• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Qualifying Final 2: Brumbies v Chiefs. Sat. 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think the mediaAnd the brumbies are reading into the force game way to much. The chiefs will be offside the whole game and stop the brumbies unlike the force and they had the complete run of The refs calls last week that have them an easy win. I think they will loose this week unfortunately.
You must watch a different game to everyone else.. you basically think every try against the force was forward offside obstruction or something else.. Then if you lose its the refs fault.. I'm not basing this just off the Brumbies game.. Ive watched it in every match thread about the Force..

I think we are just confident at home not reading to much into the Force game.

It be a tough game, and we both will have the same ref..

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
My oldest boy's getting to go to the Captains Run this morning to thank him for being a ball boy this season. He's pretty chuffed about it. They can thank us properly by giving the Chiefs a spanking tomorrow night :)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The reason the Brumbies looked so good against the Force is the visitors sat on their heels in defence.

To'omua et al won't get the cakewalk they got at the ruck or off the D line this week. But they'll still find a way to win.

Which makes it even more important that Tahs fans buy all the tickets available and stop those mustard coloured scum from down the Hume getting into our ground

;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The other plus for the Ponies is that Joubert is the ref, and once he's on your side, you're pretty safe. Or at least you're going to avoid most of the controversy.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Knock out football. Don't think it will be a loose, running game this weekend. Both sides look to be pretty evenly matched. Joubers has been hot and cold this year. Hope he doesn't have an untoward influence on the outcome. Go Brumbies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The other plus for the Ponies is that Joubert is the ref, and once he's on your side, you're pretty safe. Or at least you're going to avoid most of the controversy.

I don't know. I would have thought he generally doesn't let players get away with a huge amount at the breakdown.

The Brumbies will need to keep their discipline well in check. Their strength is their competitiveness at the breakdown but it can also become their weakness if they don't get right on top and the referee starts cracking down on them.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Joubert heavily favours the defending breakdown, he gives a lot of leniency to players off their feet and would be the highest giver of the 'holding on' penalty. He doesn't like attacking footy and game he's refs are never high try scoring. Look at the Lions 2nd Test 1 try in the 75th min and a shitload of holding on penalties. I hold grave concerns for the Tahs chances if he refs the final or semi. The Brumbies will love him.

Walsh is the opposite, he favours attacking rugby and cracks down on any cynical breakdown stuff, I would hope to get him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I reckon that the Tribe fancy their chances against the Ponies and will be targeting the set piece.

The ongoing absence of Moore is a major blow that I don't think many have fully appreciated.

The Tribe seem to have got their mojo back, and when mojo enhanced, they are very dangerous. Any team that has Anscombe riding the pine rather than starting is pretty confident.

I'm looking forward to the To'omua vs Cruden battle.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You must watch a different game to everyone else.. you basically think every try against the force was forward offside obstruction or something else.. Then if you lose its the refs fault.. I'm not basing this just off the Brumbies game.. Ive watched it in every match thread about the Force..

I think we are just confident at home not reading to much into the Force game.

It be a tough game, and we both will have the same ref..
Your putting words in my mouth. Only one try in that game came from a referee error and it was the first.
For the sake of Australian rugby I hope I'm wrong but I can't see then winning and you can't read to much into the force game. It's just the truth.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The reason the Brumbies looked so good against the Force is the visitors sat on their heels in defence.

To'omua et al won't get the cakewalk they got at the ruck or off the D line this week. But they'll still find a way to win.

Which makes it even more important that Tahs fans buy all the tickets available and stop those mustard coloured scum from down the Hume getting into our ground

;)
The force stayed onside in defence. They needed to push the boundaries more . The brumbies did. Even to the point where Tamooa was meters offside at every set piece but then Holmes got pinged for being offside because the brumbies line out dummies.

Anyway I don't want to talk about last week.

I'm worried about the tests. Tamooa will give away easy penalties

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
How are ticket sales tracking? You'd think a season high attendance of 18k would be a must for such an important fixture.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I hold grave concerns for the Tahs chances if he refs the final or semi. The Brumbies will love him.

Walsh is the opposite, he favours attacking rugby and cracks down on any cynical breakdown stuff, I would hope to get him.

Given that both Walsh and Joubers are in action this weekend, I doubt whether they'll be in action next weekend.

This is their audition for the final.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
My oldest boy's getting to go to the Captains Run this morning to thank him for being a ball boy this season. He's pretty chuffed about it. They can thank us properly by giving the Chiefs a spanking tomorrow night :)

What a great day to get that privilege! Was he there when Patty Mills showed up? Bet he was pretty stoked.
Great to see someone like Patty Mills still supporting the local team. Its funny to see pics of the Brumbies players looking a little star struck!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Given that both Walsh and Joubers are in action this weekend, I doubt whether they'll be in action next weekend.

This is their audition for the final.

I don't really see it as that, it says to me they're the 2 best rated refs and will referee next week as well. I do think every ref is neutral for here on out though and I think Walsh would firm if we play the Brumbies.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
What a great day to get that privilege! Was he there when Patty Mills showed up? Bet he was pretty stoked.
Great to see someone like Patty Mills still supporting the local team. Its funny to see pics of the Brumbies players looking a little star struck!

He'd left by the time the boys got there. The boys had a great time, and the Brumbies players all came up to them for a chat and giving them instructions. They all received a signed match ball - my boy's stoked! Have to say I enjoyed myself too.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.