• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Talk about an away jersey fail.

Attachments

• 20150905_182218.jpg
    20150905_182218.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 190

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ um, both were wearing their usual strip. I watched the full 80 & at no time did I mistake a Bay player for a Harbour one.

Anyhow, FT Magpies 48-32 Harbour who'll be wondering what might've been had they had a half-decent goal kicker and/ or if West had got his usual ~6/8 return rather than 8/8.........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I missed the Wkato/Akld game yesterday, tried to record the replay last night and bloody Foxtel played golf when it was meant to be on:mad:, so I will have to wait until next replay or catch it on the web.That looks a reasonable try you got posted up there WOB. By geez hasn't been a bad weekend of matches so far, looks like the teams are starting to find their groove. Enjoyed the 2 games I caught yesterday, and NH did a lot better in Shield challenge than I thought they would. In the Wellington match I continued to be impressed with young Fifita at 6, he must surely be playing his way into a super contract as a lock/6 somewhere.

And thank god they have found a decent ref for the Mighty Nua, WOB and I can sleep peacefully again (for a week), knowing they will sweep all before them from now until end of the season!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know this is just from a school match in NZ this year, but you think the All Black's haka is powerful,..pfft cop this before a game

I know I know it the wrong thread!

Wow! Looks like Pukekura Park & New Plymouth Boys High do play in black & white hoops IIRC, any idea who the white team were?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ apparently it's not Pukekura Park but it is NPBHS 1st XV:

image.jpg

Any number of vids & images if you google "NPBHS rugby", the one you found looks by far the most impressive, tho.

Another half century, 'naki 50-7 Taniwha. Maybe it's possible to have attractive, high-scoring games without bastardising the Laws after all. Just sayin'.............

@2blues should be happy, BOP 14-5 Steelers but still early days yet.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Must admit was thinking of your drinks menu as I watched game 2blues
I've decided that any time BOP lose in the ITM I will pay tribute to the opposition by drinking "their" beer for the following week. This is also a tribute to Tatafu Polota-Nau who famously declined to cut his hair until the Mighty Two Blues won a match (back in our darkest days).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually I got a "Wild Buck" hat, bunch of us were given them by manager of Martinborough pub last year, never did try the beer.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
^^^^^^ how was the Wild Buck? Or are you still making sure the sample is large enough to produce a reliable result? :) :) :)
Well I'm not sure that I have sampled a statistically reliable ..... ummm ..... sample, but I think it's OK, nothing special but not objectionable. I probably wouldn't be searching the bottle shops for it but I won't be throwing the remaining bottles away either.

I see the BOP are hosting Taranaki over at Rotorua this week. Not sure if I'll go to that. Given that the 'Naki seem to be getting back on course I may have to plan for the unthinkable - what beer would I need to buy if "that which we shall not contemplate" actually occur?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Try to see if you can find a Taranaki IPA from Mike's Brewery. Should be able to get it at Liquorland in Mount Manganui.
TIPA-LABEL.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Approaching midway in the comp & Premiership Top 4 looking very much like being Tasman, Cantabs, Aucks & either 'naki or Waikato. Manawatu's stay in the Prem looks like being short-lived, I doubt even the rumoured return of Cruden would be enough.

Championship Top 3 Magpies, Wellies & BOP with 4th wide open for any of Southland, Harbour or Otago. Northland almost certain to collect the Spoon.

http://www.itmcup.co.nz/Fixtures/Standings

Heartland has another two rounds before splitting into Meads & Lochore Cups: mighty 'nua currently 6th & have East Coast & North Otago, both currently below them, to play this week & next. Probably need to win both to be certain of making the Lochore, drop a game & they may or may not make it, lose both & it's bottom half again.

@Dan I found a (Taranaki) Daily News article about Taranaki Draught being relaunched in 2012 but no-one seems to be selling it so I'm guessing it was a short-lived comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.