• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qualifying Final 2: Brumbies v Chiefs. Sat. 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
These semis are fun this year, I can sit there and cheer for both sides to rip the shit out of eachother (while hoping the Brumbies win)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
These semis are fun this year, I can sit there and cheer for both sides to rip the shit out of eachother (while hoping the Brumbies win)

That's one way of looking at it.

On the other hand, would you prefer to win the Bledisloe? Getting the shit ripped out of our prospective Wallabies is not what I want to see. Maybe I am just getting old. Older. :(

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Just wish the Shorks/Clan game was before this one so I could determine the degree of shit-ripping I want to occur to the Brumbies.

EDIT: then again, if my wishes were to come true and the Highlanders win, then the Brumbies beat the Crusaders in controversial circumstances, and THEN the Tahs win, there will no doubt be some mealy-mouthed Cantab who claims the Tahs didn't deserve the title based on the fact they didn't face the best Kiwi team.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
That's one way of looking at it.

On the other hand, would you prefer to win the Bledisloe? Getting the shit ripped out of our prospective Wallabies is not what I want to see. Maybe I am just getting old. Older. :(

I can compartmentalise my feeling on this, at the moment I am a Tahs supporter

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Scott Sio
2. Josh Mann-Rea
3. Ben Alexander
4. Sam Carter
5. Leon Power
6. Scott Fardy
7. Jarrad Butler
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Robbie Coleman
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

16. Ruaidhri Murphy
17. Ruan Smith
18. Allan Ala'alatoa
19. Fotu Auelua
20. Tom McVerry
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Joe Tomane
23. Pat McCabe

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hope the result is decided before Murphy comes on at hooker... couple of crucial lineouts could make it ugly.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Chiefs

1. Jamie Mackintosh
  2. Mahonri Schwalger
  3. Ben Tameifuna
  4. Mike Fitzgerald
  5. Brodie Retallick
  6. Liam Messam
  7. Tanerau Latimer
  8. Liam Squire
  9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow
  10. Aaron Cruden ©
  11. James Lowe
  12. Bundee Aki
  13. Tim Nanai-Williams
  14. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
  15. Dwayne Sweeney
  16. Nathan Harris
  17. Pauliasi Manu
  18. Nick Barrett
  19. Matt Symons
  20. Tevita Koloamatangi
  21. Augustine Pulu
  22. Gareth Anscombe
  23. Tom Marshall

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That is a pretty good Chiefs side. I'd say that bench is much better - particularly in the forwards - which could be significant in the closing stages. Can't believe Sweeney starts ahead of Marshall though.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Leaning toward the Brumbies, but they can't afford another goal kicking performance like last week...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Two good looking sides I reckon at near full strength. Should be a ball tearer.

shelford.jpg

Buck's starting to look worried.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Chiefs are starting to look ominous, that's a very impressive team list. Much as I'd like to see a Ponies/Clan double I wouldn't put money on it.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think the mediaAnd the brumbies are reading into the force game way to much. The chiefs will be offside the whole game and stop the brumbies unlike the force and they had the complete run of The refs calls last week that have them an easy win. I think they will loose this week unfortunately.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think the media
And the brumbies are reading into the force game way to much. The chiefs will be offside the whole game and stop the brumbies unlike the force and they had the complete run of
The refs calls last week that have them an easy win. I think they will loose this week unfortunately.

With both teams playing offside then I suspect it might get pretty ugly rugby pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.