $ now that JO'N won't be on their books next year.

It seems like the ARU have done a Gillard (reverse triple backflip with double spin in the tuck position) with their "new" offer.

With so much of this negotion process being "conducted" via the media circus, One is left wondering what was actually on the table at the various times. I am sure that the truth was most likely significantly different to what was protrayed/reported in the media.

If QC (Quade Cooper) can keep his nose clean and STFU and just play some footy, we should just make it to 150pp, but 200 seems a bridge too far.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Except Ryan is a THP really. (we're nit-pickers at heart).
So much rests on who comes back well in S15, who gets or stays injured, and who bolts from the blue.
I am looking forward to Super rugby already.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Has anything been "announced" by either:

a) QC (Quade Cooper) or Nasser
b) The Reds
c) The ARU?

I think I'll reserve my judgement on the offer/QC (Quade Cooper)/The ARU/etc once a few more facts are available.

12pm AEDT today we'll hear something from QC (Quade Cooper)/Nasser and the Reds

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I also wonder if the ARU really changed that much about the offer, and this was just a PR exercise by Khoder.

Nasser and Cooper have been way out ahead of the ARU, shaping this story in their interest from the start. Even this story today- note the author is a league journo. If it came from the ARU why would they give it to Brad Walter?

A part of me wonders if the offer was ALWAYS decent, and yet Khoder and Quade put on a whole circus to try and get it a bit better. So the ARU bump it up marginally, and then QC (Quade Cooper) accepts and trumpets his victory over the ARU, and always at pains to note he turned down 'lucrative' offers from overseas clubs, thus proving his loyalty.

I don't think we'll know the whole story for quite some time.

Brad Walter has been on rugby duty whilst the actual rugby journos have been on the spring tour and now on holidays. He's been covering the Folau story also, just to rub salt into the NRL wounds.

Agree the ARU has been way behind on the PR front here.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I still don't understand what changed from the ARU perspective.

I recall that QC (Quade Cooper) wanted a one year contract but the ARU has got him to commit for two years.

Otherwise, I agree with everyone else that Nasser seems to have played the media game better than the ARU and the truth won't come out for some time.

Good news for the Reds to have him signed now so they can pump the membership drive between now and February.

T

TOCC

So by the end of his next contract he will likely have close to 100 caps for Queensland and would have been at the clubs 7 years since his debut....
Not bad for someone who has at times been labelled as someone purely just chasing the money..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well then see everyone back here in 2 years

Do you reckon he can stay under the radar for that long and just play the footy that he is capable of playing? I hope so, but I also think of spotty leopards.

No mention of leave to participate in extra curricular activities such as boxing in the ARU Press release.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.