• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Questions for James O'Connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You do understand what "assertion" means, I'm guessing? A forceful statement of belief or fact. Which is what you are making. I just did not want those cans of worms re-opened, from a moderating POV, for reasons clearly stated. I'm not trying to argue facts or otherwise with you about them.
And right or wrong, they have all been given chances. He should start taking them before they cease to be forthcoming.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
You do understand what "assertion" means, I'm guessing? A forceful statement of belief or fact. Which is what you are making. I just did not want those cans of worms re-opened, from a moderating POV, for reasons clearly stated. I'm not trying to argue facts or otherwise with you about them.
And right or wrong, they have all been given chances. He should start taking them before they cease to be forthcoming.

sorry, since you said you werent agreeing with my assertions i thought you were saying that i thought they were facts when they werent, apologies for the misunderstanding. but surely after 3 years, and now the dust has settled, and tempers cooled, it could be debated civilly?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
sorry, since you said you werent agreeing with my assertions i thought you were saying that i thought they were facts when they werent, apologies for the misunderstanding. but surely after 3 years, and now the dust has settled, and tempers cooled, it could be debated civilly?
You might think! :D

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

And my wording re "not agreeing" was probably not great either, so the confusion was as much my fault. No harm done.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This is heading to the exact areas that Cyclopath is trying to avoid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If I have to bring in the Lollipop people to keep the traffic from snarling, I will.
And by lollipop people, I mean.........

Hammer_ced38a_913744.jpg

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Agree. Not forgetting Karmichael Hunt. A cocaine dealer, not great to have around young players starting out at the club and a user for quite a while, he used to turn up for training at times high. He also rolled over to protect his arse. He was also accused with two other Bronco players (who snuck into the toilet ) of raping a young woman in a toilet and then taking photos.

That's the lovely thing about forums, you can say "accused" without adding the other bits that were very well known around Brisbane - woman on her hen's night, consensual, false claim when her partner found out, was reported that police would have dropped it instantly if not for the people involved and the media attention it had already caught. Was thrown out soon after anyway.

Two of the three left the Broncos after that as they felt they were thrown under a bus by the team and Brisbane media for a false claim.

Moral of the story is that if you are a football player, be careful doing public things that can affect your reputation.

That's not excusing the reprehensible behaviour footballers often shown to women, but it does make them a(n easier) target.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
He really is the poster boy of First World Problems. I'd cheer against any team he played for. I have no idea how he attracts so many apologists. He's a self-made hubris meme. He's the anti-Pocock.

Oh well, looks like I won't have to cheer against any teams on his account for the foreseeable future. I'm sure they'll be relieved.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I suspect that what sets James apart from guys like Quade and Kurtley is not so much the things that are reported but the things that we don't hear about.
I have no idea but guys like him can have a massive destabilising effect on a team unit. They don't have to do a whole lot wrong off the field but if they are constantly upsetting the apple cart in small ways then when they do something like sleep through a publicity event or stay out past curfew then they probably will be dealt with a lot more harshly. All speculation on my part but of course.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I suspect that what sets James apart from guys like Quade and Kurtley is not so much the things that are reported but the things that we don't hear about.
I have no idea but guys like him can have a massive destabilising effect on a team unit. They don't have to do a whole lot wrong off the field but if they are constantly upsetting the apple cart in small ways then when they do something like sleep through a publicity event or stay out past curfew then they probably will be dealt with a lot more harshly. All speculation on my part but of course.

I've heard he's an incredibly hard trainer but a bit of a dick around the club. So it checks out.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
ARU should make a film of his life and use it as a warning in the life skills program - working title: "Squandered"

Side bar - I'm very confused by your profile picture because they appear to be defending with their outside shoulders (the ones furthest from the ruck).

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Some pretty cracking responses by Boudjellal about this whole shit show (it's in French so you'll need Google to Translate it)
http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/rugby/to...la-cocaine-s-est-invitee-dans-le-rugby-848039

There are two different cases. On one side we have a 36-year-old ( Ali Williams ) whose career is over, and on the other a 26-year-old whose career, I hope for him, is not over. We have one player who was caught cocaine positive ( James O'Connor ) and one who was negative and who, apparently, was a good trader. But I knew Williams was a good negotiator. It has been confirmed again: at 180 € the 2.4 grams, it negotiates as well as its contracts.

Also, I didn't realise they had a game in a couple days, seems like Déjà vu from the Lions.

"James made a mistake, and it is difficult to defend. What shocks me most is that we have a Saturday game that is very important … and I have a player who was in a nightclub in front of the Arc de Triomphe at 3 o'clock in the morning with I do not know how many grams of alcohol in the blood and who, in addition, consumes cocaine."

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Some pretty cracking responses by Boudjellal about this whole shit show (it's in French so you'll need Google to Translate it)
http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/rugby/to...la-cocaine-s-est-invitee-dans-le-rugby-848039

Also, I didn't realise they had a game in a couple days, seems like Déjà vu from the Lions.

That's a cracker. Citing his ability to negotiate with the amount of coke purchased, lol. As if the French millionaire owner of rugby's glamour team doesn't know his way around a credit card and shiny surface...

c8164522a9f9e4196c2807a69eda5c6d

It's just so easy to dislike the guy!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
You come up on the attackers' inside shoulder: AKA drift defence, AKA sliding defence

Ah, I've never heard it cued that way. I've always heard it talked about as YOUR outside shoulder, not THERE inside shoulder. Interesting.

I didn't realise they had a game in a couple days, seems like Déjà vu from the Lions.
I am 90% sure he's injured still and was just in town to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.