• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

R11: Waratahs vs Sharks @ Western Sydney Stadium - Saturday 27 April 2019

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Georgina Robson reporting that the Tahs normally get 5000 members (SCG members I guess?) and they got nowhere near that on Saturday night.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hate to be that guy but theyve done absolutely fuck all to change rugby from a posh boy love in and then wonder why no one in Para gives a fuck.

'We wont give up' - maybe you should start trying?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
But then last week the Reds bullied the Sharks into making numerous errors and the Sharks didn’t have the capacity to handle Kerevi and co. This is more a Waratah specific problem I feel.
The Sharks could lose to Romania the one week and beat the All Blacks the next (not literally, but you get the point).

That's what is so frustrating because they should, in my mind, be the best SA side. Last year they did very well in NZ. Problem for them is Robert Jnr has been overplayed (having had a stint in England and no rest to speak of). They would do well to give him some time off rather.

On a somewhat unrelated note, Johann Ackerman just steered Gloucester into a top 4 finish for the first time since 2011. I hope they consider him to join the Boks in some capacity after Rassie steps down as coach.

Reactions: dru
S

Show-n-go

The problems are that the standard of football is below what I would expect from full-time professionals and the competition makes it impossible for all but the most rusted on fans to become involved.

Price only comes into it because the product is a dud and it can't sustain interest. Parramatta is hardly woop woop.

it's not that it's in whoop whoop it's just that it's pretty hard to get to.

i work in offices all over western sydney and parra is easily the hardest to get to despite it being relatively close geographically from where i live

Public transport to get there is shite and no matter what direction you're coming at it from, you're driving into traffic

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

i work in offices all over western sydney and parra is easily the hardest to get to despite it being relatively close geographically from where i live

Public transport to get there is shite and no matter what direction you're coming at it from, you're driving into traffic
I heard parking was hard to come by. And that was for a 10k crowd but I travelled down for the game by train. It was pretty easy. Very regular service and a free shuttle bus at the station. I was told it's about a 10 minute walk otherwise. No more difficult to access via public transport than the SCG

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

I caught the ferry, was long but real nice.

S

Show-n-go

I heard parking was hard to come by. And that was for a 10k crowd but I travelled down for the game by train. It was pretty easy. Very regular service and a free shuttle bus at the station. I was told it's about a 10 minute walk otherwise. No more difficult to access via public transport than the SCG

Except majority of Sydney can get to central on one train ride, majority of Sydney can’t get to parra without catching multiple trains

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
It's a pretty easy walk, but late at night with a small crowd it can be a pretty grim one!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The greenies are concerned about the destruction of the river banks so we have wake free ferries, I suggested concreting the banks and dredging the river, this did not go down well

You need to move to the Gold Coast, mate.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
It was not the best sight watching the Tahs forwards being bounced back over and over again with the Try line in sight. The Sharks bigger pack just kept shoving the Tahs pack back.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
The funny thing is the sharks didn't play that well. They should have scored a few more tries with the Tahs down to 13 but their attack was also lacking.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
The greenies are concerned about the destruction of the river banks so we have wake free ferries, I suggested concreting the banks and dredging the river, this did not go down well

Greenies thrive on emotion not solutions. I know a good concreter.